• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Combo MAD: Winds Of Destruction

Terrutas

How do you pull off a 'distortion' This is a new term to me.

A Single attack hits twice. I'm sure some form of cancelling is involved.
Certain attacks that have queued attack frames can be bugged out using Devil Trigger.

Such as Real Impact. When your first attack connects, the rest of the attack frames are already loaded.
If you devil trigger right after the second hit, (this is all a theory on how it works though, but it does work) it loads the devil trigger attack frames as well, but doesn't queue up the rest.

So what you want to do is turn of devil trigger after the next two hits so that it'll load the normal ones back.
I know it's confusing, but no one actually knows how it works. So that's my take on it.

In short, what you need to do is : connect real impact, DT after the second hit, turn off DT after third and fourth hit, then DT again for fifth and sixth hit.

You can also DT Stinger, Straight and Breakdown. The timings on those are rather specific because there are fewer attack frames and the window is shorter.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
How do you pull off a 'distortion' This is a new term to me.

A Single attack hits twice. I'm sure some form of cancelling is involved.

You go DT as the hit connects, you want to try and make it so the "lightning bolt" that hits Dante when he turns DT is at the same time a hit connects and it will hit twice.

People tend to use it for Real Impact or any high damage move to get twice the damage, but it can be used for pretty much any melee attack.

This video helps explain it better, sorry for the Russian audio, I couldn't find the original :)

EDIT:Ninja'd, but Ill leave the vid for reference.

Terrutas

You go DT as the hit connects, you want to try and make it so the "lightning bolt" that hits Dante when he turns DT is at the same time a hit connects and it will hit twice.

People tend to use it for Real Impact or any high damage move to get twice the damage, but it can be used for pretty much any melee attack.
Actually it's alot more than that if you get all the six hits. Around four times.

But yeah, that's pretty much the best video explaining it.

Also another note on Distorting Straight: If you charge it, the distortion also boosts the damage of the charge. Meaning you get both the charge damage for normal and DT'd Dante.
You get even more damage if you Just Frame the charge.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
great video man great use of combos btw i am the same as you i play brilliant with dante and mediocre with nero i tend to use dante 90% of the time really need to work at getting better with nero problem for me is motivation as nero's combat doesn't excite me that much

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
great video man great use of combos btw i am the same as you i play brilliant with dante and mediocre with nero i tend to use dante 90% of the time really need to work at getting better with nero problem for me is motivation as nero's combat doesn't excite me that much

Hey thanks ^_^

For me it's not so much the motivation with Nero, I think some of his Calibur shenanigans are awesome and I find his D.T shots allow for decent flexibility and imagination.

It's just Dante has so many more techniques to practice and I feel that I'm no where near the stage I want to be with him yet. Whenever I play as Nero It tends to feel like I'm neglecting time I should be using to get better with Dante, if anyone plays any fighting games seriously it's a bit like when you play characters that aren't your main and you feel you could be improving with them instead.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ya i know what you mean exactly i think its just a case of practice til im good enough with nero that it becomes fun to experiment and chain big combos i tend to stick with the same character in fighting games too ha i need to try a different approach i think:)

Top Bottom