• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 - Post Your Videos! (SPOILERS)

DarkSlayer54

Took me 1-2 hours to beat Vergil on SOS difficulty. Didn't expect to beat him tonight, but my cheese strat ended up working pretty great. Once I realized that I could spam Stinger, my whole plan was to burst him down as much as I could before the second phase... and then burst him immediately after it. Really hoping it works on DMD as well, but... I have a feeling I may not be able to do it without red orbs.

DarkSlayer54

Nothing impressive, but I started practicing with JC'ing. Really like how easy it is to use with certain moves.

Last edited:

tatsumarublack

Legendary Dark Knight
Nothing impressive, but I started practicing with JC'ing. Really like how easy it is to use with certain moves.

Nice man. It's actually alot easier to jump cancel in DMC5 than any previous game. I think they made it that way because of the lag time that comes from switching between 4 weapons for Dante. Just keep practicing and you'll get it eventually.

DarkSlayer54

Nice man. It's actually alot easier to jump cancel in DMC5 than any previous game. I think they made it that way because of the lag time that comes from switching between 4 weapons for Dante. Just keep practicing and you'll get it eventually.

Really love that change. Seems like the skill is in chaining difficult moves, as opposed to just managing to jump cancel. Like chaining back to back caliburs with Nero. I think that's a way better way to retain a high skill ceiling while making it easier. Still lots of complex things you can do.

tatsumarublack

Legendary Dark Knight
Really love that change. Seems like the skill is in chaining difficult moves, as opposed to just managing to jump cancel. Like chaining back to back caliburs with Nero. I think that's a way better way to retain a high skill ceiling while making it easier. Still lots of complex things you can do.

I can't say I agree. I liked it better in DMC3, where it was more difficult to do but at the same time you had multiple moves that you could chain together and that made it even more difficult to do. Enemies actually had weight and fell in DMC3 which meant that you had to work for extended aerial combos. Now anybody can stay in the air for a lengthy bit of time without jumpcancelling really, but with it they can literally stay in the air forever.

Top Bottom