• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DOA 5 and Virtua Fighter 5 Final showdown NEWS

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
DOA 5 : Two Virtua Fighter characters appearance!
It was revealed that DOA 5 had Akira Yuki (One of beast characters from Virtua Fighter):

And in recent trailers we see more of him as well Sarah Bryant (Jet Kun Do) who's also from same game:

So DOA 5 not only is looking great but also has two well developed fighters from Virtua fighter series. Look forward to the game DOA fans! :D

Virtua Fighter 5 Final showdown (latest VF game) cheap price on PSN!
I myself have recently waited for Virtua Fighter 5 Final showdown to be released on PSN:

Buying full game without customizing packs (clothes and items decorative only) is 15 dollars.
And it costs 45 dollars total if you buy with DLC customization packs for all characters.

But Sega has announced a discounted price of full game with DLC customization packs for 30 dollars and not the usual 45 dollars.

:D :D :D Enjoy your games!

ZeroLove

Sarah Bryant is my fave babe of Virtua Fighter and the only character I know how to play (though I am learning to use Jackie too). I generally don't like Virtua Fighter as it is too technical at times, so to see Sarah guest star in Dead or Alive which is a much more user-friendly fighting game is awesome! I can't wait to see how her gameplay will work out. ^^

McdD

Sarah Bryant is my fave babe of Virtua Fighter and the only character I know how to play (though I am learning to use Jackie too). I generally don't like Virtua Fighter as it is too technical at times, so to see Sarah guest star in Dead or Alive which is a much more user-friendly fighting game is awesome! I can't wait to see how her gameplay will work out. ^^
I've not played Doa much but the gameplay of Doa and VF seems quite similar.

ZeroLove

I've not played Doa much but the gameplay of Doa and VF seems quite similar.

Both have 1 Punch, 1 Kick and 1 Guard button, but that's where the similarities end. The gameplay in Virtua Fighter is ALOT more technical and is targetted at pro-style tournament gamers while Dead or Alive is ALOT more casual and is alot easier to pull off some nasty combos and moves which is great for a more casual audience.

McdD

Both have 1 Punch, 1 Kick and 1 Guard button, but that's where the similarities end. The gameplay in Virtua Fighter is ALOT more technical and is targetted at pro-style tournament gamers while Dead or Alive is ALOT more casual and is alot easier to pull off some nasty combos and moves which is great for a more casual audience.
Yes, but i was thinking of the gameplay not the depth.

Example SF x Tekken has two editions (?):
Sf gameplay
Tekken gameplay

So in future if DOA VS Virtua = compatible gameplay?

ZeroLove

Yes, but i was thinking of the gameplay not the depth.

Example SF x Tekken has two editions (?):
Sf gameplay
Tekken gameplay

So in future if DOA VS Virtua = compatible gameplay?

I was talking about the gameplay. :(

McdD

I was talking about the gameplay. :(
Yes, i know. But i am looking at it from a different perspective.

In previous post i misspoke. Not depth but user friendly.

VF = not use friendly (hardcore)
Doa (based on your knowledge) = user friendly

Now when i talk about gameplay i meant that the fight system of VF and Doa seems to be the same (realistic approach to fighting) in contrast to Mortal Kombat or SF or Tekken.

ZeroLove

Yes, i know. But i am looking at it from a different perspective.

In previous post i misspoke. Not depth but user friendly.

VF = not use friendly (hardcore)
Doa (based on your knowledge) = user friendly

Now when i talk about gameplay i meant that the fight system of VF and Doa seems to be the same (realistic approach to fighting) in contrast to Mortal Kombat or SF or Tekken.

And with the fight system you mean what exactly?
As with your example, in Street Fighter VS Tekken, two games with completely different technical gameplay styles have been mashed together, but that game uses the Street Fighter gameplay output and the Tekken characters have had their playstyle changed to fit that. Kazuya in Tekken plays completely different than Kazuya in SFvsT. The way you do Kazuya's special moves is nothing like how you do it in Tekken. But they still succeeded cross-implementing the Tekken characters to fit the Street Fighter playstyle, imo.

The technical gameplay styles of Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive are alike, so it would be easier to cross-implement characters, yes. The way you pull off moves in those two games have similarities, but the Virtua Fighter characters who guest star in Dead or Alive would most probably feel different still, due to the more casual (in lack of a better word) gameplay style DoA offers.

McdD

Yep. But i meant the technical gameplay styles :)
But i think SF x Tekken has a edition with Tekken gameplay or am i wrong there?

Anyhow considering VF and DOA has similar gameplay, it would easier to implement the two worlds into a game :D

ZeroLove

Yep. But i meant the technical gameplay styles :)
But i think SF x Tekken has a edition with Tekken gameplay or am i wrong there?

Anyhow considering VF and DOA has similar gameplay, it would easier to implement the two worlds into a game :D

Namco, the creators of Tekken, will make a similar game called Tekken X Street Fighter (not VS as I previously stated, it is also called Street Fighter X Tekken. Sorry about that) where it is Tekken style gameplay and graphics with Street Fighter characters cross-implemented into their style.

McdD

Yep, but i was saying with my point that it might not be necessary for the two producers to make their version of VF and DOA.

That one game may be enough :D

ZeroLove

Yep, but i was saying with my point that it might not be necessary for the two producers to make their version of VF and DOA.

That one game may be enough :D

There are other things that play in which makes the two games different from one another than just the button-layout. The fans of Virtua Fighter would undoubtedly be displeased if the game became too casual and the Dead or Alive fans would complain if it got too technical. I am even certain that there would be complaints if they balanced it out between the two.

Play Dead or Alive and then you will feel the difference between the two.

Top Bottom