• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 on PC - startup freeze

tenseijken

Hello,
since some time i have a problem starting DMC4 on PC. I spend hours of reading forums / google etc. but didnt find any good solutions for the problem.

I got DMC4 and installed, there where no problems. I played it several days / weeks without any crashes or bugs.

The other day i played it again, then turned the pc off, and next day i wanted to continue, but the game doesnt start anymore. I double-click the icons to start it, all i get is black screen, no sound and no "loading"-text, just the mouse cursor is visible.

I didnt change anything on my computer, didnt install any stuff or updates, just turned it off and the next day its like that.

Now for the solutions, i already tried alot things.
# - tried reinstalling DMC 4, didnt help
# - tried new graphic drivers
# - tried to run it in Compatibility mode / as admin
# - tried different save games
# - tried to update Direct X drivers, but it says its up to date already
# - tried to change resolutions and stuff in the DMC 4 config
# - i read somewhere that K-Lite codec packs sometimes cause freezes so i removed my K-Lite packs, but didnt help

My System:
Windows Vista Home Basic
Intel Pentium 4 3,60 Ghz
2 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 1 GB memory

I dont know what else to try. I dont want to reinstall the whole Windows. And its the only game that making problems, other games i can play without any issues.

All i get is the black screen after starting the game, and i have to go to task manager to shut it down. Its like freezing before it even loads.

Maybe someone can help here, there have to be something that makes the game freez / crash.

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
Well.............that's a big problem maybe the disk has problems and you should buy it again.

Top Bottom