• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_true_dante

i will just say this. I was dissapointed when i saw the new devil may cry game i love the series but i will not support capcom by buying this game. #1 reason is because dante now looks like an emo that was out in the sun for too long. I would love nothing more than to punch the guy in the face that came up with the idea "Hey guys lets turn the cool looking dante into an ******* emo fag. Dont get me wrong i think the new battle system is pretty impressive and music and all that seems badass but to take a character that everyone is used to for 4 games and change his apperance so much that u cant even notice him from his looks alone. I mean i think instead of coming up with ideas to change it u shouldv'e asked some of the fans what they would like to see u know the people that are actually gonna buy your peice of crap game. I mean i myself am going to be starting my education to becoma a video game designer and i even know that what u did made u lose a lot of hard core fans and even some new ones.I mean i know that every true popular character needs to have a appearence every now and then to keep the fans interest. Overall u could have done a lot better.

Osaka

trollololol
So it's safe to say your not going to be playing it, then.

Your title is mis-leading. I thought you'd played the game and was giving your opinion on it. Dammmmmmmn..

the_true_dante

Osaka;301912 said:
So it's safe to say your not going to be playing it, then.

Your title is mis-leading. I thought you'd played the game and was giving your opinion on it. Dammmmmmmn..

Oh srry i guess it is let me see if i can fix it

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Once you get into the game development side of things, your opinion on what NT and Capcom are doing are most likely to change.
Also, I hope you didn't just sign up to make that one post and that you're actually going to join the forum and be an active member here. We've had way too many people sign up just to rant in one or two posts and then never to be seen again.

Lady alexiel

I think people are overreacting about Dante's outfit. I do hate that the director took his hairstyle and put it on Dante but hey I'm sure there will be alternate costumes in the game so whatever.

Also if this is Dante's early days ever think that the developers have his hair black for a reason? I think everyone who is crying about how Dante looks like a emo guyshould really quit until we see more previews. :/

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
honestly, the ignorance of the DMC demographic blows my mind. you won't buy a game you have never played nor seen gameplay footage of because the main character looks "emo"? seriously?

face it bro, you're being a drama queen. if you truly didn't care you wouldn't have bothered posting. you're just looking for people to agree or argue with.

2/10

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
trolling for the sake of trolling.
I mean come on, we've all got our own feelings about this, but yours are just as typical as the average butt-hurt troll.
'Emo Fag'? So you're saying he looks gay? Because the last time i heard that word, i'm pretty sure that's what it meant (apparently in the UK its also offensive). Emo+Fag= Gay Emo? You can't really make an opinion on the character until more info is released... seriously.
And hey, no one is forcing you to buy the game so i don't really think one less bought copy will dent the overall worldwide sale when it's eventually released.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
If you don't like the changes don't express it this way, i doubt that anyone is going to take you seriusly by calling the game crap while we have seen only one trailer, calling the DmC Dante "emo fag", or by simply wanting to punch someone you know nothing of in the face.

And perhaps next time you want to made a thread like this(if you ever come back and read this) do it soon after the next trailer, it's been a time since the game announcement.

Dark Drakan

Admin
honestly, the ignorance of the DMC demographic blows my mind. you won't buy a game you have never played nor seen gameplay footage of because the main character looks "emo"? seriously?

face it bro, you're being a drama queen. if you truly didn't care you wouldn't have bothered posting. you're just looking for people to agree or argue with.

2/10

Id agree wholeheartedly as the game could be the best game in the series gameplay wise but then people ignore it because the main character doesnt look how they want? The same people complained about Raiden in MGS 2 without looking at the good parts of the game or changing to Ezio from Altair in Assassins Creed series. People should look past the cosmetic differences of a character model and judge games on their own merits by how they play. Sure it can be annoying when companies change your favourite character or an iconic character but that doesnt automatically make it a bad game, maybe a poor design choice but it doesnt really effect the core of the game so shouldnt judge it on that alone.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Id agree wholeheartedly as the game could be the best game in the series gameplay wise but then people ignore it because the main character doesnt look how they want? The same people complained about Raiden in MGS 2 without looking at the good parts of the game or changing to Ezio from Altair in Assassins Creed series. People should look past the cosmetic differences of a character model and judge games on their own merits by how they play. Sure it can be annoying when companies change your favourite character or an iconic character but that doesnt automatically make it a bad game, maybe a poor design choice but it doesnt really effect the core of the game so shouldnt judge it on that alone.

your right but the problem for most people is that Dante's new look is the only thing we have to judge it by at the moment. fan response will become more reasonable when there is enough information avalible to accuratly judge the quality of the game, but until then what we do know about the new game is so different from the previous games that fans cannot help having strong feelings about it.( of course those feelings have been expressed clearly so there is no need for anyone to talk about them more but it is still understandable)

Dark Drakan

Admin
your right but the problem for most people is that Dante's new look is the only thing we have to judge it by at the moment. fan response will become more reasonable when there is enough information avalible to accuratly judge the quality of the game, but until then what we do know about the new game is so different from the previous games that fans cannot help having strong feelings about it.( of course those feelings have been expressed clearly so there is no need for anyone to talk about them more but it is still understandable)

Then why judge something so early? Why not wait to pass judgement?

