• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Want These Features To Return?

Goldsickle

1. Self-Updating Enemy Files.
    Enemy information that updates as you fight the enemies and try out new methods suggested or hinted by the files.

2. Underwater Segments.
    First person in DMC, 3rd person in DMC2.

3. Instant Kill Maneuvers.
    Some enemies have shortcuts that allows you to kill them instantly, such as hitting a Blade on its back from the air while it's lying on its stomach.

4. Shoot 'Em Up/Vehicle Segments.
    For example, the aerial battle against Mundus in DMC and the biplane escape sequence in the same game.

Last edited:

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
1 - Sure.

2 - Not really.

3 - Maybe for a few enemies but I don't think its a good idea.

4 - God forbid.

DieCobros

1. Yes.

2. Eh.

3. Nah.

4. I actually really liked the first part of the Mundus fight in DMC 1, it was completely unexpected and it was right up my alley, so yeah! Planes though? Not really. That segment wasn't really necessary in the first game.

Goldsickle

3 - Maybe for a few enemies but I don't think its a good idea.
The last "instant kill" alternate strategy that existed is if you used a Buster on a Chimera Seed in DMC4.

I can't remember if this is how it worked but if you threw a Gladius to another Gladius that is in sword form and ready to attack, you'll kill them both instantly.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I can't remember if this is how it worked but if you threw a Gladius to another Gladius that is in sword form and ready to attack, you'll kill them both instantly.

Depends on distance and angle. If the Gladius you wanna hit is too far, or you you hit with a certain angle (like, 90 degrees), it's not gonna be one shotted. At least this is what I noticed playing in Bloody Palace.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
The last "instant kill" alternate strategy that existed is if you used a Buster on a Chimera Seed in DMC4.

Yes, but both Chimera Seeds and Gladiuses are just swarming, pretty squishy enemies. You didn't fight like 10 Blades at the same time and they didn't die in 3-4 hits. I just personally don't like the idea of instant kills but for enemies who are often numerous and weak I don't mind it that much.

Goldsickle

Sin Scissors also have an instant kill strategy (that gets you more Orbs), where you shoot their masks at point blank after a weapon clash parry.

I also remembered that you can kill Phantom without attacking, by having him jump on the glass ceiling 5 times (final encounter with him).

The first DMC is really more adventurous, varied and 'puzzle'-like back then.
But nowadays, whether it's a sequel or reboot there are strictly more focus on the combat and combos.

Top Bottom