• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon Age 2 Boycott Petition

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alright guys, this is going to sound ridiculous, but I'm going to try to lay this down as simply as possible to get my point across. Hopefully you understand my plight.

As you all know, the dragons are cast in an unfair, biased light that seems to make the humans wish the dragons were extinct. However, I think this is wholly uncalled for. Therefore, I'm creating this petition. I know it seems stupid, maybe even childish, but my connection to dragons is very strong, irrationally strong even. I not only cringed killing the High Dragons in the Dragon Age games, I had tears in my eyes. You don't have to listen to me. You don't have to sign this petition, you don't have to do anything here, I don't want you feeling obligated to help just because I'm your friend. I just want to get this down here.

I know in retrospect this won't cause nary but a dent in the sales, but I really hope that maybe you all can spread the word. Maybe my dream can be a reality, where the dragons don't have to be slaughtered in these games. I already have two friends supporting me, I only hope they make themselves known in this thread.

Well, I've gone on long enough. I'll leave you all to it. I'm sorry if I wasted your time.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Supporting friend here.

He raises a good point, guys. It is unfair that dragons are always the enemy in games. Dragon Age isn't the only one to do it, and we all know it.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Um...what the hell?

I'm not trying to be rude but...you do know that these are fictional creatures no?

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Actually, dragons really did roam the earth at one point. Yes, they really are extinct now, but they are not fictional. Besides, imagination can seem real enough to cause feelings.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um...what the hell?

I'm not trying to be rude but...you do know that these are fictional creatures no?

This is the kind of reply I expected, and honestly I understand that. But I've been "connected" to these creatures since I was a child.

I don't want this turning into a debate thread, though.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
This is the kind of reply I expected, and honestly I understand that. But I've been "connected" to these creatures since I was a child.

I don't want this turning into a debate thread, though.
:eek:

Oh no debate...

...carry on.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dawwww, DT!
I used to have a love for dragons when I was a kid, too. Given the dragons I knew of were kind-hearted intellectual beings, rather than the nasty mindless dragons that are depicted circling princesses trapped in towers.

I don't feel signing petitions to boycott any game is justifiable, though. Aside from the fact that I highly doubt a petition from x% of fans will damage the image or sales of the game by much, I don't agree with people making a ruckus over someone else's creative direction. If Vincent van Gogh had succumbed to the ridicule of the masses back in the day, he wouldn't be such a well known artist today, because he would have conformed to what everyone else wanted.

Gaming is different to art, but at the end of the day there is still a creative team working their butts off behind the scenes. It's not fair to expect them to change something to suit you.

With all that said, I do understand your plight. Dragons are often the enemy in fantasy tales. It's the stereotype. If you want to petition about something, rather have it be about the gaming company lacking creative drive than about a specific element of the game. People might take it more seriously if it's pointed out to them that there is room for improvement in a game that is being laid to waste.

Reactions: Meg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
With all that said, I do understand your plight. Dragons are often the enemy in fantasy tales. It's the stereotype. If you want to petition about something, rather have it be about the gaming company lacking creative drive than about a specific element of the game. People might take it more seriously if it's pointed out to them that there is room for improvement in a game that is being laid to waste.

You're probably right. Upon reading this and looking back at the game, I found more cliches than I can count with my fingers. That's... Pretty bad.

I apologize for creating a petition over such a childish reason though.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^No need to apologise!!!!
You're entitled to make any thread you want if you feel it's important to you. This is just my POV. I thought the whole thing to boycott DmC was ridiculous and pointless because it was more about the fans being disappointed in the whole concept than a game element that IS going to be the 'make-or-break' of the game overall. At least with Dragon Age 2 you have just about everyone in agreement with you that the game COULD have been better.

aka958

Don't trust people
You're probably right. Upon reading this and looking back at the game, I found more cliches than I can count with my fingers. That's... Pretty bad.

I apologize for creating a petition over such a childish reason though.

Maybe the clichés were intentional? Cliché doesn't automatically mean bad. .-.

I liked Dragon Age alot. Kinda rude boycotting it when many likes this way of interpretation of dragons. ;_;

Why not start a petition of a game where your dragons are treated the way you like instead?

Blitz

Heeeeey.
DT! That's really a good point. I've always wondered "WHY can't I just ride this thing instead killing it?".

>:3

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
DT: Have you ever played Golden Axe (originally on the Sega Genesis) They have little dragons and lizards that your player can ride on. Some attack with their tails others attack with fire balls.
I know one player can summon a fire dragon.
It's one of my fave games on the Genesis. A bit lame by today's standards maybe, but it keeps me entertained. :p

I'm surprised there aren't more games with dragons in.

Osaka

trollololol
Why not start a petition of a game where your dragons are treated the way you like instead?

I think Nintendo's missed a trick here by not releasing a Nintendragon game. I'm sure it would be a winner. Or maybe a Kinectimals dragon trainer? I dunno. :p

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
Hey they do have the game hoard where you play as the dragon in midevil times maybe that'll be different but there is also the thing that maybe dragons were like humans there were good and bad and both sides are justified with what they say and as everyone knows people always focus on the bad things that people or in this case dragons do or did and look at none of the highlights or accomplishments.

Top Bottom