• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Devil May Cry could even work for a handheld?

Do you think it could work?

• Total voters

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
No I don't mean like the iPod version of DMC4. I mean like a well scaled, full to life, PSVita game. Could you see it working? I know there's the issue of having to dumb things down a bit thanks to not have an L2/R2 control button...

Your thoughts?

AlastorSword

Maybe if part would have something more to balance lacks of buttons. Maybe switching weapons with touch screen?
Yeah I was thinking something like that. It would take advantage of the Vita's hardware capabilities and also keep you on your toes like the console games.

R= Lock on
L= DT
Tri= Swordplay
Sqr= Gunplay
X= jump
O= Dash

D-pad= Style switching
Vertical swipe = Devil Arms
Horizontal swipe= Weapons
R+L= Taunt

Sound good?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Yeah I was thinking something like that. It would take advantage of the Vita's hardware capabilities and also keep you on your toes like the console games.

R= Lock on
L= DT
Tri= Swordplay
Sqr= Gunplay
X= jump
O= Dash

D-pad= Style switching
R+L= Taunt

Sound good?
Can do.

EDIT:
Wait! Don't you mean O should be the Style button which the action will be dependent on the Style used?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

R= Lock on
L= DT
Tri= Swordplay
Sqr= Gunplay
X= jump
O= Dash

D-pad= Style switching
R+L= Taunt

Sound good?
what if there was a DmC version of the game though? how would angel and devil heritage/mode activate? and what about devil trigger?

AlastorSword

what if there was a DmC version of the game though? how would angel and devil heritage/mode activate? and what about devil trigger?

They would probably have to do away with the lock on feature then. Now R can be used for Angel weaponry and L for Devil. Taunt could also be in exchanged. Instead of R+L to taunt, reDante could enter DT.
O= Launch again as well

and just like old Dante

Nero will have to resort to L(Lock on) + X to dash and
O= Devil Bringer

Hehe, this would be a mess to try and change during button options xD

AlastorSword

I WOULDVE LOVED DMC FOR PSP:(
That would have been cool because I used my Psp a lot! It's sad to see that the system I once took to school to indulge in on the bus, is now sitting on my dresser collecting dust >_>

It deserved better...

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!

My thought is Dante would be the most difficult to control because of his weapon switching and precise button input (same thing for Vergil and I guess Trishe), while people like Nero and Lucia would be a lot simpler to control.

I've actually edited my past post here a little... Plz check.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
That would have been cool because I used my Psp a lot! It's sad to see that the system I once took to school to indulge in on the bus, is now sitting on my dresser collecting dust >_>

It deserved better...

i feel your pain bro lol i miss my psp but now that i have dmc on my xbox...theres just no use for it :( i wish i could find devil may cry for psp so long as i could adjust my controls it would be an awsome idea but now with the vista(which im boycotting) if they did come out with one i couldnt play it

AlastorSword

I've actually edited my past post here a little... Plz check.
Oh my mistake must've missed that >_<

Oops my mistake I meant to say O is dependent on the style you are using. Dpad= switch styles while O= your designated style moves (ex: O= Dash for Trickster but becomes your block button while using "Royal Guard" style)

Thanks for catching me on that one lol.

AlastorSword

i feel your pain bro lol i miss my psp but now that i have dmc on my xbox...theres just no use for it :( i wish i could find devil may cry for psp so long as i could adjust my controls it would be an awsome idea but now with the vista(which im boycotting) if they did come out with one i couldnt play it

Same here bro.... though I do like the Vita, loving Gravity Rush, but my main reason for getting it was in hopes that they make some of the old psp games available for download because my psp thumb stick stopped working :( AND THAT SUCKS!

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I seriously cant wait till i pick up and own dmc 4 again after all the levels and fighting ive done on dmc3 with dante and vergil im going to wreck **** up with nero he has so much more range with his movements then the other two plus after all the bosses on dmc3 dmc4 ones seem easy i mean berial is just like cerberus just without being changed that frong dude is pretty easy all on his own really perdictable movements just like hell vanguard that snake women is the same as nevan i mean it just goes on and on lol bottom line i cant wait to play that again

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm still waiting for this >
3632-devil-may-cry.jpg
it was cancelled but HECK i want DMC 1HD for Vita NOW !

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If they canned the first handheld version, I can't see them taking it upon themselves to start planning another (plus, I don't think Hand-held sales are going that well.) But I think it'd work.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If they canned the first handheld version, I can't see them taking it upon themselves to start planning another (plus, I don't think Hand-held sales are going that well.) But I think it'd work.
Nah it could be a system seller if you ask me ! making a new classic DMC game or even a HDport like persona 4 Golden or MGS3 3ds

The reason why they canned PSP version is because of the low sales of the system itself and they also shelved Resident evil portable because of that too but they finally released that in 3ds.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Nah it could be a system seller if you ask me ! making a new classic DMC game or even a HDport like persona 4 Golden or MGS3 3ds

The reason why they canned PSP version is because of the low sales of the system itself and they also shelved Resident evil portable because of that too but they finally released that in 3ds.

I didn't know they were planning a Resident Evil for the psp...

I must admit, if there was a DMC game coming out for the Vita... I'd buy one in an instant :p

berto

I Saw the Devil
If you'd ask me before I owned my Vita I would've said 'no way' that they are just not powerful enough but after playing Gravity Rush and some other graphic and action heavy titles I take it back. If the 3DS can do the same then I say you can definitely pull it off on those councils. The touch pad on the Vita is perfectly functional and responsive and so is the back pad so I have, no doubts on the hardware's ability to perform.

As for the kind of game that they'd make? There are more than just one possibility, they could make it a standard DMC title, a sidescroller like Viewtiful Joe, a fighting game, an RPG that focuses on story, and so on. Really, I think they'd have no issues with ether the concept nor the hardware, but I still don't think they'll do it.

Top Bottom