• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do I just suck, big time?

Gio1

So I recently bought the HD Collection and this is my first time playing a DMC game. I'm finding the first game difficult. Is it just me being awful (probably) or is the general consensus that it is a hard game?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yes, generally the DMC series is considered 'unforgiving', especially first time through. However, once you complete the games, it becomes much easier/fun because if you save the final file you will get to keep some of your finds and achievements from the first time for the next playthrough on other difficulties, and it becomes a lot easier.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The game was oddly built. The learning curve for DMC1 was really ridicilious. The hardest part of DMC1 is the beggening. That's not to say that the game gets easier just that you get better by the time you get passed the giant lava spider.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You don't ssuck at all. DMC is like that. You just need to practice to get better at it. If you want to start off easy, you should probably play DMC2 first, then DMC1, and finally DMC3.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

ahh you dont suck not one bit....all of us was like that at first...but as time goes it gets easy..... and i recommend you start with DMC3 and the rest will be a peace of cake :D thats how i started...:)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
If DMC3 had been without the ability to go back and get more orbs from previous missions it would have been one hell of a tough game. As it is, I find it easier than DMC1.

Zargus

Do you know how to install true FEAR?!
Premium
If DMC3 had been without the ability to go back and get more orbs from previous missions it would have been one hell of a tough game. As it is, I find it easier than DMC1.

I agree I find DMC3 a lot easier then DMC1 as well.

And no you do not suck TC. Everyone is like that with the DMC games at first, in fact with any game at first unless it is designed easy. :cough: Prototype 2 :cough:

Cadaver

I'm stuck there as well. Can't seem to kill him. He always manages to hit me with this one attack that takes away 3/4 of my health every time. Can't seem to avoid it. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't be so bad.

Grey-Frog

Personally I find DMC1 to be the hardest in the series to S Rank. In DMC3 even on DMD S Ranking is pretty much just avoiding getting hit (orbs, stylish points, etc... will all come as a result). DMC1 though even on Normal Mode I find I'll have to playthrough a mission at least twice; once just so I know where to go and the quickest way to do so; and the second time to actually try to get an S.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Like everyone said, you most certainly do not suck. If anyone here sucks, it's me...who can't get past Phantom on easy mode even after beating the game once. :'( *thinks DMC1 is just the hardest game in the series so far*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Like everyone said, you most certainly do not suck. If anyone here sucks, it's me...who can't get past Phantom on easy mode even after beating the game once. :'( *thinks DMC1 is just the hardest game in the series so far*

You are not the only one... I play through the game on Normal as Sparda because I love his bitchin' techno-rock-orchestral battle themes, and because I want to fight all the enemies the game has to offer. I promptly get my butt handed to me by Phantom before I can even see any of these new enemies.

*sigh*

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
You are not the only one... I play through the game on Normal as Sparda because I love his bitchin' techno-rock-orchestral battle themes, and because I want to fight all the enemies the game has to offer. I promptly get my butt handed to me by Phantom before I can even see any of these new enemies.

*sigh*

DMC1 is ebil, yeah? =(

Top Bottom