• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Don't know if this has been posted but...Vergil vs. Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Mods just close this thread. It's another attempt to be a thread full of nonsense that drowns out real gameplay discussion.

Martius and his ilk think they're clever in how they're doing this, but their methods are so obvious. He knows most people don't read all the comments in a thread. So, by constantly pushing this up with bs cries for real discussion he is bumping an original post that is full of poorly thought out DmC bashing.

Why not start by looking for a discussion about gameplay in a thread that isn't originally about some bs about how ninja theory must be lazy and ****ty because they haven't just copy pasted vergil into bloody palace. This is not the thread to suddenly start asking for real gameplay discussion (although, I'm not sure how discussing ninja theory's inability to fix balance issues even constitutes as much).

Terrutas

"i know allready that balance issues are way too hard for Ninja Theory" THIS IS NOT HOW YOU HAVE A DISCUSSION,seriously, that's all you do, you passively aggressively troll every thread whether or not its positive or negative, and then when people call you out on it, your reply usually devolves into something like this
"oh i'm just trying to have a discussion"
because that statement was definitely not immature and definitely not an attempt to once again cause disdain in the thread, you must be really unhappy with your life if one of the things that make you happy is hoping that HUNDREDS of people will lose their jobs because their great game that they worked on for three years didn't sell as well that as it could of if the majority of gamers didn't feel like they are entitled to get 10/10 games with every new game release -_-
If he says something that contradicts what you think or defies our overlords Ninja Theory and DmC, he's OBVIOUSLY passive-aggresively trolling, oh man why did I like his posts

Martius

SSSmokin!
Again, i am just stating my opinion. If AlchemistFromEden think i am wrong some arguments for that would be nice. Calling me a troll is not a argument.

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpeg

And I REALLY want Vergil on BP then for the love of god... pls NT DO IT. ;-;

AlchemistFromEden

going by the logic of this thread, EVERY developer is lazy for not having other playable characters coded to play through entire campaigns, that's all i'm saying, guess capcom is lazy because they didn't do this
guess bungie was lazy with halo reach because they didn't make this happen
hand the halo franchise to that guy because he obviously has the expertise needed
guess besthesda and crytek are lazy too because graphics mods are a thing and oblivion should've looked like this in 06 despite besthesda not being used to next gen technology
skyrim should've been made by that guy, right martius? because back then besthesda didn't have the expertise at that time and obviously modders know how to make entire 100hr games

IncarnatedDemon

Tell me:
Ninja theory said the essence of DMC is the gameplay. And they wanted this to remain.

Why is it then not lazy that Bloody Palace for Dante (at least) isn't set up so Vergil can be played with it?
It's lazy.

Who's being lazy however is the question:
Capcom or NT.

I'm pointing my finger at Capcom. They are in charge, NT is just the developing company.

Let me repeat it again: The essence of DMC is the gameplay. And if you create a game where the fans say "Why can't we play BP with Vergil?"
Then you have failed your job. WHO "You" is up to you to decided.
DmC is Capcom's product, and by product i dont mean that they simply own the rights:
They ensured that the gameplay that DMC is known for that DmC incorporated was made.
+ they helped with supervision and gameplay.

So CAPCOM is being ****en lazy.
And anyone stating that they aren't have low standards.
You can use the card called "But this is not DMC, this is DmC", but that would devalue DmC as a game because your then saying "This game is allowed to have less standards or not have things from DMC".

Sam/Raiden dialogue:
Sam: Open your eyes Raiden.
Raiden: I've seen enough.
Sam: THEN LISTEN?!! DO YOUR THEM? THE VOICES that the nano machines supress? What are they saying RAIDEN. TELL ME!

Raiden: Alright STOP IT! They are saying....they want Bloody Palace for Vergil.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Tell me:
Ninja theory said the essence of DMC is the gameplay. And they wanted this to remain.

Why is it then not lazy that Bloody Palace for Dante (at least) isn't set up so Vergil can be played with it?
It's lazy.

Who's being lazy however is the question:
Capcom or NT.

I'm pointing my finger at Capcom. They are in charge, NT is just the developing company.

Let me repeat it again: The essence of DMC is the gameplay. And if you create a game where the fans say "Why can't we play BP with Vergil?"
Then you have failed your job. WHO "You" is up to you to decided.
DmC is Capcom's product, and by product i dont mean that they simply own the rights:
They ensured that the gameplay that DMC is known for that DmC incorporated was made.
+ they helped with supervision and gameplay.

You can use the card called "But this is not DMC, this is DmC", but that would devalue DmC as a game because your then saying "This game is allowed to have less standards or not have things from DMC".

Sam/Raiden dialogue:
Sam: Open your eyes Raiden.
Raiden: I've seen enough.
Sam: THEN LISTEN?!! DO YOUR THEM? THE VOICES that the nano machines supress? What are they saying RAIDEN. TELL ME!

Raiden: Alright STOP IT! They are saying....they want Bloody Palace for Vergil.
What are talking about? You're complaining about Capcom and then you switch to some weird conversation that has Raiden in it? lol what is this?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
tookmeagestotalllyworthit_fab9e21e1e69615e3eab4e01d3fbaaec_zps33a419f9.gif
It's getting off topic again, welp I'm leaving.
Also, IncarnatedDemon, you are sort of right. There are a few flaws though: 1. They would have to make Vergil his own unique BP. 2. Color Coded enemies. 3. Dante cutscenes in boss fights.
It's not that they are lazy, (well maybe.) It's because they are still trying to figure it out. revamp vergil's BP. With Wisps, no color coded, etc.
Anyways, I'm out

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Also, IncarnatedDemon, you are sort of right. There are a few flaws though: 1. They would have to make Vergil his own unique BP. 2. Color Coded enemies. 3. Dante cutscenes in boss fights.
It's not that they are lazy, (well maybe.) It's because they are still trying to figure it out. revamp vergil's BP. With Wisps, no color coded, etc.
Anyways, I'm out
Those Wisp demons look pretty sweet.

IncarnatedDemon

Anyways, I'm out
As Gbraga said, which i respected:
If they made a BP exclusive to Vergil only, in other words Vergil's BP. Then i think it would be ok to sell this BP for 3 dollars. But i think it's very lazy to not let people play Dante's BP with Vergil. Or have that alternative availble to them for Vergil playthrough without paying for Vergil's BP.

Who knows what Capcom has in their hands. Capcom are like snakes, you can't trust them. Infact i have theories that they INTENTIONALLY would create Vergil's BP (not confuse with Dante's BP), only to say "Look we're going out of our way to make this for you guys"!. While reality could be that early on in DmC development starting phase they had planned this "We'll make this content and give this for free as well to get PR points".

Similar to EA, who made a video about LGBT in their games with title "Hate is not a game", where they were OBVIOUSLY humping the legs of LGBTs to gain positive PR. Luckily that backfired and many intelligent people realized this.

Like i have expressed, Dante's BP being free or a dlc is in my opinion absurd. And that goes to show you that they use these things to get poisitive PR. Like seriously any games that affiliates itself with DMC or tries to say it will be as good or better, BETTER HAVE BP.

Capcom: "We're gonna make a game that will be as good as past DMC, but it will also at same time have emphasize on the story":
Me: Great :)
Capcom: and you get Bloody Palace DLC for free.
Me: wait what?..... Were you even thinking of selling it as DLC?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As Gbraga said, which i respected:
If they made a BP exclusive to Vergil only, in other words Vergil's BP. Then i think it would be ok to sell this BP for 3 dollars. But i think it's very lazy to not let people play Dante's BP with Vergil. Or have that alternative availble to them for Vergil playthrough without paying for Vergil's BP.

Who knows what Capcom has in their hands. Capcom are like snakes, you can't trust them. Infact i have theories that they INTENTIONALLY would create Vergil's BP (not confuse with Dante's BP), only to say "Look we're going out of our way to make this for you guys"!. While reality could be that early on in DmC development starting phase they had planned this "We'll make this content and give this for free as well to get PR points".

Similar to EA, who made a video about LGBT in their games with title "Hate is not a game", where they were OBVIOUSLY humping the legs of LGBTs to gain positive PR. Luckily that backfired and many intelligent people realized this.

Like i have expressed, Dante's BP being free or a dlc is in my opinion absurd. And that goes to show you that they use these things to get poisitive PR. Like seriously any games that affiliates itself with DMC or tries to say it will be as good or better, BETTER HAVE BP.

Capcom: "We're gonna make a game that will be as good as past DMC, but it will also at same time have emphasize on the story":
Me: Great :)
Capcom: and you get Bloody Palace DLC for free.
Me: wait what?..... Were you even thinking of selling it as DLC?
So you're upset because they didn't make you pay for it? Are you serious?

8BitHero

Scrub
Not necessarily. Sometimes bring a new system to an existing franchise is better than what the previous games offered. When I say "But this is not DMC, this is DmC" I mean, just because it doesn't have prop shredder doesn't make it bad, because in return we have Angel Spin(whatever it's called). It's not lowering the standards but viewing them from a different angle and therefore, not being bad.

If we're talking about glitches to which I replied with "But this is not DMC, this is DmC" then yes. That would be saying "lower your standards of gaming and accept what it is". But for most of the complaints of DmC it generally is "But this is not DMC, this is DmC" due to Dantes personality, nature of the game, game design, clothes etc etc. See?

As for Vergil not being in BP. Why? He should be playable in BP and as Martius said, just like in DMC3SE they could edit out the cutscenes. I didn't mind it in DMC3SE. But even still, I really don't care about going through Dantes story again.

IncarnatedDemon

Not necessarily. Sometimes bring a new system to an existing franchise is better than what the previous games offered. When I say "But this is not DMC, this is DmC" I mean, just because it doesn't have prop shredder doesn't make it bad, because in return we have Angel Spin(whatever it's called). It's not lowering the standards but viewing them from a different angle and therefore, not being bad.

If we're talking about glitches to which I replied with "But this is not DMC, this is DmC" then yes. That would be saying "lower your standards of gaming and accept what it is". But for most of the complaints of DmC it generally is "But this is not DMC, this is DmC" due to Dantes personality, nature of the game, game design, clothes etc etc. See?

As for Vergil not being in BP. Why? He should be playable in BP and as Martius said, just like in DMC3SE they could edit out the cutscenes. I didn't mind it in DMC3SE. But even still, I really don't care about going through Dantes story again.
I was talking about BP only. So when i talk about BP, i dont necessarily have same thoughts on something small like a attack for example. And i've said Vergil should be playable in "Dante's BP" (if Gbraga's wish of a Vergil exclusive BP dlc happens).

And more important in gaming (espcially hack and slash) i wish there was a "Turn off cutscenes", then storymode could in a way work as Bloody Palace or something like it. Though i love the wide and round area of Bloody Palace though (easier to see tooo).

So you're upset because they didn't make you pay for it? Are you serious?
Read before you write...

AlchemistFromEden

I was talking about BP only. So when i talk about BP, i dont necessarily have same thoughts on something small like a attack for example. And i've said Vergil should be playable in "Dante's BP" (if Gbraga's wish of a Vergil exclusive BP dlc happens).

And more important in gaming (espcially hack and slash) i wish there was a "Turn off cutscenes", then storymode could in a way work as Bloody Palace or something like it. Though i love the wide and round area of Bloody Palace though (easier to see tooo).

Read before you write...
this isn't 2001, the hack and slash genre has evolved to the point that cinematic gameplay is a very important factor, why do you think god of war 3 sold way more than bayonetta or and dmc4 combined?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Read before you write...
I did read it and it doesn't make sense. You're still finding some way to complain about free DLC which is stupid. People wanted Bloody Palace and they gave it to them free of charge. I don't see any harm in that whatsoever. I don't even want to toss $3 at BP mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom