• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does Mundus have a successor?

CarmineTheEnigma

I started thinking about this a while back. Dante defeats Mundus at the end of DMC1. Mundus is the king of the demon world a.k.a Hell. If he's dead, doesn't someone have to take his place? (This could be the perfect plot for DMC5)

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Berial is apparently his son.

The Art of Devil May Cry 4 (2008), pp. 33, Berial:
"Wrapped in flames, the Demon Berial was born and raised in The Underworld, a land known for its barbarity. As prince to the Demon Emperor, who has been sealed away, Berial faced ruling The Underworld alone."

Also, didn't Dante simply seal Mundus away again, or?

CarmineTheEnigma

Berial is apparently his son or something... I think...

(it wasn't said in the game, I think it was the novel or whatever)

Also, didn't Dante simply seal him away again, not actually kill him?
I don't fully remember, It's been awhile.
Berial is apparently his son.

The Art of Devil May Cry 4 (2008), pp. 33, Berial:
"Wrapped in flames, the Demon Berial was born and raised in The Underworld, a land known for its barbarity. As prince to the Demon Emperor, who has been sealed away, Berial faced ruling The Underworld alone."

I haven't played the 4th one, but okay. The more you know xD
Still wouldn't the demon world be in like some kind of chaos without a ruler?

CarmineTheEnigma

It's always been in chaos. lol

Though I assume that it's pretty much the most powerful demons fighting one another to usurp to power atm.
True.
It's been like a couple years between DMC1 and 4 though so maybe there could be someone else?
Also don't Dante and Nero defeat Berial at different points of the game? I've seen some gameplay vids.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Dante kills Berial, actually. lol

So pretty much there is no longer any sort of ruler-ship over the demon world atm until Mundus returns/someone usurps to power.

Last edited:

CarmineTheEnigma

Dante kills Berial, actually. lol So pretty much there is no longer any sort of ruler-ship over the demon world atm until Mundus returns/someone usurps to power.

(kinda) PLOT TWIST: Vergil lol
Also there's that abomination of a final boss in DMC2. The Despair Embodied?

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
(kinda) PLOT TWIST: Vergil lol
Also there's that abomination of a final boss in DMC2. The Despair Embodied?

Only in DmC. :wink:

I always liked to think of Argosax as the previous ruler of hell before Mundus.

Like, I know that's never stated, but that's just one of my headcanons.
Mundus apparently rose to power in the demon world, so there could have been a ruler before him.

I just like to think of Argosax as that ruler, makes him a bit more interesting than what he was in-game.

Devil Player

Well, Mundus wasn't killed by Dante in DMC 1.

Dante just sealed him, just like Sparda did it 2000 years ago. Besides, Mundus said he would return again...That's why Dante made a snide remark by telling Mundus to give his regards to Dante's son. It's a joke, where Dante knows Mundus will only be able to come back in the next 2000 years. :)

Mundus is the Dark Emperor, I think nobody is stronger than him.

However, it seems that DmC Mundus got killed for real, unlike his DMC classic one.

CarmineTheEnigma

Only in DmC. :wink:

I always liked to think of Argosax as the previous ruler of hell before Mundus.

Like, I know that's never stated, but that's just one of my headcanons.
Mundus apparently rose to power in the demon world, so there could have been a ruler before him.

I just like to think of Argosax as that ruler, makes him a bit more interesting than what he was in-game.

Makes sense. Oh well, they never really went in depth with the games lore, which sucks because it's actually very interesting. :happy:

Well, Mundus wasn't killed by Dante in DMC 1.

Dante just sealed him, just like Sparda did it 2000 years ago. Besides, Mundus said he would return again...That's why Dante made a snide remark by telling Mundus to give his regards to Dante's son. It's a joke, where Dante knows Mundus will only be able to come back in the next 2000 years. :)

Mundus is the Dark Emperor, I think nobody is stronger than him.

However, it seems that DmC Mundus got killed for real, unlike his DMC classic one.

Oh yeah, now I remember that cx
Yeah, he's gone now DmC Vergil is the new ruler.

Last edited by a moderator:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
it'll be told in DmC 2, be patient, his successor will be this uber looking cool vicious cold dude dresses in long black coat, with a hair like Riddick's Vaako, slightly younger than Dante, his weapon wil be blah blah blah *fanficting

Top Bottom