• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 question!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hi,

First of all sorry - I've been putting off asking you guys for days, however now I'm so annoyed I thought I'd post this....

So I just started playing Fable 2 - took me a while, I know - I dunno why 'cuz I enjoyed the first one.

I randomly decided to kill people in the market square (as you do!) and didn't have enough money to pay the fine, so I resisted arrest and now the crappy guards won't get off my back. I've tried everything - I've looked online for solutions - I've committed more crimes, to see if they ask for a fine again, I've let then own me, I've gone away and completed abut 3 quests and come back and they are STILL coming for me.

I've looked at gamespot and all the other sites and so far the suggested solutions haven't worked?!

I'm also very aware of the the Fable 2 forum - I had a quick look, but I don't want to join up - ask a stupid n00b question, then leave, so I thought I'd try here first!

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Eb ^_^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Endless spawns of guards coming after you? PAH!
They, Ebony, are called PUNCHING BAGS, TEAR THEM IN HALF AND DANCE ON THEIR ENTRAILS LIKE A TRUE EVIL CHARACTER!

*Ahem*
Sorry, getting a little carried away with myself there, but seriously, I think you've just got a glitch thar, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but due to Lionhead's "oh so wise" decision to allow one save slot per character, you MAY have to restart, otherwise I have no idea how to fix it.

Unless...You just lay low for a while, as far as I know, they usually get off your back after quite some time.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha! Thanks - I have tried to kill them, but they don't die!!! >_<

So if it's a glitch and I do start again what is the 'normal' thing to do in this situation - do they lay off eventually or do they ask for a fine/community service again?

Thanks!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Best bet is to avoid that town and go elsewhere to earn some money and then pay fine when you can. If you leave for 15mins then come back you should get the option to pay/resist arrest or do community service. Eventually the menu should pop back up again at some point.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Thanks. I'll haveta see what happens for now, I really don't wanna start again. :)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
same thing happened to me...and indeed it works to do other missions and avoid the town....i think that on ur map under the pause menu, if u go to the town name, it should tell u if ur wanted or not...i think it will also tell u how long u have to wait...i forget that little bit...but honestly...just avoid the town for a while and try doing jobs and missions and starting a life in another town for a while....haha

Top Bottom