• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Don't know if this has been posted but...Vergil vs. Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncarnatedDemon

this isn't 2001, the hack and slash genre has evolved to the point that cinematic gameplay is a very important factor, why do you think god of war 3 sold way more than bayonetta or and dmc4 combined?
First of all you misunderstood what i said. I suggested that Hack and Slash games in particular should have the option to toggle off the cinematic cutscenes so that they can go through story mode without cutscenes.

That is what i said.
And i dont give a **** about God of war sales.

I care more about the gameplay and the game options than the sales.
I am not Capcom.
I dont give a ****.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
OP is not going to have a good day when he sees this thread.
Unless we talk about Vergil and Mundus again.
One hand, Vergil has hair. On the other, Mundus doesn't.

Terrutas

this isn't 2001, the hack and slash genre has evolved to the point that cinematic gameplay is a very important factor, why do you think god of war 3 sold way more than bayonetta or and dmc4 combined?
Hack and Slash is a super wide genre in the first place, and different franchises have different appeals and different strengths/weakness(AKA: What is the basis for healthy competition). God of War is nothing like DMC, and comparing them in such a wide spectrum means you don't know the DMC franchise very well.

Also, http://puu.sh/2eEtY. Please refer to False Cause.

8BitHero

Scrub
Hack and Slash is a super wide genre in the first place, and different franchises have different appeals and different strengths/weakness(AKA: What is the basis for healthy competition). God of War is nothing like DMC, and comparing them in such a wide spectrum means you don't know the DMC franchise very well.

Also, http://puu.sh/2eEtY. Please refer to False Cause.
Oh damn that image is so effin' good. *Saved*

Both God of War and DMC are Hack 'n' Slash games but of a different type. In the same way CoD and Gears are shooters but for FPS and TPS. Slight variations keep them within the genre but a sub-genre.

As for on-topic. If you're going to put Vergil in Dantes story mode, maybe modding out colour coded enemies would be cool :D

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Now, I can understand if NT doesn't put Vergil into BP because of Capcom told them not to but I firmly believe that NT are more than capable to change some stuff in the codes to make BP for Vergil only. I mean, a modder could put Vergil against Mundus, it would be easy for NT with their program team.

Everyone is crying about the original poster, did anyone care to read the original post. He wasn't calming asking for Bloody Palace. This is not some thread worth saving. This thread needs to be closed.

Bloody Palace can be made by Ninja Theory or any decent developer in one goddamn week. The problem with the original post is that its acting like the reason we don't ahve Bloody Palace is because NT is incompetent and too lazy to code it in. This is stupid reasoning and doesn't understand the process by which an independent developer like Ninja Theory makes games for a publisher like Capcom. If you want to cry about something cry to Capcom. Because I"m 100% if Capcom asked Ninja Theory to create a vergil bloody palace then they would do it. They're not just going to make it without capcom's approval that would be stupid and a poor use of their resources.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Tell me:
Ninja theory said the essence of DMC is the gameplay. And they wanted this to remain.

Why is it then not lazy that Bloody Palace for Dante (at least) isn't set up so Vergil can be played with it?
It's lazy.

Who's being lazy however is the question:
Capcom or NT.

I'm pointing my finger at Capcom. They are in charge, NT is just the developing company.

Let me repeat it again: The essence of DMC is the gameplay. And if you create a game where the fans say "Why can't we play BP with Vergil?"
Then you have failed your job. WHO "You" is up to you to decided.
DmC is Capcom's product, and by product i dont mean that they simply own the rights:
They ensured that the gameplay that DMC is known for that DmC incorporated was made.
+ they helped with supervision and gameplay.

So CAPCOM is being ****en lazy.
And anyone stating that they aren't have low standards.
You can use the card called "But this is not DMC, this is DmC", but that would devalue DmC as a game because your then saying "This game is allowed to have less standards or not have things from DMC".

Sam/Raiden dialogue:
Sam: Open your eyes Raiden.
Raiden: I've seen enough.
Sam: THEN LISTEN?!! DO YOUR THEM? THE VOICES that the nano machines supress? What are they saying RAIDEN. TELL ME!

