• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Vergil Moveset vs DMC4: SE Vergil Moveset comparison?

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
I saw a video a while ago comparing DmC's Vergils moveset to DMC 3: SE Vergils moveset and thought they were interesting to look at...however how well will DMC 4: SE Vergils moveset fair with DmC's version?

Here's the video of the first DmC vs DMC 3: SE comparison...

Thing is how DMC 4: SE version fair with DmC's version or are there no differences?

PS...This is no flame war or anything just moveset comparisons that's all so please no fighting here.

Thank you

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Man I think this is a non-question. DMC4 Vergil's got 3 weapons each with awesome moves, while DmC Vergil's only got Yamato.

DmC Vergil wins over DMC3 (although I find DMC3 Vergil's animations cooler looking) cause he's got a more extensive moveset, but there's no contest against DMC4 Vergil.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Man I think this is a non-question. DMC4 Vergil's got 3 weapons each with awesome moves, while DmC Vergil's only got Yamato.

DmC Vergil wins over DMC3 (although I find DMC3 Vergil's animations cooler looking) cause he's got a more extensive moveset, but there's no contest against DMC4 Vergil.

I understand that but I'm just curious as to how the comparison between both characters movesets compare such as DMC 4: SE Vergil has some of his animations transfered to DmC's Vergil...just looking at the animation between them leaves me with the inclination that there's still differences between them that's all.

This thread's starting to turn a bit bland and doesn't seem to be going anywhere right now...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well of course there's a difference. DMC4: SE's Vergil has not only more weapons, but also faster movement when combining all weapons.

DmC: DE's Vergil only had yamato and the angel/demon forms.

It's like this thread was meant to make DmC's Vergil inferior. Not saying that was the intention, but...

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
there's no contest against DMC4 Vergil.
That tends to happen when you can pull off an infinite Lunar Phase + Air Trick cancel.
minkPNx.png

As for this thread, DmC vergil easily dominates DMC3 - a considerably more extensive moveset, and a far more useful iteration of summon swords. DMC4SE Vergil on the other hand is essentially like the best of both worlds.

Though, DmC's Vergil does have one thing going for him - that Doppelganger. It gives pretty much all of his combos a bit more of a tactical flair that DMC3's and 4's lack. I honestly kinda wish they somehow implemented that in DMC4, but I know it wouldn't make much sense.

Or, at least as much sense as Vergil wielding Beowulf before entering Temen Ni Gru...

By the way, did anyone read the comments on that video? I sometimes want to commit mass culling against this entire ****ing fanbase.... T_T

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Or, at least as much sense as Vergil wielding Beowulf before entering Temen Ni Gru...

That's just for gameplay purposes. They did state that the possession of weapons Vergil has in DMC4 is not canon. So it's not an issue.

But they couldn't give him Doppleganger cause that's not like giving him a weapon he's not supposed to have. That would modify the lore.

In DmC, Vergil is established to have the power to summon a Doppleganger so they went for it.
In DMC, Vergil was shown to have the skill of slaughtering a mass of demons in lightning speed without them even noticing so they went for it.

In each game they tried to translate the abilities of each of them in the gameplay as well.

Vergil Crosse

DMC4:SE Vergil has more moves at his disposal. The addition of some of those moves being usable in the air furthers that gap. However, I would say that there are a few moves from DmC Vergil that I would have liked seeing incorporated, such as the Aerial Flush, Drive, and Stomp. The new sword rain is... amazing. :D

Top Bottom