• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do u think capcom should make movies?

Do u want capcom to make main stream movies?

• Yes , That would be great.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, They will be better with games than movies.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I don't know,a major diference between japanese videogames and western videogames[Europe and America] is that videogames from japan are made in such a way and with a mindset that it's either a bad idea to go live action or sometimes make an anime spinoff of them.On the contrary western videogames can be finely adapted in any posible media.You could say they are more flexible?But at any rate,unless Capcom themselves go and make the movie and not "a certain very famous producing company",then OK,give it a try.The last thing I want to see from DMC is the same thing I saw with DragonBall Evolution.

Sparda™

Reception of RE: Degeneration.

The film received a mixed reviews from critics. The wired.com blog, GameLife, gave the film 3/10. The website UGO gave the film an overall score of a B. Positive review came from Infendo.com, who gave the film 3 out of 4 stars, praising its realistic visuals, but criticising the poor character development and dialogue.

The Numbers reported 435,126 DVD units sold and a total revenue of $8,547,105.

DreadnoughtDT;206768 said:
Are you speaking in the companies best interest or are you speaking what you actually WANT to see? I for one thought the CGI movie was great. Why all the hate?

I made It clear, actually. I was speaking in Capcom's interest. Live action give hundreds of millions of dollars, not CGI movies.

Devil Bane;206782 said:
The last thing I want to see from DMC is the same thing I saw with DragonBall Evolution.

An anime/manga would never work as a live-action adaption. That and many other tries just strengthens the fact that only games have proved to be money sources for live-action adaptions.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL! Thanks for that Sparda. On second thought, I don't think I missed anything by not watching it, so I'm gonna give it a skip.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Sparda™;206789 said:
An anime/manga would never work as a live-action adaption. That and many other tries just strengthens the fact that only games have proved to be money sources for live-action adaptions.

Not excactly.It depends on the manga/anime we are talking about and the company behind it.An example is the Sakigake!Otokojuku movie.It wouldn't be bad if a second movie,that has more to do with the story,than a mere teaser of it would be shown.Not to mention the Death Note movies.

Sparda™

LOL! Thanks for that Sparda. On second thought, I don't think I missed anything by not watching it, so I'm gonna give it a skip.

Always welcomed, dear. ;)

Devil Bane;206796 said:
Not excactly.It depends on the manga/anime we are talking about and the company behind it.An example is the Sakigake!Otokojuku movie.It wouldn't be bad if a second movie,that has more to do with the story,than a mere teaser of it would be shown.Not to mention the Death Note movies.

Same thing I said above. Thing is, you need to convert such media into movies, live-action ones. But, If they aren't potential moneymakers, why waste the money with them?!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Um,they are live action.The only "thing" that isn't live in this movies is Ryuk,the Death God from Death Note.And the Otokojuku was made a fair 15 years AFTER the manga and anime had ended.I think none of the above movies were released outside Japan...And I was wondering what I forgot : the Prince of Tennis movie/s?,where most of the original voice cast is also the actors.[since the oldest of the actors was Mamoru Miyano...I think?]

Sparda™

Devil Bane;206808 said:
Um,they are live action.The only "thing" that isn't live in this movies is Ryuk,the Death God from Death Note.And the Otokojuku was made a fair 15 years AFTER the manga and anime had ended.I think none of the above movies were released outside Japan...And I was wondering what I forgot : the Prince of Tennis movie/s?,where most of the original voice cast is also the actors.[since the oldest of the actors was Mamoru Miyano...I think?]

You're only proving my point with your arguments.

The first attempt a manga/anime such as Dragon Ball was made as a live-action movie and debuted worldwide, failed in an epic manner.

Games are the way to go.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
[Rubs eyes...scratches head.]I'm either too sleepy I don't even now what I'm doing in this thread with my posts,or I suddenly forgot all the english I learned.Time for bed.

Forgot : yeah,and it was made illegally.I mean c'mon, mystic journey.In china.Without even consulting the author or Bird studios.Not to mention the visuals were crappy as hell.

Sparda™

Devil Bane;206818 said:
[Rubs eyes...scratches head.]I'm either too sleepy I don't even now what I'm doing in this thread with my posts,or I suddenly forgot all the english I learned.Time for bed.

:lol:...

Devil Bane;206818 said:
Forgot : yeah,and it was made illegally.I mean c'mon, mystic journey.In china.Without even consulting the author or Bird studios.Not to mention the visuals were crappy as hell.

Agreed.

Durante

Dead
First of all,hello to everyone,im back on these forums to keep posting,discussing,and talking in this great community. :)

I don't really see Capcom making new good movies,there are a few reasons which were perhaps mentioned earlier as i did not read all of the posts. As the movie gets released by the game company they don't usually get such good advertising and if they do,they don't get praise for their ''hard work''. The most problem in the movies are the actor choice or actual plot of the movie,if you got a hollywood class director and a script writer you can work something out,but people are used to see poor quality movies recreated from games and usually don't really bother seeing a games movie. I actually enjoyed Hitman movie,many did,but it didn't go that much Hot of a movie. Game movies aren't great-but they sell. Despite that,some video game companies still plan making movies for the very reason the movies still give SOME profit,but the movies usually receive criticism or negative opinions. Therefore we can say that most video game companies aren't capable of making movies,they are good at making games. Until i see a different movie without any of the gaming staff messing up the movie im sticking to this opinion.

aoshi

I got my reasons:
1)Not many in my country know ryu,ken,akuma,dante or vergil. May be in japan, these characters are famous and gamer gets a pat for playing them.I am not sure about american countries but asian countries would definitely appreciate these characters. It depends on adaptation though.

2)I am falling sick of visualising these characters as input driven physical designs.There were only a few cut scenes for the characters and would prefer more motion capturing and in depth plots.Of course not too melo-dramatic.

I do find animes as an alternative for their essence but anime's are too melo-dramatic.Hitman was a good movie by the way.

Durante

Dead
Devil Bane;207252 said:
Those you mentioned are pretty famous in th European countries too.

Not really,Dante or Vergil perhaps,but Japanese character aren't widely known in America nor Europe due to most of the games being old or not interesting outside Asia territory.

Top Bottom