• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Enemies and Bosses Inspiration

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
I've just finished DmC (about frickin' time, I know, but I only bought it a couple of days ago), and I was surprised at the amount of enemies and boss fights that were inspired by other enemies and bosses from the original franchise. Here are a few off the top of my head:

-DmC Mundus is a mixture of DMC4 Savior (mostly) and DMC1 Mundus (the second fight, the one with the dragons)
-DmC Drearunner & Drekavac - DMC3 Hell Vanguard
-DmC Vergil - DMC3 Vergil (obviously)
-DmC Rage - DMC3/4 Frost & DMC4 Mephisto
-DmC Rage Spawn - DMC4 Basilisk

Have you noticed any other inspired enemies/bosses?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Just not as diversed or challenging.

Also is it due to the weakspot on their faces?
That too! Well, if you play it on Hell and Hell it gets a little unnerving at times. But nonetheless the boss fight isn't very challenging on any other difficulty.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That too! Well, if you play it on Hell and Hell it gets a little unnerving at times. But nonetheless the boss fight isn't very challenging on any other difficulty.

"Play it on a mode where you can die in one hit maybe then you'll find a challenge."

No sh*t. Even then I still beat him and the entire game on H&H mode, with and without the Super costume (which is broken beyond belief by the ways).

In DMC4 I have to yet to pass the Dante boss fight on H&H mode............the first one...........in the first mission. Man I suck.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
"Play it on a mode where you can die in one hit maybe then you'll find a challenge."

No sh*t. Even then I still beat him and the entire game on H&H mode, with and without the Super costume (which is broken beyond belief by the ways).

In DMC4 I have to yet to pass the Dante boss fight on H&H mode............the first one...........in the first mission. Man I suck.
I only managed to beat Dante on Hell and Hell mode, after literally eighty three tries. I'm still to afraid to go on any further than that. Dante by far is the hardest boss in the entire game.

Top Bottom