• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E&I Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

I think I've heard somewhere those portraits are souls on an angel and a demon encased on the guns...something like that.

A member here, Zato-OW, has read somewhere about that. He might be of help.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I've heard that they are supposedly Beatrice from the Divine Comedy and Eva/Trish from the game. But I really don't know about it.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I'm just posting to say I know absolutely nothing!

Just thought I would SPAM you.

Kidding, that would result in my immediate baning.

I heard the same thing as you, DA so It must come frum somewhere.

I think it is touched on in the manga..

Devil-Bringer

Well they could be people who brought Dante in when he was a kid when his mother was murderd by the demons another theory ^^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I personally thing they may actually not be of any significance to DMC story (after all even the name Tony Redgrave originally comes from the first attempt to make RE4 - which resulted in DMC1 - where "Tony Redgrave" was the main character's name), so the women could be just some reference. After all even Sparda's guns say "For Tony Redgrave etc" and as far as we know Sparda wasn't known as Tony so it clearly serves a reference purpose.

Sparda™

There is no proof that Sparda wasn't Tony, and that he was. But the guns Luce & Ombra say 'For Tony Redgrave', so that must mean something.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Dante Aseroth;125101 said:
There is no proof that Sparda wasn't Tony, and that he was. But the guns Luce & Ombra say 'For Tony Redgrave', so that must mean something.

I agree more with Tony_Redgrave Im betting it was just easier for capcom to use the models for E&I rather than design new guns for the sparda costume.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;125101 said:

I did not say anything about proof. I just say that as things stand now we do not know anything about it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom