• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Duodecim, Vaan vs Tifa and Laguna vs Lightning videos

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Ew Vaan? I knew about Laguna, and I'm shocked to be honest, cause I assumed Rinoa is a no brainer, but he is cool. However...VAAN!? Ugh I'm sick...

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;293368 said:
Ew Vaan? I knew about Laguna, and I'm shocked to be honest, cause I assumed Rinoa is a no brainer, but he is cool. However...VAAN!? Ugh I'm sick...

Say whatever you want, Vaan is BA imo. Everyone's hate on him made me like him.

Rinoa is actually not a no brainer, Laguna is the second protagonist after all. Plus he has a pretty wide fanbase, he would be good for a non romantic plot twist, and he has a playstyle varied from all others making it easier for Square to get his own style.

Laguna's playstyle is so damn awesome btw.

Still, if you don't like Vaan don't you think you got a punching bag then?

Esura

aka958;293370 said:
Say whatever you want, Vaan is BA imo. Everyone's hate on him made me like him.
I hated on him before others did. Although his lame appearance played a small part towards my negative appearance of him, ultimately it comes down to how freaking insignificant he is to the whole scheme of FFXII storyline. Hell, Zidane and Tidus look as lame as Vaan but they're much more of a compelling character to me than Vaan.

In depth discussion of my hate for Vaan so it doesn't seem like I'm trolling.

Rinoa is actually not a no brainer, Laguna is the second protagonist after all. Plus he has a pretty wide fanbase, he would be good for a non romantic plot twist, and he has a playstyle varied from all others making it easier for Square to get his own style.

Laguna's playstyle is so damn awesome btw.
Not that Laguna is a bad character, I found him interesting until a certain part of VIII's story. I dont mind playing with him as well. However, Rinoa is kind of a no brainer considering she is the main female lead and despite the manual stating Laguna and Squall to be of equal importance, Rinoa is even more importance than Laguna. Trust me on this one. No one actually expected Laguna to be picked. Numerous fan forums even assumed Seifer would be in it. However its no big deal though, its better than adding Seifer (I dislike Seifer btw).

Still, if you don't like Vaan don't you think you got a punching bag then?
Truth :p

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;293375 said:
I hated on him before others did. Although his lame appearance played a small part towards my negative appearance of him, ultimately it comes down to how freaking insignificant he is to the whole scheme of FFXII storyline. Hell, Zidane and Tidus look as lame as Vaan but they're much more of a compelling character to me than Vaan.

In depth discussion of my hate for Vaan so it doesn't seem like I'm trolling.

Not that Laguna is a bad character, I found him interesting until a certain part of VIII's story. I dont mind playing with him as well. However, Rinoa is kind of a no brainer considering she is the main female lead and despite the manual stating Laguna and Squall to be of equal importance, Rinoa is even more importance than Laguna. Trust me on this one. No one actually expected Laguna to be picked. Numerous fan forums even assumed Seifer would be in it. However its no big deal though, its better than adding Seifer (I dislike Seifer btw).

No trolling at all.

Well... Rinoa is special during a very romantic part of the plot, if she had nothing going on with Squall then she would lack much significance. From what I've seen through Dissidia is that SE wants to avoid romantic relations (pairing Terra with OK for example). Plus I've also seen that from the trailers they try to make the characters look different on others (Tifa not knowing who Cloud or Sephiroth is for example) so maybe they could expand her social connections with others in the Dissidia cast.

And I don't believe you. Many thought that Seifer or Rinoa would take the big performance of Duodecim but many wished for Laguna and thought his chances were slim so they just didn't mention it that much. Has been talked about alot in the GameFAQs forums for example.

Laguna was wished alot by many, he has a different playstyle, he would be good to make a plot twist due to his father relation with Squall without making a loving pair.

I actually didn't want either Seifer or Rinoa. I too wished for Laguna but thought he wouldn't come and BAM! Awesomeness appears using a mini-ragnarok as a friggin' weapon. That dude is wicked! O_O

Esura

aka958;293376 said:
No trolling at all.
:cool:

Well... Rinoa is special during a very romantic part of the plot, if she had nothing going on with Squall then she would lack much significance. From what I've seen through Dissidia is that SE wants to avoid romantic relations (pairing Terra with OK for example). Plus I've also seen that from the trailers they try to make the characters look different on others (Tifa not knowing who Cloud or Sephiroth is for example) so maybe they could expand her social connections with others in the Dissidia cast.
Laguna's primary importance is to serve as a backstory to Squall. Other than help them face Ultimecia, Laguna's importance to the main quest was very minimal. Most of Laguna's importance comes from how his actions affected Squall's life...and Rinoa's to a lesser degree. Rinoa's role goes beyond just a romance with Squall. She is a witch, and many plot points within the game seems to point at Rinoa and Ultimecia being one in the same although this is not confirmed. From what I heard, the story of FFVIII was changed a bit. It would explain why Ultimecia comes off as one dimensional as Necron and Zeromus. Well, my point was, Laguna was important to the lore (no pun intended) of the game, whereas Rinoa was more important to the current situation during the game.

And I don't believe you. Many thought that Seifer or Rinoa would take the big performance of Duodecim but many wished for Laguna and thought his chances were slim so they just didn't mention it that much. Has been talked about alot in the GameFAQs forums for example.
LOL....GameFAQS. I'm not sure about them, but NeoGaf and different Final Fantasy forums thought otherwise. You can go Google it if you want.

He would be good to make a plot twist due to his father relation with Squall without making a loving pair.
I agree with this.

I actually didn't want either Seifer or Rinoa. I too wished for Laguna but thought he wouldn't come and BAM! Awesomeness appears using a mini-ragnarok as a friggin' weapon. That dude is wicked! O_O
I seriously wanted Rinoa though. Need more female characters in the game man, cause I dont like Terra, Cloud of Darkness, and Ultimecia. Well, at least I have my baby Lightning.

Esura

aka958;293394 said:
Uhh... yeah... as a character I think the same. But I like the way Rinoa looks alot more. XD
I blame her English voice actor and certain...iffy mangas of her if you know what I mean ;)

Also, as a character, Yuna's importance in FFX is essentialy a main character. Not even just main female character...just main character like Tidus. If you played as Yuna instead of Tidus it wouldn't of made a difference. :lol: For Dissidia, they actually debated whether to put Tidus or Yuna in it from what I heard.

Top Bottom