• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

D'm'C

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
..................................................................​
"THIS IS IT SPARDA! SEAL HIM, NOW!!! FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY! SEAL HIM!"...
Then the fires rose all those years later. I was only eight years old.​
I was just a kid when it all happened. Too young to even remember.
But there is one person who knows something.​
That someone, is my brother.​
"Where is your brother now?..."
...​
"Dante?"
...​
Dante looked up. His eyes widened. Then he spoke.​
..."Nobody knows. He disappeared when the fire killed our mother. He blames our father for it."
"And what about you, Dante? Who do you blame?"...
Dante froze up on the spot. His eyes dashed to his wrist as he looked at his watch. Swiftly he examined the time. "Ah...Looks like our time is up for today" he said, grabbing his things.​
"Very well, Dante. Look after yourself, won't you?" came her worried voice.​
"I always do" Dante said, pulling his red coat over himself. The rain drops splattering onto the already drenched floor outside of the small building.​
He bumped into a little kid. "Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there fella".
The little boy looked up at Dante, as if he were some sort of alien. "It's, okay. It was my fault. I was running too fast" the boy replied.​
"Hey. It's fine" Dante reassured him. "What's the rush anyway?" he enquired.​
"I, can't really say" the boy said, nervously.​
Dante knelt down to the child's own height. "You can trust me" he said, looking into his eyes.​
As if tainted by demonic possession, he told Dante everything. Or what he thought was everything.​
"Hm..." Dante finally managed to bring himself to say. "You know nobody ever leaves the city" he added.​
"But I..." the boy stammered.​
"No..." Dante harshly replied..."I'll come with you" he said.​
"Thanks" the boy replied, gleefully.​
...............................................................................​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All over the vast metropolis, there were hidden cameras sprawled about in every given hiding place. In every nook and cranny. Scattered around in any single crevice. These cameras were society's watchful eyes. Ever vigilante.

The little boy, no older than about nine years of age. Dante, the demonic hybrid that he was, accompanying this more fragile being. "Where are we going?" Dante questioned, as the two had finally come to what looked like a dark never ending tunnel.

"I...can't go down there...But, it's my mother, she needs somebody's help" the boy began to sob.

"Huh?...Oh, right er, well don't worry about it kid" Dante reassured, plucking himself up. The boys ears caught on to what Dante was saying, closely listening. The boy looked up, sharply. "Will you, help me Dante?"...

Dante ratherly manly cleared his throat..."Uh, sure" he said..."I'll er, just be right back" he said, quite awkwardly. So he turned around, slamming his face into the darkness of the tunnel. He etched further into it. Eventually he couldn't see any more. Looking back through the tunnel, he could no longer see the little boy who needed his help. He could no longer see any light from any direction. He could no longer see his hands. All his feet knew were how to move forward, and that is what he did. Forever came rolling in, the tunnel never seemed to end. But, ever so slowly, a message was beginning to appear on the wall of the tunnel. It was a message purposely sent to Dante.

DANTE!!! I know all about you, DANTE! For years now I have watched you grow. I have nurtured you from the distance. I have matured you with my seeds of growth. Without me Dante, none of your achievements would mean a thing. This City, this World around you. You've been lied to, DANTE! Nobody is here to help you. Nobody is here to join you. I have bided my time to rebuild my power. To regain my empire. And very soon I will become the greatest success your World has ever seen.

"Who?!..."

QUESTIONS! ALWAYS QUESTIONS! Oh, why did my mother die? Why Dante? Because she needed to. She deserved it for what she did. Your father, a filthy traitor. Humans could never be trusted.

"What do you know about me?"

EVERYTHING!!!

"Huh...Alright, come out and show yourself" Dante threatened.

No no no. Not now. Not here. Not for me. For you? Perhaps I could make other arrangements...

The tunnel walls closed in, aggressively. Dante had little time, he needed to move forward. He jolted forward, bursting into an all out sprint. As fast as he could run before he was squashed like an insect. At the last moment he bolted out of the very end of the tunnel. At the opposite side that he had gone into. Now, the boy was ages away. Dante didn't know how to get back. He didn't even recognise the surroundings he was witnessing.

