• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 confirmed? DevilMayCry5.com domain acquisition highlights connection to Capcom

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
This is about as close of a confirmation as we are going to get without Capcom coming right and shouting from the rooftops, 'We are making Devil May Cry 5!'

As not everyone will be super familiar with domain names and Whois lookups and whatnot, I'll try and explain as concisely as I can:

The domain name 'devilmaycry5.com' has been ordered by someone. Visiting the domain yields only a 'page not found/site can't be found' error at the moment, but the most interesting thing is that upon using a Whois service to lookup the information surrounding the person or company, there are some very clear striking ties that link this entity to the domains monsterhunterworld.com and residentevil7.com - both of which currently under the stewardship of Capcom.

Now, while it is not radically uncommon for websites to share identical nameservers, I'd bet against it being just a coincidence.

Thoughts?

Edit: The Twitter embed BBcode is acting a little fruity. Here's the link to the tweet which helped connect a few of the dots:

Code:
https://twitter.com/EmBeEsss/status/1004709757838557184

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Steve, you gotta click the arrow button on the upper right corner and look for "Copy link to Tweet"

And paste it, like this:

EDIT: Eh. Okay, yeah, it's wonky. Upgrade the xenForo, Steve. (Don't worry about the skin, just worry about updating the xenForo files.)

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thoughts?
I'm not waiting for a trailer.

I'm waiting for the game to be available for sale. As I've learned countless times in the past, DMCV could very well be one of those games that might end up being canceled for no reason... even if it's in a finished state at the time.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not waiting for a trailer.

I'm waiting for the game to be available for sale. As I've learned countless times in the past, DMCV could very well be one of those games that might end up being canceled for no reason... even if it's in a finished state at the time.
It's not going to be canceled. The domain registration is true. The evidence is there - DMC5 is real.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's not going to be canceled. The domain registration is true. The evidence is there - DMC5 is real.
Wasn't Silent Hills canceled out of nowhere though?

You can't tell me it's not the same situation. Any company can cancel any game at any time. Don't forget, Microsoft canceled Scalebound, and that was supposed to be an action-rpg with a Dante-esque protagonist (half-man/half-dragon, has a dragon trigger form and white hair)

Not to mention, Capcom's been doing a lot of the things Konami's been doing for the past few years (like pachinko machines), so I wouldn't put it past them to change their minds if the game doesn't sell as much as they want (they wanted RE6 to sell seven million).

DMCV could also end on a cliffhanger that might never be answered either.

Anything could happen. I'm just waiting for the release date.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for the day when we're able to play it.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
@Ash It's a public forum. @berto is not intruding, he's continuing the discussion with regards to why when DMC5 does get announced, it likely won't suffer a cancellation like Silent Hills.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Feeling the urge to intrude on someone else's conversation?
Hehehehe...
When I was young I read up on Eastern philosophy and one thing that stuck out to me was the concept of desire. Not for physical or worldly things but rather the desire for other to be the believe them to be. If, for example, a person believes his father to be constantly disapproving it doesn't matter how or what he says they will take everything they say or do to have an air of condescendence to it or another who think someone is in love with them will make excuses in their mind for how badly they treat them. So on and so. You might think that because we have a rocky history here I might've been metaphorically sticking my foot out to trip you over but if it makes you feel better I didn't know I was responding to you.

I was on the road so I was reading the thread on my phone, hence my very short and to the point response, and I wasn't looking at the user names, plus without the your avatar it was even less obvious. Hell, I wouldn't have known it was Carlitos without his avatar. So if you thought that was, in some way, a personal jab, well, it wasn't. And I get how you feel, especially after Sony released that tweet a year or two ago where they had a gif of DMC1. They made it seem like there was something DMC related to be announced since as far as I remember they didn't tweet any other old PS1 or 2 games so after nothing came of that one worries.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos, I would tell you to pm me from here on out if you have a grievance with my stance, but I've had enough of you as well, so don't bother.
What you really need to do is chill out. You're taking things too seriously when it's actually a public "conversation."

Many people didn't believe that Mega Man would get a true sequel, alas... Capcom is coming out with...

Fans got ****ed off of the Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation and directed all that fire at Capcom. This went on for years, even when Capcom themselves released rereleases of Mega Man (MMLC1&2 for example), yet there it is - Mega Man 11. Not that 8 Bit sequel, but a TRUE sequel.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Wasn't Silent Hills canceled out of nowhere though?

You can't tell me it's not the same situation. Any company can cancel any game at any time. Don't forget, Microsoft canceled Scalebound, and that was supposed to be an action-rpg with a Dante-esque protagonist (half-man/half-dragon, has a dragon trigger form and white hair)

Not to mention, Capcom's been doing a lot of the things Konami's been doing for the past few years (like pachinko machines), so I wouldn't put it past them to change their minds if the game doesn't sell as much as they want (they wanted RE6 to sell seven million).

DMCV could also end on a cliffhanger that might never be answered either.

Anything could happen. I'm just waiting for the release date.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for the day when we're able to play it.

I have to agree with this. We've literally seen games fully advertised, gamers who even got to beta-test them, official sites loaded up with all the world-building, lore, and character profiles...just to have the rug pulled out from under our feet (Fable Legends comes to mind, big-time).

Do I want a DMC5? It would be nice, yeah. Something to help reinvigorate the fanbase, the forums here, and another game for me to get hooked on (which has been pretty paltry of late). But until it's entirely, 100% official, I'm going to keep to cautious optimism.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’m going to do a YouTube video showing me holding the disc. You know, like those fake videos of people saying they have GTA 6 and stuff.

I’m kidding, of course.

ShiningTempest

Looks like its happening.
Great job fans of Devil May Cry!
We showed them our integrity as fans is not something to be made light of, that we will fight to retain what is ours and never give up.
We are the embodiment of Sparda and his undying will to defend humanity.

Top Bottom