• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eagle eye :)

IncarnatedDemon

While playing Darksiders, i noticed something that was in DmC: VD boss battle.

WATCH the videos from the duration told for 10 secs only, and continue to next video.

watch from 1:35

watch from 2:05

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's what I mean. So they look similar, so what? Glowing falling objects during a boss fight has been around plenty of games before.

IncarnatedDemon

That's what I mean. So they look similar, so what? Glowing falling objects during a boss fight has been around plenty of games before.
Since you don't seem to understand things i will elaborate so that you can. I am saying that the boss attack idea comes from Uriel boss fight.

IncarnatedDemon

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying - the attack didn't originate from Uriel's battle, or from Darksiders. That type of attack has been around for a long time.
I never said the general idea of the attack originated from Uriel's battle. I am saying that HV boss battle attack originates from Uriel's battle.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So, you're trying to say that Vergil's Downfall stole something from Darksiders? That's quite a reach, considering Vergil's shooting of magic swords is a really big part of his repertoire, so of course he'd have similar attacks. And once again I say that dropping sword attacks aren't a new thing, totally not something Darksiders established.

We could also go on about all the different elements Darksiders crammed together from other games...

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
tumblr_mdlqdh3gGi1r6j62oo1_500.jpg

Reads right from left

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh, well pardon me for not putting up with asanine crap like this.

"Gaiz! Look where they got the idea for this attack! Totall from dis other gayum lawl!"

IncarnatedDemon

So, you're trying to say that Vergil's Downfall stole something from Darksiders? That's quite a reach, considering Vergil's shooting of magic swords is a really big part of his repertoire, so of course he'd have similar attacks. And once again I say that dropping sword attacks aren't a new thing, totally not something Darksiders established.

We could also go on about all the different elements Darksiders crammed together from other games...
I don't know why i bothered with you. From first post you had clearly a issue with this topic.

And it's best for me to not debate with likes of you, because not good will come of it.

To rest of you, enjoy the striking similarity.

And no, i never said dropping swords attacks is original. I merely pointed out that i believe downfall's dropping swords seems to come from Darksiders. That Darksiders made the developers think "Hey we could do such attack". Because as we all know developers are gamers as well.

But being a DmC defender, i am sure you will just go on usual defense and try to make me look stupid. Granted i haven't done myself justice, then again i regret replying to you as it wasn't my intention to begin with to discuss this.

And discussing with someone who so obviously is against everything you write even if there is valid points, is like talking to a wall.
Not that i have tried to go beyond the little we discuessed.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ir you wanted your intentions to be clear, you should have put more thought into the first post. How is anyone supposed to discern your intention when all you did was say "look what I found playing Darskiders" and then linking two videos. I even asked you what the point was, we know they're similar, so...what? Where did you want the discussion to go?

And I would have been more inclined to think you had different intentions if I didn't already know you as someone who doesn't care for DmC because of previous things you've said. And you didn't help your own topic by making it clear you weren't talking about anything akin to Vergil's Downfall taking an idea from Darksiders - especially not after literally saying...

I am saying that HV boss battle attack originates from Uriel's battle.

...when Hollow Vergil's boss battle attack clearly doesn't originate from Uriel's battle. It does however, originate from Vergil's own use of magic swords, ie, something in DmC, and probably not influenced heavily by something outside.

Again, if you didn't want someone to mistake the intention of your topic, then friggin' finish your thoughts instead of leaving the post an ambiguous comparison of two videos :/

IncarnatedDemon

Ir you wanted your intentions to be clear, you should have put more thought into the first post...
Yeah, well i thought it would be better to just show it. As i saidi didn't want to discuss it because you get trashed on this forum for saying anything bad about DmC.
When i discussed with you i never said once that Darksiders was being original, i merely said that i believed the idea of swords coming down came from Darksiders. Yet you go on about originality and so on.

I didn't put much thought into it because i wasn't really making a point. Just wanted to show how similar the boss attacks are. I don't think it's a coincedence and there is more i can tell about why i believe so, but like i said it's not worth it discussing such things on here.
I guess that is what lead me to not make a better post about it. Because you say one thing, and all of sudden it is blown out of proportion with people defending DmC all over place without thinking what the point is of the topic.
drawing straws around here, I see.

I'm done talking.

Terrutas

I guess that is what lead me to not make a better post about it. Because you say one thing, and all of sudden it is blown out of proportion with people defending DmC all over place without thinking what the point is of the topic.
Funny you should say that. The same exact thing happened yesterday in another thread.

I should sig that. :)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, well i thought it would be better to just show it.

If you want a discussion, you gotta be clear about it, man :/

As i saidi didn't want to discuss it because you get trashed on this forum for saying anything bad about DmC.

You don't get trashed if what you're saying actually has merit, and remember all the **** that DmC fans have had to go through, some people are still a little gun-shy.

When i discussed with you i never said once that Darksiders was being original, i merely said that i believed the idea of swords coming down came from Darksiders. Yet you go on about originality and so on.

Because you saying that DmC lifted it from Darksiders is akin to saying that they could have only gotten it from Darksiders. original or not, I was also stressing that the DmC version probably had nothing to do with inspiration from Darksiders.

I didn't put much thought into it because i wasn't really making a point. Just wanted to show how similar the boss attacks are. I don't think it's a coincedence and there is more i can tell about why i believe so, but like i said it's not worth it discussing such things on here.

Then it's your fault for being lazy and starting a thread you didn't establish what the actual topic was, which is why I was asking, "what's the point?" Then when you explained your point, I replied in disagreement.

AlchemistFromEden

Since you don't seem to understand things i will elaborate so that you can. I am saying that the boss attack idea comes from Uriel boss fight.
no it doesn't period, it does not originate from anything else, because that attack idea has existed long before the Uriel boss fight, darksiders had no affect on the development of dmc period, the developers didn't say "hey, there's this really cool attack in darksiders that the uriel boss uses, lets rip that and use it in our dlc," period and before you say"
i wasn't saying that bro stop trolling my thread all you people do is blow **** out of proportion
Just wanted to show how similar the boss attacks are. I don't think it's a coincedence(it's spelled coincidence btw >-_-)> yeah i went there and there is more i can tell about why i believe so, but like i said it's not worth it discussing such things on here.
its a take on vergil's heavy use of his summoned swords, to which darksiders has absolutely no affect on, its like saying that mundus' tower design is taken from panty and stocking with garterbelt because they look similar, no, its just a coincidence, and threads like these add absolutely nothing but irritation to people who have things with actual merit to say
tl:dr version
stop grasping at straws, its immature and annoying

WorkenOnMaLeft

Honestly both "things falling from the sky" and "move away from the highlighted circle/area" type of attacks in boss battles are as old as boss battles themselves. I would even go as far as saying that no game with boss battles doesn't have at least one of those attacks I mentioned.

Top Bottom