• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do the normal people in DMC know Demons exist?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is a question I've thought of before but always forgot to post about it. In the Classic DMC world (DMC1,2,3,4 and the Anime) Do you think normal people know that Demons exist in their world?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'd say that there are people who do, and people who don't.

People who do, are probably mercenaries, information providers, all those shady guys.

People who don't are your common neighboorXD

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
*Opens newpaper* "Famous Demon Hunter Dante saves world from Mundus..Again."
Damn newpaper incorporating religion into the news. Its hard to find a good newpaper these days.
Lol :p

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I don't mean to lay down "This thread has ended" but there is a reason Dante made a demon hunting shop :p
And haven't people called him in DMC 4 and 1? So doesn't that answer the topic?:p

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't mean to lay down "This thread has ended" but there is a reason Dante made a demon hunting shop :p
And haven't people called him in DMC 4 and 1? So doesn't that answer the topic?:p
It could answer the topic. Like T to the Redgrave said the shady underground folks may know and call Dante's shop but that doesn't mean normal folks know about it. (Trish said in DMC4 that the caller has the "password" remember?)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It could answer the topic. Like T to the Redgrave said the shady underground folks may know and call Dante's shop but that doesn't mean normal folks know about it. (Trish said in DMC4 that the caller has the "password" remember?)
Well then probably few knows. But way i see DMC people is that they are non existing. DMC seemed pretty deserted. Except for cutscenes.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Mmm..well I think a handfull of normal people might know, I mean Dante DOES have a demon hunting shop where he takes orders from normal everyday people :0 So I'm assuming some people do ^^

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
There is a Sparda statue in plain sight in episode 10 of the anime. So what would be the point of keeping it if they didn't acknowledge demons existence.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Because doesn't the series also say that people see Sparda's story as a myth? The real world has statues of myths and legend as well.

D-Sparda

Because doesn't the series also say that people see Sparda's story as a myth? The real world has statues of myths and legend as well.
His two sons are the proof of his existence(more Dante than Vergil, since he is not mentioned much).

Lucia's adoptive mother, Lady, Patty, Dante's stalker in the anime, Eva, Kyrie, the people in the anime who requested Dante's help are all normal folks who knew the demons existence.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
His two sons are the proof of his existence(more Dante than Vergil, since he is not mentioned much).

Lucia's adoptive mother, Lady, Patty, Dante's stalker in the anime, Eva, Kyrie, the people in the anime who requested Dante's help are all normal folks who knew the demons existence.
That is only a hand full of people thou. But I get your point.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
But the strippers were not present during the game play. So the strippers;
A. Got killed by the demons
or
B. Ran away for their lives
But this doesn't prove that the strippers knew of the demons beforehand.

D-Sparda

But the strippers were not present during the game play. So the strippers;
A. Got killed by the demons
or
B. Ran away for their lives
But this doesn't prove that the strippers knew of the demons beforehand.
There was blood on the floor.

If you want people who knew demons beforhand, I think the humans who accepted Sparda as their ruler obviously knew the demons existence, since they had one in front of them. DMC1 stated that he quietly reign over the human world, but I don't know what they meant by quietly.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well thats a bit tricky.

I would have agreed with T redgrave's assessment but have the point out that the temen-ni-gru did emerge from the ground, spiling out demons that proceeded to attack the town. Dante went straight for the tower and vergil, not really concerned with other people.

He did come out and fight them tho but by then might be too late.

But we will never know as capcom had no idea what to do with the series.
Maybe Nt will tackle it?

ZeroLove

The only "normal" people we've seen in the games is Lady and the citizens of the city in Devil May Cry 4 and it seems they know demons exists. Other than that, they all know the legend of Sparda, the demon who saved humanity. If they know demons wander the streets still, I dunno. According to the animé, they seem to have some idea or at least some of them do.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well Lady was FORCED to learn so to speak.

And the DMC4 people are living in a city that worships Sparda as a God so yeah, I think they aren't the best examples to answer this question. Quoting Lady though, she had heard of "Sparda's myth" but since Arkham was such a Sparda fanboy that doesn't mean anything either..

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
well in the anime it was clear that demons are common in the world and normal humans aren't aware of the existence of demons

Top Bottom