"Okay...This is new to me" he said to himself.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
He had fallen into another part of the city he was raised in since being a small child. The city he had lived in since his mother had died in the household fire all those years ago. And surely he was not alone; there was still someone out there he knew of it. He was thinking of his brother, Vergil.

Where he was he did not know, but he took a good old look at the place first before moving from the spot. It was his cautious nature kicking in that had always served him so loyally. The ground below him was dusty sand, and the odd small house or two he could see in the near distance. It was the sealed up tunnel that had just closed behind him not so long ago that he couldn’t make out.

"You look lost, stranger" came a woman's unexpected voice. A slender female figure moved slowly towards him. She was covered in black silk, it was draping over her body.

"The name's Victoria. What brings you to these parts of the city? Most usually wander here when they wish to die. These are their hunting grounds" she told him.

"These are whose hunting grounds? Uh, right...Let's just say that at this point my mind has totally ****ed off!" Dante laughed a little, hesitantly.

"Are you nervous to be here?" Victoria questioned him.

"How can I be nervous? I don't even know where here is!" Dante stated back.

She gave him a long hard presumptuous stare. "You seem troubled. Almost as if you’re lost slightly. You are fearful" she concluded. Dante shrugged these predicaments off. "Nah, not me" he replied, pretending to hide his feelings. However, Victoria could already read his thoughts. He must have really been that easy to figure out on a first glance.

"Alright, so I'm slightly worried, so what? Something good will turn out, right? I mean, you're here. Whatever good that'll do me" he finally managed to say after a brief moment of silence. And with the silence now broken by those words, she wandered over towards him again and leaned over to whisper in his ear, "It's not me you'll need when they come for you, Dante", she said and she pointed towards his holstered guns. He was taken back by the fact that she knew his name and then she simply vanished into thin air and the ground began to shake uncontrollably underneath his feet.

And then these bulky demonic beasts broke loose from shackles that had previously held them in place. It all happened so quickly he hardly had time to count how many. There was at least four of them or perhaps maybe even five. These creatures had big powerful muscles and dark bodies, and their veins were pulsating vigorously. Their protruding deadly sharp horns from atop of their heads would surely penetrate through flesh with a single touch. And their scorching red hot eyes glared violently towards where Dante was standing, as if they were already assaulting him in their minds.

Dante was ill prepared. He had no sword; he only had his trusty guns. But he couldn't be so sure that Ebony and Ivory's fire power would even be enough. He couldn't see it being a match for these demons that were already seeking his blood. Nonetheless he stood his ground as always, he could do nothing else. He couldn't run away, he would never back down. There were five of them in total, but he wouldn't flee, even as the demons surrounded him in their small numbers.

The demons gave him little time to prepare, they never seemed to, as they all charged forward directly at him. Dante left it until the last second before propelling himself up into the air. This led the demons below to hurtle into each other, which slightly dazed them. Then from above he opened fire on the small group with his handy firearms, before landing back down to the ground only several feet away from one of them. Merely seconds after landing one of the demons had already began to turn around and once more raced in his direction. “What I wouldn’t kill for a little peace once in a while” Dante said, blasting the demon scum straight in the face which was strong enough to knock it back onto its two back feet before he landed an almighty kick that seemed to break the demon’s neck.

The other enemies were regrouping themselves and sticking to attacking in numbers rather than taking him on singlehandedly. Now Dante forced his own self to reconsider his battle strategy, which concluded with him taking the high ground. He leapt up onto the balcony of one of the nearby houses and from there he fired concentrated shots that pierced the skin of his enemies that were still running around in anger on the dusty ground. However, this was simply not enough to take them all on; he needed something else in his arsenal. Strangely however something was instinctively burning deep within him. This almost overwhelming feeling urged him to leave the balcony and to wander into the master bedroom of the house where he found a sword fixed onto a wall fixture.

