• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Explaination of Vergil's Lust for Power.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Sorry for double post....

this will most likely be updated tomorrow, however don't count on it as i am lazy.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You have my help Trish, we'll get something done. And about that fight scene... I will do it for sure ;)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
more of part 2.....

Vergil walked out of the movie theatre with his little sister Megara, and his best friend Shara.

Shara wasn't Vergil's girlfriend, although that was a question the two were constantly asked..."Are you guys going out?". The answer was always “No“.

As they walked out into the parking lot, the trio noticed something odd....The lot was deserted....Which was weird because there had been people in the theatre...Vergil knew that could only mean one thing...Demons.

There was only silence.

Since Vergil was the only one that could fight at the moment, he gestured for Shara and Megara to stay close together. Then the demons showed up. A large mob of them. These were demons that Vergil hadn’t fought before, so they posed different moves. He unsheathed Yamato in a manner as to suggest that killing them would be fun. His blade, Yamato, enjoyed its master’s touch. Vergil and his sword had a deep respect for one another. To Vergil it was how the sword worked. And to Yamato, it was how its master worked. Together, they created perfect destruction. Even at his age, Vergil's sword play was matched only by his brother's.

He wasn’t one to toy or play around with his kill, like his brother Dante. He got straight to business. Deep down inside he wanted power to protect his loved ones, although his attitude usually showed no emotion. You could tell by how he handled Yamato, that he trained almost every day with the sword. And that he fought for more than just the pleasure of the kill. His strikes were perfectly timed, his dodges were easily executed. He sent out a quick flash of strikes, which ended up splitting the spider creatures into pieces. Then there was silence once more.

Vergil sheathed Yamato, and turned to face his little sister Meg.

“Thanks bro” Meg said to him. Vergil smiled, showing that he cared.

Unfortunately Vergil’s air of judgement was slightly off guard on that day, and Meg fell down after a heavy bite to the leg. In what seemed to be no time at all, Vergil had struck down the last spider.

Vergil grabbed Meg, who was bleeding quite badly, and was also crying. He picked her up, and ran to the nearby Hospital with her. His speed was like no humans, for he wasn‘t human. Luckily, he was just in time, and she suffered no major blood loss.

A Few Moments Later

Shara sat down next to Vergil. She was still scared at what she had witnessed. She was shaky a little, but Vergil held her hand to comfort her.

“I hope she’s okay Vergil” Shara said, tears strolling down her face.

“I was too weak to protect her. I have failed her” Vergil replied, hanging his head in shame.

Shara put out her fist, and nudged Vergil’s head up right. “Hey, chin up pal. You did your best” she said, to comfort him.

“My best wasn’t good enough though. This is why I can’t protect her, because I haven’t the power” Vergil said, not making eye contact with Shara.

“What does power do?” Shara simply replied.

“Without power we cannot protect those we love” Vergil said.

Shara could have sworn that a tear was in Vergil’s eye.

“Are you cryi…” she was about to ask, before she was cut off.

“No. I’m not” Vergil said. He turned his head to the side for a second, and then turned back. When he turned back, the tear was no longer visible.

credit and hugs to LOD for the fight scene and ending...(you were a huge help, pal.)

Part 3 coming soon...

aka958

Don't trust people
rep + for LoD and Trish (LoD for helping others and Trish for making this Lovely story). Im already waiting for the next part. and that thing about power Vergil was talking about, doesn't he says in Dmc3 that Might Controls everything and without strength you cannot Protect anything? it seems familiar.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
yeah and you think that was the only time he ever said that or something like it. I think not.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
:huh:?

Thanks guy. I'm just here to help out my pal Trish67, all true credit should go to her for her wonderful ideas :)

aka958

Don't trust people
i didn't say that! aww come one i was being nice but that sounded like something against me...

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
This will soon be updated...and we will meet some new characters, one of those characters will be Persephone, from the game concept, and Crystal Caves.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Here is more.....(me sorry for double post)

Vergil and Shara jumped into Vergil's car and followed to the ambulance to the hospital.
once in the hospital....spoke to the receptionist.
"May I help you?" the receptionist asked.
"Yes... My sister is here, Meggie Sparda...Where is she?"asked Vergil.
"Is Meggie a nickname? cause if it is im gonna need her real name." said the receptionist.
"Yeah, her real name is Megara... Megara Sparda." said Vergil
"okay she's in room 301." said the receptionist. "Is the auburn haired girl family as well?"
"No, I'm a friend..." said Shara
"then I'm afraid you can't go in, dear. Family only. It's a hospital policy." said the receptionist
"oh that's okay." said Shara, to the receptionist. "You go ahead in and I'll call Dante. and your aunt." she added to Vergil.
Vergil nodded and walked away toward Meg's room.

