• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Environment-Utilizing Boss Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldsickle

If there's anything lacking in DMC, it would be boss battles where you make use of nearby objects to help defeat the boss.

The only exception would be Nightmare, Doppelganger & The Savior.

Personally, I only like such battles if using nearby objects are either optional or somehow done in a way where it's fun and Stylish.

I wouldn't like to think that Dante or Nero wouldn't be able to defeat the bosses if there wasn't a nearby object or equipment they can make use of.

When you think about it, Dante would have been toast if there wasn't any restraining mechanism nearby when he's fighting Nightmare or a flashlight he can use when he's fighting Doppelganger...

Keaton

Premium
^I guess in that battle, the enviroment is your enemy ^^

It would be nice IMO to see more destructable objects in the battle field, so you can lure or force a boss to destory an object which harms itself in the process :D

aka958

Don't trust people
I would also like to see enviroments that's dangerous for you. With traps and that sort of things. When i played the game Soul Reaver (dunno if it was teh first or the second one). I remember a boss where you closed giant gates at and in the end you squashed it in the middle of the arena. That is something fun.
In Rayman 3 there was one boss battle in the desert against a big thing with a cool staff (don't remember it's name) anyways there was lava around the fight arena and that made it more fun, you could also climb on the arena wall (You jumped down the arena and you saw that it was a pillar coming out from the lava and you could climb on the pillars wall) and that was just awesome.

Goldsickle

Well, they used to have that giant hand that tries to grab you if you're too near to a sealed door.

I guess they took it out because it's more of an annoyance than a challenge.

Merciless

Sword Master
yeah this sounds like a great idea you could:

Push pillers on enemies
Throw spears/other objects
Hide?
Use items to make a chain attack (use items to get to a area and then you can do a special attack)

Like any of the ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom