• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ezio/Assassins Creed in Soul Calibur 5?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Assassin's Creed and Ezio in SoulCalibur V?

According to the latest rumours, Assassin's Creed II hero Ezio Auditore de Firenze is one of the cameo fighters in Namco Bandai's SoulCalibur V, although nothing has been confirmed yet.

SoulCalibur V - or is it? This image, which is purportedly of the select screen from the game, was sent to Joystiq

article-1319018066181-0E700FB600000578-794930_636x417.jpg
SoulCalibur V - or is it? This image, which is purportedly of the select screen from the game, was sent to Joystiq

The evidence for Ezio's inclusion in the game comes from an image of the select screen from SoulCalibur V, which we'd normally discount instantly as it's one of the most commonly faked kind of images in gaming.

It was sent to US website Joystiq though, who seem to think there's something in it. Although it's already been reported as fact across most of the Internet neither Namco Bandai nor Assassin's Creed publisher Ubisoft have confirmed or denied the story.

The SoulCalibur series does have a long tradition of celebrity cameos though, often with different characters appearing in different format versions of the game. Ever since SoulCalibur II that's meant the likes of Link, Spawn, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Kratos appearing in various entries in the series.

Ezio would certainly be a better fit than the Star Wars characters, since at least they're all set in roughly the right time period, but that alone is no proof that any of this is true.

Even if it is the next question is whether Ezio is specific to just one format, with perhaps Altaïr from the first game appearing in another.

Whatever's going on the game is still quite a way out from being released and isn't expected until late 2012. Although it was looking pretty good last time we saw it at the Tokyo Game Show.

I suppose it'll be more definite when more details are released, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake picture.

Forget Ezio... I WANT DANTE IN SCV!!!!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I do like the nods to other games but i dont like the way SC has been going since SC2. SC2 was all about range, and inside moves, side steps, guard blocks and parries at a reasonable pace. Ever since then, its like Namco is trying to be as flashy as possible and its losing its core.
The best times i had playing are when me and my opponent can fight toe to toe evading everything thats thrown at us. SC5 looks like my created character select screen on SC4 and all the special moves need to go quick. SC4 might be the last time i buy into the series.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I love character creation, but one thing that does confuse me was the need to include Yoda and Vader in SC4... to me, they just didn't fit in with the setting of the game

Dark Drakan

Admin
I love character creation, but one thing that does confuse me was the need to include Yoda and Vader in SC4... to me, they just didn't fit in with the setting of the game

I think they were just trying to include popular characters from games of the time and The Force Unleashed was getting a lot of attention at the time.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
EZIO IS NOW CONFIRMED FOR SOUL CALIBUR 5!

Ezio confirmed for SoulCalibur V, release date announced

Assassin’s Creed II’s Ezio Auditore da Firenze has been confirmed as a guest character for next year’s SoulCalibur V, as Sony Pictures edge closer to signing a deal for an Assassin’s Creed film adaption

article-1319183815887-0E77B27400000578-322344_636x300.jpg

The presence of Ezio in SoulCalibur V had been rumoured earlier in the week, and despite what looked like fairly flimsy evidence at the time it’s all been proven to be 100% correct and he’ll be appearing in both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game.

As noted though he’s a good fit for the medieval-themed beat ‘em-up and is set to use a variety of his signature weapons, including his Roman longsword, crossbow, stiletto, hidden gun, and all important hidden blade. That’s more than any of the other regular characters.

Ezio is based on his original appearance in Assassin’s Creed II and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, not as the older character from this year’s Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. There’ll also be an Assassin’s Creed stage in the game, complete with music from the series.

At the same time Namco Bandai has announced a release date for SoulCalibur V, with the game due on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on February 3 next year. Other characters confirmed for the game include Raphael, Leixia (daughter of Xianghua from SoulCalibur IV), and Nightmare.

What’s not being said is whether Ezio is the only guest character. The fact that Namco Bandai are keeping that a secret, and that the series has never had just one guest, leads us to assume he’s not. Whether the others will also be from Assassin’s Creed - or other Ubisoft games – is anyone’s guess.

It’s not inconceivable that Ubisoft could even use the game to hint at the setting for next year’s Assassin’s Creed III, although February may be a bit soon for that.

In other Assassin’s Creed news Variety claims that Sony Pictures (technically nothing to do with Sony Computer Entertainment) are close to signing a deal for an Assassin’s Creed movie.

Ubisoft has apparently had a number of bidders for the film rights, although it’s not clear what historical period any potential film would be set in.

Xianghua has a daughter? Could Kilik be the daddy?

Ezio's Vid here http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/879265-ezio-confirmed-for-soulcalibur-v-release-date-announced

Top Bottom