• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Estimated sales (using my new calculator)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Honestly, if this game- Devil May Cry or not- is to sell much, it's going to have to reach to the legions beyond DMC like more commercial titles like God of war do. Believe it or not, most of the sells are going to come from people who weren't keeping up with the development, interested in the fan controversy, or cared much for the previous games. They will be people who are sitting around and see an awesome trailer one day and say "Holy **** that looks big and epic! Whatever that is!" That, honestly, is really how games sell. Marketing is key. This game better have freaking huge awesome cinematic flare and epic scope presented in grand fashion in the trailers when they come out. That, along with Ninja Theory's performance capture bringing characters to life should turn new heads. This game won't sink or swim with the established DMC fan-base alone. Their aren't enough of them for or against this game anymore that can to raise or hurt sales.
This is certainly true. As a matter of fact, not alot of people even know about DmC and thats because Capcom has other titles lined up and getting ready for release. Once the time arrives and Capcom feels its nessassary to give a true trailer of the game, thats when a lot of heads will be turned and like you pointed out, a lot of people who don't have any idea what Devil may Cry is, and a trailer at E3 or Gamescon or TGS with a full stage and lights and all that comes with new release games, its sure to get a lot of attention, whether good or bad, DmC will be everywhere. Thats if they go full on commercial, which i think they should because i dont think any dmc game has ever done, except for dmc2

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
They should advertise DmC more if they want it to be that popular since they are trying to win some new fans.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Tell that to assassin's creed 1,Bayonetta,Mass effect 1 ETC
They advertise it even though its unfinished that is why there are more people looking forward or know about the game.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Tell that to assassin's creed 1,Bayonetta,Mass effect 1 ETC
They advertise it even though its unfinished that is why there are more people looking forward or know about the game.

They inform, and tease but, no serious money is spent on adverts until the game is at least in the final stages of development. The project has a budget. An article in a magazine or an unfinished trailer at E3 are just to keep others up to date with the project and stay relevant in gamers minds. We've seen only two story and tone based trailers and several game-play demonstrations, but none were real complete advertisements of this game.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
An early advertisement can harm the game, rather than help it. DmC is an unfinished product, and advertising an unfinished product is like showing someone a half-finished puzzle. You have to complete it for it to look good...
anime-phoenix-wright-161552.gif

ReRave

smug jerk
An early advertisement can harm the game, rather than help it. DmC is an unfinished product, and advertising an unfinished product is like showing someone a half-finished puzzle. You have to complete it for it to look good...
word

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Yeah i remember the fight trailers in 2011 where the combat looked so Broken and we saw all those frame rate drops along with the annoying japanese speakers to hide it XD
that was unfinished XD

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
They inform, and tease but, no serious money is spent on adverts until the game is at least in the final stages of development. The project has a budget. An article in a magazine or an unfinished trailer at E3 are just to keep others up to date with the project and stay relevant in gamers minds. We've seen only two story and tone based trailers and several game-play demonstrations, but none were real complete advertisements of this game.

Oh,okay that makes sense.

ReRave

smug jerk
Yeah i remember the fight trailers in 2011 where the combat looked so Broken and we saw all those frame rate drops along with the annoying japanese speakers to hide it XD
that was unfinished XD
Obvious troll. You're getting worse, I think.

Top Bottom