• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Training - Wish it was better

ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR.com - Gaming on 3 30 Inch Monitors!
Beat DmC and now I'm playing it on Son of Sparda difficulty.

I like the combat/combos very much and that's what makes me play the game. The "Training" section I feel is quite weak with just one training dummy that doesn't fight back. I wish it was more like Tekken where you can set the CPU difficulty and just practice all your combos/moves and even choose your opponent (a la God of War 3 Combat Arena).

Any chance Ninja Theory might implement this? What are your thoughts?

Nick Thornton

This is also a huge disappointment for me, also, when you're doing air combos you have no idea how far off the ground you are. You will be able to do something like this when bloody palace comes out next week.

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
If you're in the air juggling you're basically invincible. You can do it infinitely. Just practise the technique while playing through on SoS. You'll find DMD and even Hell and Hell a breeze (I sure did).

If you don't know what it is, it's roughly:
1. Launch (hard depending on the enemy, but you can even launch Tyrants (after Demon pull, when they are running/jumping) and those saw thingies (when they recharge saws) with fully charged Eryx Uppercut)
2. Aquila Aerial Buy-In
3. Osiris Double Up/Any other aerial combo
4. Angel Lift
5. Eryx Stomp (fully charged)
Repeat 2 if needed, jump cancel, etc.
Throw in a few gun specials, or anything you want

This won't necessarily be the most entertaining way but it's quite OP and it works.
Another tip: Aquila Roundtrip an enemy followed by Trinity Smash = OP

Nick Thornton

If you're in the air juggling you're basically invincible. You can do it infinitely. Just practise the technique while playing through on SoS. You'll find DMD and even Hell and Hell a breeze (I sure did).

If you don't know what it is, it's roughly:
1. Launch (hard depending on the enemy, but you can even launch Tyrants (after Demon pull, when they are running/jumping) and those saw thingies (when they recharge saws) with fully charged Eryx Uppercut)
2. Aquila Aerial Buy-In
3. Osiris Double Up/Any other aerial combo
4. Angel Lift
5. Eryx Stomp (fully charged)
Repeat 2 if needed, jump cancel, etc.
Throw in a few gun specials, or anything you want

This won't necessarily be the most entertaining way but it's quite OP and it works.
Another tip: Aquila Roundtrip an enemy followed by Trinity Smash = OP

I've been practicing combos on level 11 which is great for that. But what I meant by not seeing the ground is in the training game, it's all white so you can't see the floor, which is a pain in my ass. But you are right the trinity smash is way overpowered

Top Bottom