Raiden: Alright STOP IT! They are saying....they want Bloody Palace for Vergil.
That's pretty much sums it up. I am sure that NT could easily do some coding and make Vergil playable in BP or make his own individual BP but doing that takes time and people to do the work and that takes money, money they need to get from Capcom to pay their workers for their hard work. Money that Capcom has not decided to pay them because they are not wanting to make BP for Vergil or any dlc at least for now.

I would not be surprised if it had more to do with Capcom having a wait and see attitude with this dlc to see how fans like it, and so far it has been pretty well received. So perhaps maybe us fans should, idk, wait a week or two, or even heaven forbid, three to let them actually make some decisions about what comes next for DmC if anything comes at all. before we start bitching about what we want and what we did not get. Lets not be entitle gamers who only know how to complain. Not saying Capcom is super great or defending it, but they did just release dlc for this 4 days ago...

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Why is anyone even bothering to argue about this anymore. I read all three pages of this to see if anyone posted anything that had to do with actually putting Vergil into the other parts of the game but I have barely seen any. I am currently working on putting him in Dante's missions and these videos are awesome for me to see since I know others are trying to do the same thing. All I need to do now is figure out how to alter the colored enemies and figure out if his angel and demon stances work vs them in the first place. Also think about it, if we can change it so Vergil can bypass the color coding(if we even need to) then that means we can for Dante and I think that would make for some pretty interesting playthroughs.

The same guy madea video of Vergil fighting Mundus's Child too. It's also interesting, it seems like when he activates his DG the world gets all bright like it does when Dante uses his DT.

IncarnatedDemon

That's pretty much sums it up. I am sure that NT could easily do some coding and make Vergil playable in BP or make his own individual BP but doing that takes time and people to do the work and that takes money, money they need to get from Capcom to pay their workers for their hard work. Money that Capcom has not decided to pay them because they are not wanting to make BP for Vergil or any dlc at least for now.

I would not be surprised if it had more to do with Capcom having a wait and see attitude with this dlc to see how fans like it, and so far it has been pretty well received. So perhaps maybe us fans should, idk, wait a week or two, or even heaven forbid, three to let them actually make some decisions about what comes next for DmC if anything comes at all. before we start bitching about what we want and what we did not get. Lets not be entitle gamers who only know how to complain. Not saying Capcom is super great or defending it, but they did just release dlc for this 4 days ago...
Even if NT was to try release a update on their own, they still would need permission from Capcom. But it depends really, perhaps Capcom says "Ok, go ahead and release a free update, but remember if it backfires or something happens you will be held responsible".

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
And, just to make myself clear, I'm trying for you to understand that its not up to them to decide what future content updates DmC can and will have, they are a developer hired by capcom. So unless Capcom tells them hey, we'd like to do another dlc or update for DmC where Vergil is in bloody palace mode, they can't or won't release it. So, yes while it may seem easy to just paste him in there half assed like those videos, its not up to the developer whether this will be done officially.

Now, if capcom told them to do it, and then they were unable to deliver, and we got a press release from capcom saying we have fired Ninja theory as developers, because they were unable to deliver us a bloody palace for vergil after we had paid them and instructed them to do so. Your argument would actually have some merit.
Perhaps you don't understand my plight. Though, someone who is eagerly quick to jump at the chance to bludgeon someone with their ideals is hardly able to give someone like me a chance to explain, so let me explain. Capcom and NT are both to blame with how the development of this game was handled, though if NT was less busy with making white wigs fall on dante's head and trying to poke at trolls on internet message boards, maybe the product would have been a bit different. Capcom will definitely not give a flying **** about anything that is included in this game. For all we know, Vergil could very well be another DLC that that cashcom wants us to pay up for and doesn't want him to be unlocked.

After all, I hardly doubt it was entirely their idea to put classic Dante in DmC especially after the whole wig fiasco. So let me put this all into a simplification of my simplification. If NT can put Vergil into BP than capcom should be jumping at that chance for anyone to buy the ability to play as him in BP. So this means that NT probably didn't put it in at all.

