• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 anti petition. Support requested :)

evilweevle

Tony_Redgrave;81354 said:
x2

Vergil was their best villain from all the games

ah no i disagree i think that the jester was the best villain in the series so far, he had so many awesome lines in it such as "if you shoot me, ill die!" and it was genuinely sinister seeing him take out vergil, dante, and mary towards the end!

i can kinda agree with some of the things mentioned in the petetion against DMC4, such as the backtracking at the end which there was no need for at all, the simplifying of dantes styles, and also the lack of additional devil arms and ranged weapons, but that no way means i wont be buying number 5 when it comes out!

DMC3 is still the best IMO, but the success of DMC4 could be seen as a blessing, because up until now the DMC series has never really caught on apart from the hardcore, seeing DMC4 at number one in the charts was quite a surprise to me (a good one though)

the fact that DMC4 has done so well can surely only be a good thing because it means we get more of them!
i think if DMC4 had flopped it could have been the last nail in the coffin for dante and co.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
No, if DMC4 flopped it would have been the nail in the coffin for Nero cuz it be his fault. Honestly, if I knew everything I know now about DMC4, I probably wouldn't have bought it, just rented it, cus I can't even get into it when I try to play again, there's like, no replay value whatsoever. And ya know it doesn't even have to have replay value, I just can't get back into it, I personally find it boring kinda. (Don't kill me! ><)

For me DMC4 was one of those games I play, beat once, and forgot about it in the VG cabinet. The only time i've bring it back out is to play some of the cutscenes worth watching and to read info on bios and bosses to get more educated DMC-wise.

The first time I played it was incredible, but now when I try to play it again it's just... It kinda feels like another DMC3 with a different character and atmosphere. And with such a dissapointment in the storyline I don't have any inspiration to play it often.

Im sorry if it seems like im bashing the game, im not trying to offend any DMC4 or Nero lovers, but that's just how I feel about DMC4 most of the time.

Sparda™

evilweevle;85707 said:
ah no i disagree i think that the jester was the best villain in the series so far, he had so many awesome lines in it such as "if you shoot me, ill die!" and it was genuinely sinister seeing him take out vergil, dante, and mary towards the end!

Vergil is the best antagonist so far the series has had, and since he's the evil twin, he's even more astonishing than every other.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Jester wasn't the best villian in my opinion but he was funny though, he was the only one that could **** off Dante just like that. And red clad looks cute when he's angry. XD

evilweevle

Dante Aseroth;85724 said:
Vergil is the best antagonist so far the series has had, and since he's the evil twin, he's even more astonishing than every other.

hey i agree that vergil was awesome and he needs to be brought back in some form, but as far as laughs per minute goes, jester definatly wins hands down! he was just a really warped bad guy and one of the only people to be able to give dante a run for his money so effortlessly.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Well I wouldn't say that. Vergil was the one that gave Dante a hard time while he tossed Jester around like a doll even when he was losing his energy.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Guys chill a bit. First of all the thread was old, but since you seem so eager to discuss here I'll let it go.
Second there's no definite best. We all have different tastes and opinions. Some of us like Vergil, others Mundus, or as the kind fellow here Jester. I assume that there are others who share his thinking.

But when I said that Vergil is the best villain DMC has ever shown to us, I was obviously referring to my own opinion. ;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
To DA: Thanks. BTW Tony, sorry if it sounded like I was trying to argue, I wasn't. I also didn't realize how old the topic was. Sorry.

Top Bottom