Meg

Then why judge something so early? Why not wait to pass judgement?

*pokes head in* Um....I know people are getting tired of DmC hate, but if I may I'd like to state my reasons for not liking it.

Ok well, to me the gameplay in DMC is always fun and I like it a lot. However, its the characters, settings, stories, and atmosphere that I really like that makes DMC my favorite series. Good gameplay makes a good game, but everything else makes a great game if that makes sense. I'm not happy or interested in the drastic departure in style from the last games. I think the new Dante looks stupid and I thought that before I realized it was Dante. I don't like the setting or music in the trailer. There's just really nothing about it that interests me. It seems more like a generic action game than DMC to me, so whether or not the gameplay is good isn't really gonna matter.

That's how I feel at least. I don't about other DmC dislikers/haters though I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

Dark Drakan

Admin
*pokes head in* Um....I know people are getting tired of DmC hate, but if I may I'd like to state my reasons for not liking it.

Ok well, to me the gameplay in DMC is always fun and I like it a lot. However, its the characters, settings, stories, and atmosphere that I really like that makes DMC my favorite series. Good gameplay makes a good game, but everything else makes a great game if that makes sense. I'm not happy or interested in the drastic departure in style from the last games. I think the new Dante looks stupid and I thought that before I realized it was Dante. I don't like the setting or music in the trailer. There's just really nothing about it that interests me. It seems more like a generic action game than DMC to me, so whether or not the gameplay is good isn't really gonna matter.

That's how I feel at least. I don't about other DmC dislikers/haters though I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way.

Again based around the setting and music used in a trailer? I can understand people not liking a character being changed but judging something on one brief trailer is a little fast to judge too isnt it? I dont even play DMC but still dont think you can judge how it plays or its style based on a trailer and some early screenshots.

Meg

Again based around the setting and music used in a trailer? I can understand people not liking a character being changed but judging something on one brief trailer is a little fast to judge too isnt it?
Oh I'm not dismissing it entirely. I dislike the game based off of the trailer, but I'm still interested in getting more info. I'm just trying to explain why people might not be to trilled based on the trailer. (Or at least why I'm not)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Oh I'm not dismissing it entirely. I dislike the game based off of the trailer, but I'm still interested in getting more info. I'm just trying to explain why people might not be to trilled based on the trailer. (Or at least why I'm not)

I could understand it if people were just 'not thrilled' but spilling hate towards everything to do with the game and the developers is a little much based around so little info and at such an early stage.

Meg

I could understand it if people were just 'not thrilled' but spilling hate towards everything to do with the game and the developers is a little much based around so little info and at such an early stage.
True dat, Mr. Drakan. I was just saying where I thought some of the hate could be coming from.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I think it would be funny if after all this they decided to just call the game something completely different, like with DMC 1 originally being a Resi, but then as it was so different they did a new IP, I'm also wondering if they did decide to do that how many peoples opinions will change.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

I think it would be funny if after all this they decided to just call the game something completely different, like with DMC 1 originally being a Resi, but then as it was so different they did a new IP, I'm also wondering if they did decide to do that how many peoples opinions will change.
That would be pretty hilarious. XD

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
While we are on the subject of fan reactions (we never seem to get off ;))

For me and I think a lot of other people (some just don't know how to say, without flaming) the main problem isn't anything to do with DmC, it's to do with DMC, what I mean by that, is that if this is a reboot (no one realy knows yet) and don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the are trying to get more fans involved, but, it is technically a cancellation of the old events, which is worse than just never releasing anything and us just assuming the series has ended.

I think that what's happening, isn't a dislike of this game, but fan's disappointment and frustration of the "end" of DMC being projected onto this game without us realizing, which is a bit unfair realy, I however am also a big culprit of aforementioned points :p

One the upside though I'm sure that Capcom has noticed the popularity of Dante and DMC so I find it hard to believe they will now stop future products, even if they are not video-game related, so I say we give the game the same chance we would give an other new IP (not that I personal liked any of NT's games, but I've also not played them, that makes me a D***** :D "Hi I'm a stereotypical DMC fan")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom