• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think well ever see the old Dante again??

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Can't say anything... Let's toss a coin !
coin-flip-o.gif

Heads Old DMC steps forward in an ambiguous future and if Tails DmC series continues
That depends. which old Dante are you refering to?
The emotionless and silent Dante?
I am pretty sure no one wants that one

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ignoring everything else why would they turn a DMCXBayonetta crossover to a kid friendly game?

That is like turning a Resident EvilxSilent Hill crossover to a kid friendly game.

Both have a track record of intense violence such as blood and gore(mostly Bayonetta), dark themes, religious...I mean sacrilegious (mostly Bayonetta) tone, strong langauge (mostly Bayonetta), and oversexualization (mostly Bayonetta).
Why not? Dante was Viewtiful Joe, that was kid friendly game, and it's not exactly hard considering you are teaching at a school full of children, you don't think Jeanne would strip at school, do you? It's a DS game, not exactly the adult demographic's system of choice.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why not? Dante was Viewtiful Joe, that was kid friendly game, and it's not exactly hard considering you are teaching at a school full of children, you don't think Jeanne would strip at school, do you? It's a DS game, not exactly the adult demographic's system of choice.

Viewtiful Joe is a Teen game and a new IP made for kids and pre teens your practically taking 2 mature games and making a kid crossover game...that in turn will mostly **** off fans who liked those games for being mature or something or enrage parents who'll look into the game's history and see its previous titles and not like that your selling a mature series to their child (especially Bayonetta...DMC will probably be fine if the parents aren't Christians)....but I do see your point but DMC wasn't that violent or mature compared to Bayonetta plus if that is the case why not do a Mortal Kombat and DC crossover and aim at a younger audience...oh forget it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Viewtiful Joe is a Teen game and a new IP made for kids and pre teens your practically taking 2 mature games and making a kid crossover game...that in turn will mostly **** off fans who liked those games for being mature or something or enrage parents who'll look into the game's history and see its previous titles and not like that your selling a mature series to their child (especially Bayonetta...DMC will probably be fine if the parents aren't Christians)....but I do see your point but DMC wasn't that violent or mature compared to Bayonetta plus if that is the case why not do a Mortal Kombat and DC crossover and aim at a younger audience...oh forget it.
I'm pretty sure that nether DMC nor Bayonetta are the first adult titles to have a child friendly spin off.

TheOneGirl

This song...will always be make favorite video game soundtrack... 3:08 threw 5:19 almost made me cry thinking about that we might not get the classic Dante back :/

berto

I Saw the Devil
Everyone says Kamiya's Dante. I think the original Dante took more from Mikami than people realize. His dialogue, additude, and personality are much more reminiscent of Leon in RE4 than Bayonetta, well, except for DMC3 but that is not what we are talking about.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Everyone says Kamiya's Dante. I think the original Dante took more from Mikami than people realize. His dialogue, additude, and personality are much more reminiscent of Leon in RE4 than Bayonetta, well, except for DMC3 but that is not what we are talking about.
Isn't Kamiya the mastermind behind DMC1? I only referred to DMC1 Dante as Kamiya's Dante because of that reason.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Isn't Kamiya the mastermind behind DMC1? I only referred to DMC1 Dante as Kamiya's Dante because of that reason.

Kamiya may be the mack daddy of DMC1, but he didn't make the whole concept of DMC alone. He obviously had help with character, story, fashion, and all the other details. People assume that Kamiya made DMC1 and is the only one who can make Dante into DMC1 Dante again, but they're wrong.

TheOneGirl

Even if Capcom goes back or does a Devil May Cry 5 game, yeah fans are going to be excited but their not going to feel the same, there going to be thinking, "Is this the last game of the franchise?" "Goodbye Dante, Welcome Donte :'( " etc. Fans are going to know that DmC:2013 is still going to be continued, even though the sales were bad for the game. Damn its already like I can see the future.
images

Hellspawn

I guess we won't. It was helluva good series, but it's ended. We should be happy that it concluded 4 great games. Some series' doesn't even have 3 games in it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, the most famous example I know of is Doctor Who which had a few spin-offs, but two of them were children's shows, k-9 and the Sarah Jane Adventures, as opposed to the other one, Torchwood, which dealt with very mature theme such as death, violence, sex, and homosexuality.

My point is it's not inconceivable that it would happen, not even a little bit.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well, the most famous example I know of is Doctor Who which had a few spin-offs, but two of them were children's shows, k-9 and the Sarah Jane Adventures, as opposed to the other one, Torchwood, which dealt with very mature theme such as death, violence, sex, and homosexuality.

.............fine I've been defeated.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

Funnily enough, Doctor Who started as an out right children's show and became more "older childred/family broad" as a result of and following the TV movie. So that's kind'a more an Children's property becomeing more adult then back again, and then even FURTHER dark.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Really? 'Cause I saw he original Doctor Who and it seemed fairly mature for the time. I wouldn't have thought that old a$$hole would be a family show protagonist.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Give me an example.

I've got a few more fun ones if you're interested.

Wanpaku_graffiti.jpg

Wanpaku Graffiti, a cutesy child-friendly spin off of Splatterhouse, otherwise known as the series where Jason Vorhees punches giant foetuses to death.

Mortal-Kombat-The-Journey-Begins-4--article_image.jpg

Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm, a cheesy saturday morning series with basically the same plot as the games, albeit with a few liberties and less ultraviolence.

Rambo01.JPG

Rambo: The Force Of Freedom. More saturday morning fodder, and altogether kid friendly with tragically few brutal police officer murders.

There was a cartoon series for Conan too, and I don't think anyone would want a little one reading Robert E Howards original tales of the character. Except for me of course.

I really doubt that Bayonetta would work as a child-friendly property though. Overt sex appeal and murdering Catholics are a little bit too integral for it to make a good translation to the Cartoon Network line-up, and I'd doubt Platinum would be on board with it.

Really? 'Cause I saw he original Doctor Who and it seemed fairly mature for the time. I wouldn't have thought that old a$$hole would be a family show protagonist.

The original premise for Dr Who was to be an educational drama the family could enjoy, where the serials would alternate between doing historical and scientific stories. The show concept was actually scribed by a group of school teachers if you'll believe it, and they wanted to keep the stories as factually sound as possible to give kids a jumping on point for those intellectual fields. You'll notice in those early serials The Doctor and his cohorts tended to use cunning and resourcefulness to solve their problems instead of pointing the sonic screw driver at them, and that was to encourage thinking outside the box in young viewers. In time of course the sci-fi aspect of the show became it's most popular and prominent, but if you sit down to the early serials such as Marco Pollo you'll see the educational aspect shine through.

As for seeing Dante again, I'm sure that Capcom will throw in nods to him into nostalgia focussed products like the Versus games just to twist the knife a little.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The original premise for Dr Who was to be an educational drama the family could enjoy, where the serials would alternate between doing historical and scientific stories. The show concept was actually scribed by a group of school teachers if you'll believe it, and they wanted to keep the stories as factually sound as possible to give kids a jumping on point for those intellectual fields. You'll notice in those early serials The Doctor and his cohorts tended to use cunning and resourcefulness to solve their problems instead of pointing the sonic screw driver at them, and that was to encourage thinking outside the box in young viewers. In time of course the sci-fi aspect of the show became it's most popular and prominent, but if you sit down to the early serials such as Marco Pollo you'll see the educational aspect shine through.
I guess that makes sense. I do remember reading that at the time they introduced the daleks there had been a large number of deaths do to plunger related accidents that overtook the whole of England. The ratio of plunger related violence and deaths decreased dramaticly after the doctor showed us the dangers of plungers.

Top Bottom