• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

enemy hints, tips 'n' what-have-ya

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
just like to give a few tips for some enemies;)

with dante, fighting the gladius, basilisk and cutlass, shotgun is your friend;). it knocks gladius out of the sky, makes the basilisk fall over, and stops the cutlass in it's tracks. ssssso, 's all good:cool:

when fighting mephisto + faust with nero, keep using the grab. on human and devil hunter, the shield should come down in 2/3 grabs on mephisto, and 7/8 grabs on faust. then use whatever combos you want:$

when fighting mephisto and faust with dante, use pandora. switch to gunslinger and use OMEN (forward + B or triangle). it will take down their shields INSTANTLY (yes, including faust!)

the above technique also works for taking down the bianco and alto angelo's shields;)

have fun:D

FuumaMonou

pinky750;74484 said:
just like to give a few tips for some enemies;)

with dante, fighting the gladius, basilisk and cutlass, shotgun is your friend;). it knocks gladius out of the sky, makes the basilisk fall over, and stops the cutlass in it's tracks. ssssso, 's all good:cool:

when fighting mephisto + faust with nero, keep using the grab. on human and devil hunter, the shield should come down in 2/3 grabs on mephisto, and 7/8 grabs on faust. then use whatever combos you want:$

when fighting mephisto and faust with dante, use pandora. switch to gunslinger and use OMEN (forward + B or triangle). it will take down their shields INSTANTLY (yes, including faust!)

the above technique also works for taking down the bianco and alto angelo's shields;)

have fun:D

Now, when you mean INSTANTLY, does that matter how much you have on your Disaster Guage? Or can you have low or nothing on your Disaster Guage and it will still work?

By the way, to add onto what he said, using the Charge Shot 3 as Nero will take out shields a hell of a lot faster. Also, Buster them instead of grab when ever possible, takes a whole lot more shroud out (actually, my friend did not know you could Buster the Mephisto shroud until he beat th game for the first time).

With Dante, the Charge Shot Coyote-A in the air at close range can take out the shroud very quickly. I think only 3-4 shots for a Mephisto, and since you shoot faster in the air, it is easy.

Also, a basic thing that people might not know with Mephisto, is that after they release their finger or what ever and it gets stuck in the ground (it is one of their attacks), you can slash it for a pretty nice style boost.

I could give some tips for other stuff, but there is so many tips to be given. That's why I have been and am working on a complete Walkthrough/Strategy Guide for the game.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
FuumaMonou;74567 said:
Now, when you mean INSTANTLY, does that matter how much you have on your Disaster Guage? Or can you have low or nothing on your Disaster Guage and it will still work?

no, i don't think you have to have high disaster gauge. i never really think about the disaster gauge. the move just seems to work for me everytime;)

FuumaMonou;74567 said:
By the way, to add onto what he said, using the Charge Shot 3 as Nero will take out shields a hell of a lot faster. Also, Buster them instead of grab when ever possible, takes a whole lot more shroud out (actually, my friend did not know you could Buster the Mephisto shroud until he beat th game for the first time).

i recently discovered that charge shot 3 is more effective then what i said:p good tip.

and also being able to attack their laser after they attacked was something i recently found out:wacko: but i didn't realise it boosted stylish:$

Top Bottom