• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 PC Version questions

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I have wanted to get DMC4 for PC for a long time now due to things like Turbo, LDK mode and efficient practising. But before I decide to go out and buy it I wanted to have some questions answered about it since I don't really have much experience with demanding games on PC, so here goes.

- What specs do you have and what can it run in DMC4? (Can you play LDK at a high FPS etc.)
- Are there any problems you have had? (Frame drops, crashing etc.)
- What kinds of settings are there in the PC version, how much do they help/what do you use out of them?
- Do you use keyboard or console controller?
\- If a console controller, how easy was it to set up and what software do you use/need?

If you can answer any of these I would greatly appreciate it. If there are any extra tips you feel could help by all means mention them :)

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Im using a fairly old pc, ati radeon hd4850, amd athlon x2 +5200 dual core cpu, 3gigs of ram, win7 ultimate, using a keyboard and mouse. It ran really smooth, even in ldk mode. I got around 60-100fps in benchmark. No crashes, and personally, i prefer using keyboard rather than controller. Its easier to reach certain buttons like jump and melee and stuff. And i did tried using a third party controller, all i did was plug and play. Oh and im using maximum graphic setting without aa at 1280x1024 60hz. Hope that helps :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Try this tool, DmC has recently been added to it. It will scan your hardware & tell you if your system can run it & how well.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
You can also try downloading the DMC4 demo which has a performance test on it which will tell you how well it will run.

Also regarding controllers, you just plug in and go. No additional software needed, I use the Xbox wired controller, but I assume it works fine with other pads as well.

ChaserTech

Also regarding controllers, you just plug in and go. No additional software needed, I use the Xbox wired controller, but I assume it works fine with other pads as well.

I think the only controller you actually need to configure is a PS3 controller, which is what I use. However the only "configuring" that you do is just trying to get the controller to work on your PC.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Thanks, all this has been a great help :)
I'll definitely be ordering this along with a wired xbox control asap, the demo worked absolutely fine and according to all the tests it'll work above 60 FPS almost indefinitely whilst on max settings.
Also I have one more question, with the debug mod from IW can the global speed adjuster handle above turbo speeds?

Top Bottom