“Decorative and deadly, this’ll do nicely” he claimed, ripping the sword off from the fixture and admiring the sharpness and quality of the blade. Unfortunately Ebony and Ivory were put away back into their respective holsters. Although Dante hadn’t really been thinking at the time that he was only in the safeness of a small house, which even a burglar could break into if they wanted to. That’s when he heard a loud crash which was basically the front door that had just been smashed in, and the extremely increasing volume of the thundering footsteps hammering their way up the stairs until the broke down the bedroom door with mere ease.

The large demon to first enter the room with his grotesquely huge biceps with accompanying veins that seemed like they wanted to rip out of the skin they were inside of was angered severely to find that Dante was not inside the room.

“He’s not here!” the demon cried out, smashing his fist against the thin bedroom wall which caused it to crumble down instantaneously, And after some minor searching of the premises the demons scurried away from the scene when they could no longer figure out Dante’s whereabouts.

“Well, that was a close shave” Dante sighed with a small feeling of relief.

“You owe me one, Dante” Victoria replied, having been the means for Dante’s escape.

“Yeah, I’ll think about that one” he replied, before kicking his feet up on the bed. She gave him a resentful look. “I saved your bacon” she stated, “So you owe me one” she added. Dante sat up on the bed and began to mock her unexpectedly. “You see I had it all under control until you came in and muttered some of your hocus pocus, lady” he said, somewhat sexist.

“Okay Dante, I believe you. However I have to warn you, that was just the beginning. There will be plenty more demons to face other than the ones you came across today. And not just any demons, but Mundus’ own personal army. His finest selection” Victoria caringly warned him.

“So what you’re saying is that Mundus’ has put on a show and I’m the centre piece?” he remarked with his usual lack of seriousness. Victoria slapped her hand to her forehead. “I can see already that working with you is going to be more trouble than it’s probably worth. You just get some rest for the road ahead of you if you ever want to get back home".

Last edited:

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Good development! I like the fact that each chapter is controlled, holding only a specific amount of information as it's a lot to take in at once.
I also like how well you've portrayed Dante here. It's not easy to understand a character so well that it allows for the reader to actually imagine them doing what the writer intends them to in words, but you've achieved this. Well done, can't wait for updates! ^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
And as it were night time came rolling in. This devil hunter seeking some form of an answer as to his history was softly sleeping. The gentle crackle of the fire a soothing, comforting sound. Yet mysteriously unknown to him a manipulative force forged by the very dark of the night was ready to casually slip inside Dante's sub conscience whilst he blissfully rested his head.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
A darkness that wouldn't hesitate but to plug two bullets into Dante's head and have done with it.

Dante continued to dream. Well, it was more or less a nightmare, rather than a dream. He found himself back to where he had been yesterday, inside that dark tunnel.

The words on the walls were oozing out blood. Dante's eyes widened in horror as the blood continued to splatter around him, soaking the floor underneath him. "No...this isn't right" Dante said, petrified. He went to turn away to leave but jumped out of his skin when he bumped into the little boy again. He was staring at the ground, not Dante. "You...you shouldn't be here...it's dangerous" Dante warned the kid. The child slowly moved his head upwards to face Dante, revealing that his eyes were bright red and his face was covered in blood.

Dante stepped back a few steps in disgust at the horrible sight.

"Who are you?" the boy asked, in a much older voice than a little boy's.

Dante was still in shock, so he didn't answer, until the boy asked him again.

"Who are you?".

"My name...my name is...Dante".

The little boy's eyes grew brighter, illuminating the entire tunnel. Shadows came into form from the tunnel walls, they grabbed ahold of Dante. He tried to wriggle free, but he couldn't. The boy was gradually making his way towards Dante who was trapped on the spot.

Right when he needed it most, the engine of a motorbike echoed throughout the tunnel as a speeding bike shot into view, bullets firing everywhere around Dante who was lifted up by a hand where he landed down on the back of the bike that sped away.

