• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC2 devil trigger Wishes

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
What do you want the DmC2 Devil Trigger to look/act like?

Personally, I want a monstrous form that seems bestial, but still human. Maybe something like the Berserk Ratman form:

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
I would like to see:
-Bright red eye effect.
-Deep echoed voice (like in DMC3 DT.)
- Black/see through wings. ( Same look used for angels in Supernatural.)
-Loose the gravity effect but keep the distorted enviroment look. Maybe when Dante goes DT have the weather drastically change. Throw in some lightning and wind effects.
-spiked white hair.
-Red veins.

I just want to feel the total change from badass demon killer to something that would cause an Arch Angel to take a step backward when activated.

Yeah, I really hope NT is secretly working on the sequel, I'd really love to see how they'd evolve Dante's DT, since the story already suggests that the more you use it the more it changes how you look, ie the white hair at the end. Also, slightly off-topic, anyone wonder what Vergil will look like in a possible NT DmC sequel, I mean because Vergil's downfall took place inside his head. So, there isn't any reason he would look like the corrupt vergil costume, I wonder if it'll be one of those things where he seems normal on the outside, but that's how he sees himself when he looks in the mirror.

IncarnatedDemon

Wouldn´t it be a retcon if he went into a beastial form?
Afterall in description it says "Devil trigger is a manifestation of Dante´s true power".
If he didn´t turn into a demon in first game, why would he do in the second? Plus whole point of white hair was like "Now he´s mastered his demonic power".

Afterall in description it says "Devil trigger is a manifestation of Dante´s true power".
If he didn´t turn into a demon in first game, why would he do in the second? Plus whole point of white hair was like "Now he´s mastered his demonic power".

He hasn't mastered his demonic power, there's nothing in the game that leads to that conclusion. I think you're nitpicking and reading into simple power descriptions on the back of game boxes or marketing material . But even so, I still don't know how you could interpret that description to mean that his true power can't evolve.

Devil Trigger is a manifestation of his true power does not translate into Devil trigger cannot grow or evolve in power.

As for the hair, I don't think you really understand the point of the white hair. The white hair had less to do with how he had mastered his powers, and more to do with how unrestricted DT abuse can corrupt/physically/psychologically alter the nephilim brothers. Heck, it was the main thematic idea behind Vergil's Downfall. So, because of this its natural to assume that if we were to continue Dante's DmC journey, we would begin to see more psychological (uncontrolled rage and anger) and physical side effects (white hair, demonic features) from his continued use of devil trigger.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Not really master, but more so "Gotten the hang of it". I agree though, I don't think he'll go full demon just like that.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
This DT and Berserk theme, if you will, has been popping up a lot around these parts
Z

heres a little plug for TwoXCross

it gives a good look at how Dante's DT could evolve into something more vicious

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/dmc-devil-may-cry-knockin-on-heavens-door.16635/

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Maby he hasn't unlocked his FULL DT... Looks like Rebellion and I gotta stab him again! XD

There was this talk between my friends and I that the longer you have your devil powers the more you start to get corrupt by them. That explains Vergil and perhaps that may happend to Dante but since he dosn't have dark revenge on his side he may also be influenced by his angel powers. Give him a devil trigger and angel trigger. Anything but the whole scream and launch you into the air deal. Make him look all corrupt but also give him some cool powers along with it.

Screaming and launching your enemies into the air sounds awsome! ... Untill you realize it's a little useless and if you're not good with air combos it can be a hassle. Maby different types of DT would be cool to mix around!

Top Bottom