Shara went outside and took her cell phone and dialed the land line number to where Vergil, Dante and Meg lived with their aunt Ellie.
Dante picked up.
"Dante at your service, how may I help?" the cocky sixteen year old answered as if he were the king of the world.
As always Shara ignored Dante's cocky attitude. "Dante. It's Shara."
Dante thought for moment before answering. "Oh right you're Vergil's friend.What is it you need me for?"
"Well when you hear what I have to tell you, you'll want to get your ass down to hospital. Vergil, Meg and I were attacked by demons in the movie theatre parking lot. Meg's badly hurt and she's been admitted at the hospital."
There was no answer from Dante.
"Hello?"asked Shara, still speaking into the phone.
Dante's best friend, Neil picked up the phone. "Er, sorry Shara... He just took off right away as soon as you said the word attacked..."
"oh hi Neil. Where are you guys? are you at the apartment?"
"Yeah, I'm just here with Callie... So how bad was the attack?" said Neil
"It was pretty bad. I'm all right. The demons mostly went for Meg. Is Ellie there? Or is it just you and Callie?"
"No she isn't, it's just me and Callie..." said Neil
Just then Neil heard a key in the door, and it was Ellie.
"Oh she's home now, she just walked in the door." said Neil
"Hi Neil, Hi Callie. Where's Dante?" asked Callie
"Hi Ellie." said Callie.
"put me on the phone with Ellie." said Shara.
"Just a sec." said Neil, to Shara. He then spoke to Ellie. "I've got Vergil's friend, Shara on the phone. She called to say that she, Vergil and Meg were attacked my demons in the movie theatre parking lot and Meg was in the hospital. Dante took off. I assume he went to the hospital. Here Shara wants to talk to you."
Neil handed the phone to his friend's aunt.
"Hey Shara." said Ellie. "Yeah Neil. Just told me. I'll be right down." she hung up the phone.

Vergil opened the door to Meg's hospital room. Meg was badly banged up. but she was alive.
"Meggie..." he said, pulling a chair close to her bedside and sitting down.
"Vergil...." she said quietly.
"I'm here, Meggie." said Vergil, taking his little sister's hand. "I'm sorry."
"What are you sorry for Vergil?" asked Meggie.
"I failed." said Vergil. "I failed to protect you."
Before Meg could respond, door opened again. This time it was her other brother, Dante. Dante walked over and held Meg's other hand.
"Meggie....are you alright?" Dante asked.
"Yeah. I'm okay, Dante. And Vergil you didn't fail. It was hard for you to protect me, there were a lot of demons." said Meg.
"I know. But I feel as though I failed you as big brother." said Vergil.
"You could never fail me as a big brother, Vergil. Neither of you could fail at that because I love you both so much." said Meggie.

Later that week, before Meg was home from the hospital Vergil and Dante re-made the pact, they had made when they were ten years old. But this time instead of spitting on their hands and shaking, the brothers sealed the promise with blood. Both cutting the palm of their hand and shaking.

Even though, Vergil knew that Meggie didn't blame him. It still felt as though he had failed. I need more power, Vergil vowed to himself.

Vergil opened eyes when he realized he was being poked. It was his four year old daughter, Persephone Racheal. He looked over at the clock on his nightstand. It was three in the morning. He realized that Persephone must have had a nightmare. So he allowed her to crawl into his bed and snuggle with him.
"Did you have a nightmare, Baby?" he asked.
The little girl nodded.
"Can stay and sleep here with you, Daddy?" she asked.
It was Vergil's turn to nod. Of course, he thought. Persephone was his little girl. He loved her more than anything, and she was currently the only girl in his life. Her mother had left him after Persephone was born. And Vergil was currently not dating anyone, or actually it would be accurate to say that he was not in a serious relationship with anyone.
Vergil had intend to ask Persephone what her scary dream had been about but the little girl had already fallen asleep in his arms.

Top Bottom