The whole scene faded out to black, Dante threw himself up out of bed, in a vigorous sweat. He was greeted by Victoria who was already stood up, fully dressed. "You told them your name. We need to leave. Right now" she said, throwing him his trousers.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Wow, you're a good story writer LoD, honestly felt like reading a novel, the editing is easy to read especially the opening.. you're hard on the outside but something something cadbury on the inside, lmao..

do finish this and i will ask your permission to print it so i could read on my mood time --at work.. i could really learn a lot of writing from you..

some underworld lord you are, having the time to write..

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante, who was now just sat up on the bed, stared at Victoria with a clueless expression drawn on his face. "Right, so I have a little bad dream and we have to up and leave. Makes perfect sense to me" he fired out his typical overbearing sarcastic nature. Victoria looked as if she had already anticipated a reply such as this, as she tried her best not to roll her eyes.

"Wow, you're just like..." she began to say before stopping herself from carrying on speaking.

Dante still sat there awaited the rest of the sentence. Though when he realised only seconds later she had cut her sentence short he prompted her to continue. "Well, go on".

She briefly hesitated until deciding to say, or as it would seem she did. "You're just like a kid, at times" she laughed, a touch forced.

Dante shrugged his eyebrows, "Yeah, whatever. Anyway, what's the big hurry to go so soon? And more to the point, where would we go? It's the middle of the night. And my boots fancy a rest anyways" he said, slumping back down in the bed and chucking the covers over himself.

They stayed on top of him for a few seconds before she yanked them off onto the floor.

"GET UP!" she demanded, almost as if she was assuming the role of strict mother figure.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
nice going, making readers guessing who this victoria is, i'd like to guess but.. please continue LoD, and what demonslayer6 said is so true, it's not easy to make the readers experience what is written.. i don't read many novels, cause i'm selective to themes i like, and the amount of them are scarce here, neil gaiman's neverwhere and john harwood's ghost writer did that for me, i experienced their writings.. plus, your writings are in english, not my native language and i digest them easily, tried imported books one and they gave me amnesias that i need to go back thru pages again..

i'm being suspicious, if you're not a professional writer, well you should be..

and please don't let my compliments bother you, since it really could at most cases, i just love giving them if i feel them praise-worthy.. it's my nature

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"Look lady, this relationship between you and me isn't going to work out very well if you don't let me get my rest, okay?".

Around about that time alot of sound was coming from nearby the small house, getting closer and closer.

This prompted Dante to sit up. "I see now I've got your attention" Victoria said. Dante didn't answer her, but instead remained quiet. She expected a smartass reply from him or a stupid facial expression, but got nothing. He was sat up, alert and just staring at the window with hatred in his eyes. It was right then where she truly thought she had seen a tear trickle down his face, that fire had smashed the glass window and ignited the bedroom. Even still, he didn't flinch. Victoria ran over to him as the flames grew and began to spread around the room, circling around them both. She was coughing.

"Here, take my hand, lets go" she spluttered out. Then the next second, she was gone. And the ceiling of the house collapsed onto where she had just been. She was now somewhere else, away from the attackers. They were safe, or at least she was.

"Dante?". She looked around on the spot anticipating where he might have landed when the transversal had happened, he couldn't be seen.

Dante hadn't gone with her, he had chosen to stay in the burning house that was collapsing around him. He pushed bits of rubble off of him and shot up to his feet. He wasn't fully dressed having never bothered to whack his trousers on when Victoria had chucked them to him. The trousers were hastily snatched up and as he made his way out of the room as fast as he could manage, attempting to put them on at the same time, only resulting in him hopping along with only one leg in them and almost falling over in the process.

Reaching the staircase he made for his descent, flames blazing and bringing down everything around him. Finally bursting through the front door, the house was ablaze like a gigantic inferno.

Standing out of the way at a safe distance, Dante brushed dirt off himself and looked around to see what had caused the fire.

Demons. He should've known he thought to himself. Nothing Ebony and Ivory couldn't handle, so he assumed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom