• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 vergil became a devil Arm

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
okay hear me out, aren't devil arms the souls of demons that became wepons? They show evidence of this in every game(excluding DMC2) so wat if after Dante deafeated nelo Angelo in DMC1 he became a devil arm but instead of just becoming a wepon he needed to fuse with someone since he's half -demon and he couldn't fuse with Dante since he has the same blood so he needed to find someone else so when he saw Nero he thought of himself trying to protect his mom so he wanted to give Nero the power he needed but he could only enter thru an open wound and the only one was his arm. It was shown in DMC3 that demons reatain concioussness when a devil arm if they are still alive when they become one, shown in the "no talking" scene from DMF3 which would explain Nero hearing vergils voice. So what do u guys think?

Dominus

I dunno it's possible and I think people have thought of that before. It'd be cool if t Nero possessing other people's devil triggers/spirit was expanded upon with more weapons. E.g. his devil trigger shadow would change with each weapon he is using.

scionicspectre

I've definitely theorized similar things in the past, and while I don't think they would explain it so thoroughly, I can see something like this being the case. It's already pretty clear in the game that Yamato's power initially consumes Nero, almost to the point of possession. While it isn't clearly the case, I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

The major hickup in this theory is that Yamato precedes Vergil, as it was wielded by Sparda, but just as Rebellion changed form during Dante's journeys and reflects his soul, I wouldn't doubt that there is a bond between the twins and their swords to the point that they could become, in effect, devil arms.

Also, there's nothing to say that a half-demon isn't just as capable of being fully embodied by a devil arm, regardless of the human half. However, if you're correct, this could mean that Vergil's human side was cast off and 'died', meaning that whatever is left in Yamato is a pure demon. This would be like the opposite of when Sparda left his demonic power in the demon world, and could be an interesting plot development.

While Vergil's appearance in the DMC 4: SE trailer would suggest otherwise, it should be noted that there are pure demons that mimick human appearance, such as Nevan, Trish, and Lucia.

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
well thats good and all with Yamato but I was trying to e xplain how Nero got the Devil Bringer I always thought vergils soul just had a natural connection with yamato

scionicspectre

Right. Yeah, it could be something connected with him biologically, as well, which would explain the remarks about Nero sharing Sparda's blood or lineage in DMC 4.

Top Bottom