• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC's influence on other games

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
no we would not like to see your mask
mask.gif

Meg

Unknown, why don't you explain what you mean instead just posting an ambiguous gif? And everyone, please for the love of DMC do not spiral this thread into nothing but unrelated gifs.

IncarnatedDemon

Darksiders is best example in recent time of a game influenced by DMC, even the developers stated they were inspired by DMC.
In my opinion...Darksiders 2 is best example of a game that looked at DMC and said "We will do that".

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Darksiders is more like Zelda than anything else, not Devil May Cry.

He means combat based it is like DMC

If Zelda was Darksiders primary infleunce the combat wouldn't be as well good as it is.

Plus Darksiders (combat wise) reminds me more of a God of War than DMC although Darksiders has a stronger emphasis on juggling than GoW making it akin to DMC.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dante_vs_Vergil_by_Dante_vs_Nero.jpg

4-RagnaVSJin.jpg

Nuff said. Though Ragna's personality is more like DmC Dante's.

On what basis?

Blazblue and some of its characters such as Ragna was heavily inspired by DMC such as one actual official concept art shows Ragna holding Rebellion and Ragna's theme song is called "Rebellion"

He is not the only one but there have been other characters inspired by Dante or his design such as Fenrich from Disgaea 4.

Fenlihi_full.jpg

Well that is what Disgaea fans at least say and I wouldn't be surprised considering how much other forms of Japanese media Disgaea has taken from and was about time they take influences from Japan's Hack and Slash Champion (note I said Japan).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Original Dante's personality is like, whatchumacallit, laid-back while DmC Dante's is sardonic, rude, and very rebellious, just like Ragna.

Better for you?

Wouldn't Ragna also be like Nero since Nero too is sardonic, rude, and rebellious. The dude launched an one man war against his church because they kidnapped his girlfriend and tried to screw him over.

Then wouldn't DmC Dante also be like Nero.

Since Ragna came first of the 3...wouldn't Nero be like Ragna while DmC Dante be like Nero....or Ragna?

Why is the sky blue? Which came first the chicken or the egg?

CHARIZARD, BLASTOISE, & VENUSAUR GOT MEGAEVOLUTIONS!!!!

vg_pokemonxy_0904_mega_uk.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Unknown, why don't you explain what you mean instead just posting an ambiguous gif? And everyone, please for the love of DMC do not spiral this thread into nothing but unrelated gifs.
There's nothing further to say on the matter.

Top Bottom