Perhaps you don't understand my plight. Though, someone who is eagerly quick to jump at the chance to bludgeon someone with their ideals is hardly able to give someone like me a chance to explain, so let me explain. Capcom and NT are both to blame with how the development of this game was handled, though if NT was less busy with making white wigs fall on dante's head and trying to poke at trolls on internet message boards, maybe the product would have been a bit different. Capcom will definitely not give a flying **** about anything that is included in this game. For all we know, Vergil could very well be another DLC that that cashcom wants us to pay up for and doesn't want him to be unlocked.

Thanks fo revealing your true colors troll. Oh look, the people who like your post are let me guess, multibro, Terrutas, and Martius, the resident trolls of this forum. Can't wait till this thread gets closed down. Say hi to my ignore list. I don't have time for this nonsense.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Thanks fo revealing your true colors troll. Oh look, the people who like your post are let me guess, multibro, Terrutas, and Martius, the resident trolls of this forum. Can't wait till this thread gets closed down. Say hi to my ignore list. I don't have time for this nonsense.
You are quite fast to call people trolls when they don't agree with you. Neat argument there buddy.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
Yes, because someone that is like minded as myself is obviously a troll. Everyone on here can attest to the fact that I have nothing but supported this game since I got here, which obviously gives me more reason to troll correct? Ever since the DLC fiasco I have not been up in arms but instead doubtful with the way things were handled in it's entirety when it comes to DmC.

Basically it made me see what I wasn't seeing before. That it is not NT's fault completely, but they are not innocent. It's never good to "Feed the trolls" one might say and perhaps I am being a hypocrite in doing so right now. But nevertheless, NT's head honcho Tameem fed the trolls and egged them on. While the trolls were wrong in how far they took things and the things they complained about for the most part (in my mind), Tameem stooped to their level while he could have been more focused on making this game a shining example instead of inducing more anger with that wig scene. It was bad taste to say the least.

Does this mean I don't support NT? Does this mean I am against Capcom? absolutely not. I still support them. However I feel it is in good taste to display my opinion that if NT cannot put something that basically every fan of DmC would want in the game (it's fairly obvious they would) then they should have. If they did this, Capcom would have no-doubt teased DLC featuring Vergil in BP by now. Why? because capcom is a company that would have day-one dlc for almost every game they release if they had their way and charge 10 dollars for it, or even jump at the chance of having online passes if it were possible. So think not of me as a brainless sheep that mindlessly follows who I support, no, think of me as a guy who recognizes the faults of who he supports and will point them out if he doesn't like them.

So, if I came across as an asshat before, I apologize. But I don't take kindly to unnecessary degrading posts towards my own. This could have been avoided if things were handled in a more civil manner.

AlchemistFromEden

After all, I hardly doubt it was entirely their idea to put classic Dante in DmC especially after the whole wig fiasco. So let me put this all into a simplification of my simplification. If NT can put Vergil into BP than capcom should be jumping at that chance for anyone to buy the ability to play as him in BP. So this means that NT probably didn't put it in at all.
if you seriously think the white wig fmv and interviews got in the way of the development of this game then i feel sorry for you as an individual because you don't know the way the world works, seriously, people wake up, capcom is not one entity composed of greed, its a group of people, there are hundreds of decisions to be made, same thing with NT, when you people actually get executive jobs then maybe you can try to attempt to discuss completely why this wasn't added in for whatever reason but the honest cold FACT of the matter is that NONE OF YOU KNOW WHY IT WASN'T PUT IN, so you have no right to call NT lazy, or say that capcom was greedy with this game because they obviously weren't since they could've told people to pay for tons of dlc, but no, this gam only has TWO dlc packs, compare that amont to re6, obviously good things are happening at the capcom studio but no no let's delude ourselves into thinking business decisions are made by one entity -__-

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Some do tend to take the white wig gag a little too seriously. Yes, it wasn't executed very smartly, but it was simply a cheeky dig at those who dismissed the game purely for the lack of a white haired protagonist, not those who simply weren't impressed by the game as a whole.

AlchemistFromEden

Some do tend to take the white wig gag a little too seriously. Yes, it wasn't executed very smartly, but it was simply a cheeky dig at those who dismissed the game purely for the lack of a white haired protagonist, not those who simply weren't impressed by the game as a whole.
oh look, someone who understands a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom