• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Don't know if this has been posted but...Vergil vs. Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!

This right here proves that Vergil can be put in Bloody Palace, and from one of the comments it seems it could be pretty easy (if you have the same skills and know-how of this modder) so not having him in BP is, well....really lame and lazy of NT and capcom. While they can't put him in the main game (too many weapon specific elements), they could definitely and easily put him in BP.

Unless the likes of this modder are far more advanced than the developers responsible for releasing this game in terms of skill. If that is the case, they should hand the development for future DmC titles to a better developer all together.

Martius

SSSmokin!
I posted that video in another topic. I dont think putting Vergil in main game would be issue.
Here cutscene is kinda broken because there is not Dante, only his sword. That could be solved by removing most of cutscenes while playing Vergil just like DMC3SE.

Yeah they're so lazy its completely up to Ninja Theory to decide what they can or cannot publish for the game. God. Yeah, just because they didn't put him in bloody palace, they must be terrible developers, and Capcom should let modders make future DmC titles for free in their own spare time. Hey, can you tell me again about all the hack and slash games that are awesome made by modders?

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
Yeah they're so lazy its completely up to Ninja Theory to decide what they can or cannot publish for the game. God. Yeah, just because they didn't put him in bloody palace, they must be terrible developers, and Capcom should let modders make future DmC titles for free in their own spare time. Hey, can you tell me again about all the hack and slash games that are awesome made by modders.

And stop supporting that pirate, he obviously didn't even buy the game.
Who ever said I'm supporting piracy? no way in hell.

I think you might have woken up on the wrong side of the typewriter so let me explain a little behind my post. As far as I have heard from some posts I can't find at this moment on capcom-unity, there will not be a vergil in Bloody Palace. If there will be it won't be for a long time. That's the thing, if a modder can put vergil in BP, why can't they? Why did they deprive us of that? tell me, would you dislike it if Vergil was in BP?

I don't think you can honestly tell me no. If they are unable to put him in or don't know how, then they should just throw in the towel because so far, releases for this game has been less than satisfactory and the development should not be so as well. I have a strong feeling that since VD has been released they will discard this game like an old rag and not listen to what the fans want. And one of the biggest things now that VD has been released is either DmC2 or Vergil in Bloody Palace or costumes for Vergil (which is like asking for the sky to rain diamonds I feel).

Also, modders have no paycheck for what they do, they are driven to put things that other fans want into the game. Developers have an even greater motivation and they are even more skilled than modders because they made the game themselves. Putting in Vergil for BP would be alot easier for them I would guess.

Also I never called them terrible Developers. I said that if they can't do what a modder can do then they probably shouldn't be working on future games under DmC. This goes for every developer for any game. That doesn't go for if they don't want to do it, but if they can't do it period.

just trying to make myself clear.

And, just to make myself clear, I'm trying for you to understand that its not up to them to decide what future content updates DmC can and will have, they are a developer hired by capcom. So unless Capcom tells them hey, we'd like to do another dlc or update for DmC where Vergil is in bloody palace mode, they can't or won't release it. So, yes while it may seem easy to just paste him in there half assed like those videos, its not up to the developer whether this will be done officially.

Now, if capcom told them to do it, and then they were unable to deliver, and we got a press release from capcom saying we have fired Ninja theory as developers, because they were unable to deliver us a bloody palace for vergil after we had paid them and instructed them to do so. Your argument would actually have some merit.

AlchemistFromEden

Who ever said I'm supporting piracy? no way in hell.

I think you might have woken up on the wrong side of the typewriter so let me explain a little behind my post. As far as I have heard from some posts I can't find at this moment on capcom-unity, there will not be a vergil in Bloody Palace. If there will be it won't be for a long time. That's the thing, if a modder can put vergil in BP, why can't they? Why did they deprive us of that? tell me, would you dislike it if Vergil was in BP?

I don't think you can honestly tell me no. If they are unable to put him in or don't know how, then they should just throw in the towel because so far, releases for this game has been less than satisfactory and the development should not be so as well. I have a strong feeling that since VD has been released they will discard this game like an old rag and not listen to what the fans want. And one of the biggest things now that VD has been released is either DmC2 or Vergil in Bloody Palace or costumes for Vergil (which is like asking for the sky to rain diamonds I feel).

Also, modders have no paycheck for what they do, they are driven to put things that other fans want into the game. Developers have an even greater motivation and they are even more skilled than modders because they made the game themselves. Putting in Vergil for BP would be alot easier for them I would guess.

Also I never called them terrible Developers. I said that if they can't do what a modder can do then they probably shouldn't be working on future games under DmC. This goes for every developer for any game. That doesn't go for if they don't want to do it, but if they can't do it period.

just trying to make myself clear.
going by your logic NO developer should EVER make a future game, -__- besthesda didn't focus on graphics for skyrim and modders made better graphics so OBVIOUSLY the ****ing modders are more qualified to build AN ENTIRE GAME right -_-

and yes let's just put vergil everywhere in the game, not like there are specific things made for dante right? and not like they'd have to code the game so that it has literally no enemies, and not to mention that they'd have to change the coding for a lot of things like hit markers but no no, let's just keep living in a delusional world where modders can do anything and everything and that developers that work their asses off to deliver quality content are lazy because a modder has too much free time

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Okay folks lets cool this down a little bit before it becomes something ugly. OpressedWriter is correct, NT has no say in a Vergil BP or more dlc, if they did I am sure they could do an excellent job at implementing that as a Vergil BP would be pretty easy to pull off, but at the end of the day it's not their choice at all, it all depends on Capcom. It's easy to **** on NT for it but we have to look at who really runs the show and start asking them to do this instead of pretending like NT is just lazy or stupid.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Vergil have devil and angel stance too. I dont see a reason why that should not work for color coded enemies.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Vergil have devil and angel stance too. I dont see a reason why that should not work for color coded enemies.
The witch's shield is unaffected by vergil's angel stance attacks. Furthermore, Vergil does not have ground combos for his angel stance and one would have to spam rapid slash or that spinny move, both which does little damage, to kill grounded enemies.

Ugh, the last comment, you just had to take it there, let me guess its a joke, you just can't help yourself, it must be a by product of being a troll.

Jerry Wirerammer

The witch's shield is unaffected by vergil's angel stance attacks. Furthermore, Vergil does not have ground combos for his angel stance and one would have to spam rapid slash or that spinny move, both which does little damage, to kill grounded enemies.
I have no idea about coding, so this is a genuine question, but how difficult would it be to "turn off" the stance restrictions on the coloured enemies? Has it already been done on PC by modders?

Would be interesting to see how it played without the restrictions.

AlchemistFromEden

I am so sorry for trying to have a debate. I cant read in people minds like you, my magic glass ball still needs repair. Ciao!
"i know allready that balance issues are way too hard for Ninja Theory" THIS IS NOT HOW YOU HAVE A DISCUSSION,seriously, that's all you do, you passively aggressively troll every thread whether or not its positive or negative, and then when people call you out on it, your reply usually devolves into something like this
"oh i'm just trying to have a discussion"
because that statement was definitely not immature and definitely not an attempt to once again cause disdain in the thread, you must be really unhappy with your life if one of the things that make you happy is hoping that HUNDREDS of people will lose their jobs because their great game that they worked on for three years didn't sell as well that as it could of if the majority of gamers didn't feel like they are entitled to get 10/10 games with every new game release -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom