• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(DMC) To love and to lose.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The lost ones. Either those of us who are away from the ones we love, or the things we love. Or those who are so lost that they never knew how to be placed to begin with.The ones that never knew how to fit in with the rest of society. Uncomfortable at times in their own skin because they don't know how to fit in or be any different. Lost because they may feel like they want to be different. But nobody around them understands how they feel. It makes them feel lost and distant from the world that surrounds them daily.

Then there are the lost ones in our life. Those that we knew for maybe a short while, or a long time. And sometimes there are differences between these definitions of lost. To some people it may be a good thing for someone to be lost. Whether only briefly or perhaps for eternity. And to others, it may be the worst thing imaginable. Someone so lost, they won't ever return again. And the life of a loved one left behind, can feel just as lost as the one who has departed. Sometimes those sentimental possessions left behind can mean the World to some of us. And when these things are also lost, we can feel somewhat detached with our minds. Things that can become lost can effect us in the way that it can make us feel lost from our true selves, mentally. Possessions can have stories behind them. Maybe even memories. And memories can be terrible, when they themselves are lost from us.

Whichever way we think about it, lost is hardly ever deemed as being a good word. In most cases, those that are lost, will forever yearn to be found once again. And those things that are lost, will yearn to be returned to their rightful places or to their rightful owners.

We feel lost right now. Trapped in our own skins because of it. Lost and stranded and all alone. In a World that doesn't understand itself.

"I'm so lost right now. My heart feels colder than ice. I don't understand what I'm meant to feel any more. I don't understand what is happening to me any more. I wish I knew. I wish I could do something about it. Who am I kidding? Talking to you when you can't even hear me...Ah, I don't know. What's the use? I'm useless anyway"...

"Stop kicking yourself down all the time". A reassuring voice enters.

"What do you know anyway? You're always in my mind. I just don't get why you don't ever leave me alone! Always tormenting me over and over again. JUST GO AWAY!!".

"As you wish". The voice leaves the man's mind, like a door closing.

"No wait...I, I didn't mean it, really! COME BACK! You can't just leave me here, all on my own...I'll be lost". But this time the voice does not respond. This time there are no reassuring words. The door that was shut behind, was locked as well.

"I can't just keep blaming myself for what happened to this place. For what I have done here. If only I knew where to go from here". The answer came shortly after. The large glass window that allowed the sun's natural light crumbled like a vase dropping to the ground.

"Ahh...What the?...".

"You're seeking answers, I assume?" came a silver haired man's voice.

"Who? What? How do you know about this place? This place is lost from the rest of the World. How did you get here?" the man was ever so curious about this surprise intrusion.

"This is my job. I wouldn't be the best if I didn't know about these things now, would I?" the stranger answered.

"This can't be your business".

"My friend, this IS my business" the stranger drew closer to the man. "Our World is hidden in secrecy from your own. We are all but lost down here".

"Far from lost. Just trapped".

"What is your name?".

"Hm, I'm always asked this. Everyone is always so curious".

"You did give off the means to be curious" the man responded.

"Dante, my name is Dante. Come on, let's get going. I heard there was a big bad wolf in town killing all of your people. I think we'll go pay him a nice visit".

"Are you crazy Dante. We'll be massacred".

"I very much doubt that" Dante answered, with sheer confidence.

I'll continue this soon, I haven't quite finished.

Top Bottom