• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

does any one like nero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compent

epic win
i dont (kinda)his a rip off of dante and even stole his atituete and because of him you cant play as dante in the game :mad:

by the why is this the right topic?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I like Nero, i think he gets a hard time because of his dominance in 4 but thats not his fault i found him quite passionate and i thought he was cool :cool: in fact thats what ill name my firstborn............devil bringer. Oh and this prob would be better suited for the DMC 4 discussion if thats what you meant, but i dont think anyone will mind :D

OriginalOutcast

I do think he's a cool character with alot of potential but I'd like to see him develop more. (Too much of his backstory is never explained other than he was raised by The Order and I doubt Capcom will ever get to it with the supposed "Reboot" going on.)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
^that is true although i have high beliefs that they will return to the "proper" stoyline after all Dante's popularity has sky-rocketed with the release of MvC 3 so hopefully we will find out more about Nero in the future by one way or another but i realy hope theres something other than Vergil and a "lady of the night" being his parents, cause that just feels Dirty and not in a Christina Aguilara way, cause that would be good :p

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Dante is my second favorite character. Nero is my first favorite. He actually gave what the box said, for one. "Intriguing New Characters!" Make that only a few of them. With Agnus's appearance being a new character. The box made Resident Evil 4's even less accurate, at least. I mean, Silent Hill 2 beat that game in the graphic department.

Lady alexiel

I haven't played the actual DMC4, I have refrain and I kinda like him. Not as much as Dante of course but Devil May Cry 4 did introduce a character that is likable.

jackiexylon

you cant really hate nero.. i just hated the fact that they made dmc4 about some random dude instead of giving a little backstory of vergil

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
jackiexylon;302030 said:
you cant really hate nero.. i just hated the fact that they made dmc4 about some random dude instead of giving a little backstory of vergil

DMC3 was the backstory of Vergil.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
<_< But you CAN play as Dante in the game, just not all the way through.
And yep, I like Nero. ^_^ For the first new male protagonist to be introduced to the series, he's not too bad.

jackiexylon

Darth Angelo;302038 said:
DMC3 was the backstory of Vergil.

wasnt much of a backstory for me.. there's some spoilers of vergils backstory yes(like when vergil said "Remember the old days?" im like whut old days), but it aint the whole package

Reanbell

Your very own star
I absolutely adore Nero. I actually like his character more than Dante's, simply because he's got the type of personality that I prefer. I still love Dante, have from the beginning, but Nero is the exact type that appeals to me. I still wish they had gone into more depth about his character instead of leaving us all hanging and speculating, but from what we do see - I like him. I like how emotional he is, and the struggle he goes through on the way to being better physically and emotionally. And... well, I'm quite the sap for romance, so I find his dedication to Kyrie so sweet. xD I did misjudge him when DMC4 first came out, I even refused to play the game when I was more of a moron. ;P Playing it now, I regret everything, and DMC4 turned out to be perfect. :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reanbell;302124 said:
I absolutely adore Nero. I actually like his character more than Dante's, simply because he's got the type of personality that I prefer.
I agree 150% :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero was without a doubt my favorite character in the entire series. Dante, after DMC1, at least, fell flat on his face and even in DMC4 has not recovered from that. In fact, DMC4 gives me a WORSE opinion of Dante because he's far too powerful and therefore really cannot die.

Nero was believable, and he was able to die. (He almost did, if you recall, by being stabbed) Now if he had a few more weapons, I'm fairly certain I'd like him even more than I do now.

And for the record, I severely dislike Vergil as well. Call me stupid, but I'm merciful to a fault and Vergil extremely contrasts that, which I hate.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Storm Silves;302161 said:
Nero was without a doubt my favorite character in the entire series. Dante, after DMC1, at least, fell flat on his face and even in DMC4 has not recovered from that. In fact, DMC4 gives me a WORSE opinion of Dante because he's far too powerful and therefore really cannot die.

Nero was believable, and he was able to die. (He almost did, if you recall, by being stabbed) Now if he had a few more weapons, I'm fairly certain I'd like him even more than I do now.

And for the record, I severely dislike Vergil as well. Call me stupid, but I'm merciful to a fault and Vergil extremely contrasts that, which I hate.

I'd have to agree with this. I like the over the top thing the series is more about, but it needed a game that was more subdued in that aspect. The game still is goofy, but it's not like it was something out of the cartoon adaptation of the comic book The Tick. I could call Dante the cooler, less mentally deranged version of the guy who was trigger happy from that same cartoon.

I could easily compare the over the top style of most of the games in the series with plenty of parody superheroes. Dante may as well just be confirmed as the better version of Big Shot from the Tick. He isn't using guns to forget his mother never loved him, though. Big Shot probably is compensating for other things with his superhero persona, as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iDnFQ8UsRg&feature=related

Seriously. Just watch this entire video to see how similar it could be to the basic over the top nature of DMC. Also, the Tick is my favorite superhero next to Batman. Spoon!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i like the guy but i don't see the need for the character as they could have done a game based on the adventures of dante, lady, vergil, and trish during the ten year gap between 3 and 1.
the character did feel halfassed and lazily developed but that wasn't his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom