• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I am trying to hammer out a timeline, and I want to know what you guys think.

Well I decided that since the first game came out in 2001 I was just going to make that the year for DMC1.

DMC1 = 2001

Now the war between the realms of light dark took place over 2 millenia (2000 yrs) ago wich puts it roughly at 1 AD well maybe between 1 BC and 1 AD.

Sparda defeats mundus = 1 AD

DMC1 = 2001

Now it is common knowledge that Dante was 19 in DMC3 well after a lot of google searching I read a few times that DMC4 takes place 10 years after DMC3. Making him 29.

DMC3 = ???? Dante age 19

DMC1 = 2001 Dante age ??

DMC4 = ???? Dante age 29

Simple math fills in the rest save for the Dante's age in DMC 1 which I completely ball parked.

DMC3 = 1995 Dante age 19

DMC1 = 2001 Dante age 25

DMC4 = 2005 Dante age 29

Now Iv'e heard that the manga takes place 1 year before dmc 3 so the year and age are accounted for.

DMC Manga = 1994 dante age 18

DMC3 = 1995 Dante age 19

DMC1 = 2001 Dante age 25

DMC4 = 2005 Dante age 29

Dante is 8 when his mom was killed so more easy math for that. And the rest just fills itself in. including Dob for Dante and Vergil.

We also can't forget the fact that Sparads returned to the human world during the twentieth century which is between Jan.1, 1901 and Dec.31 2000.

However he cannot return after Dante & Vergil are born so the time span is changed to between 1901 and 1975.

Sparda meets and falls in love with eva = somewhere between 1901 and 1975
(Although they probably didn't meet during 1901)

Dante & Vergil born = 1976

Sparda leaves or dies or w/e = ????

Eva dies = 1984 Dante age 8

Dante meets Enzo and starts shop = ????

DMC Manga = 1994 Dante age 18

DMC3 = 1995 Dante age 19

DMC1 = 2001 Dante age 25

DMC4 = 2005 Dante age 29

DMC2 = Who cares.

So Our final product is.

Between 1 BC and 1 AD: War on Humans, Sparda kills Mundus, Sparda rules over humans then shortly after disappears

between 1901 - 1975: Sparda returns, falls in love w/ Eva

1976 - Dante and Vergil Born

???? - Sparda leaves or dies...or whatever...

1984 - Eva killed, Dante Age 8

???? - Dante meets Enzo and starts shop

1994 - DMC manga Dante age 18

1995 - DMC 3 Dante age 19

2001 - DMC 1 Dante age 25

2005 - DMC 4 Dante age 29

DMC2...who gives a sh*t

PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE THIS AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE!!! ANY SORT OF CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, Dante was 28 in DMC1, actually, and DMC4 is between a year to two afterwards. In fact, Kobiyashi actually said "about ten years", which means it's in that ballpark range, give or take a year or two. Being that it was also said Dante was in his 30s for DMC4, that puts it as about actually eleven to twelve years after DMC3. This is known because dante was 8 whet Eva was murdered, which was twenty years before DMC1, and Dante was 19 in DMC3, placing that eleven years later, since the manga was a year before in timeline, and that was ten years after the murder. Since DMC4 is supposed to be around ten years later, which is still in that range of 29 to 30 for Dante's age in DMC4, that puts, in your listing, dmc3 manga in 1990/91, dcm3 in 1991/92, dmc1 in 2001, and dmc4 would be in 2002 or 2003. As well, Anime is between DMC1 and DMC4, so...that puts about that gap to six months to a year later for that timeline placement before DMC4 happens.

And if you wann'a include the first novel, which has NOT been officially stated as non-canon by ANYone from capcom, and Kamiya, the original DMC creator, has stated the novel as canon, that would occur within a year before the manga, putting Dante around 17 when he was last Tony Redgrave.

Sparda™

Year 0 - Sparda defeats Mundus and seals off the Temen-ni-gru.

Months later - Sparda seals the True Hell Gate in Fortuna with Yamato.

20th Century - Sparda meets Eva and falls in love with her. Dante and Vergil are born.

Some time later, after the 9th b-day of Dante & Vergil, Eva is killed. Sparda has disappeared.

10 years later, at age 19, Dante and Vergil are reunited.(DMC3)

Dante meets Trish and defeats Mundus, 6-7 years after Arkham's defeat. (DMC1)

At age 28, Dante goes to Fortuna.(DMC4)

Generally, the Devil May Cry storyline is screwed up...:lol:

Zato-OW

King
What I don't understand is. It clearly says Lady has been helping Dante from DMC3 up until DMC4. Just doesn't make sense. Lady is one of Dante's main source of income and or assigned missions even though she always cheats him. But for her and Trish to never meet up until the Anime makes me believe DMC1 is only about 5 years after DMC3 making Dante around the age of 24 or so and DMC4 is 4 years after DMC1 making Dante 28-29. Then the anime has to be set a few years after DMC1 with Lady meeting Trish for the first time. Forget it this is too jacked up.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It does get messed up the more that the DMC team keeps adding stuff without much real care for how everything really fits. Japanese storytelling is really like that; what's dramatic and enticing is more important than continuity or logic. But DMC anime does take place within a year after DMC1, and DMC4 is not that long after, and since DMC1 established itself as twenty years after Eva's murder, where Dante was 8 years old, Dante was 28 in DMC1, and thus 29 to 30 in DMC4, not 24 in DMC1. Your statement has some big holes, since...where is it said that Lady was ALWAYS helping Dante? The Anime implies that they really don't keep in touch much except when she wants to harass him for money or has a job she, being human, cannot handle. That doesn't happen often.

I also fail to see how having a four year gap between DMC1 and the anime makes it more likely that Trish and Lady would not meet. More time between the two time frames in fact makes it more likely they would have run into each other previous to the anime, while a span of a few months to maybe a year between DMC1 and the anime...not much chance, especially if Trish left the shop within a few months to go on the road.

And again I must correct Sparda(tm) on the age. The stated age for Dante and Vergil when Eva was murder was 8, not 9. DMC3 Manga was ten years later, and DMC3 one year later. You keep saying that Dante was 19 in DMC3 and quoting Kobiyashi that DMC4 is about ten years later, but then you keep saying Dante is 28. That's only nine years, and conflicts your own statements. Dante was 28 in DMC1, 29 to 30 in DMC4

Zato-OW

King
Well Trish saying to Dante"I've been telling you for years to lay off the pizza" in Episode 4. WTF????

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dub only line actually, I went back and checked the original japanese dialogue, there's no mention at all of her saying "for years". In fact, even in the subtitles, she says something more along the lines of "I keep telling you lay off the pizza." I actually noticed it while watching the series again, so I think it was meant as an exaggeration. That or the timeline placement of the anime wasn't determined at that point, Capcom did tell Madhouse to be ambiguous as to how long after DMC1 it had been.

In fact, in episode 1, Sid makes mention of the recent power gap with the King of the Underworld being defeated and the four most powerful devils fighting each other to fill that void. If it were years later, that wouldn't be so recent. Hence, storyline events trump exaggeration and dub only ADR. If it had been done in english first, like the games are done, then that would be a different story, and then we'd have to figure out "okay, Capcom says this, but the anime quoted that."

Then again, Capcom trumps anime, so...they say within two years between DMC1 and DMC4, it's within two years, and we assume Trish was just exaggerating to make a point.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Thank you all very much for the help guys. :) I kinda figured this would be a thread people would overlook. :lol: Again, thanks. ;)

But do you think I'm working this out right? or should I start over from a different point? Where would you guys start?

aka958

Don't trust people
who is enzo? and what manga? is the game based on the story after the manga? or did they create the game before the manga? why didn't you write where the anime was in? where do you get all this from? how can you even bare searching for every detail?! my head is sorrounded by questions after reading this thread. makes me curious. rep+

The Da3dra

Master Of War
aka958;151937 said:
who is enzo?
Youl'd think it wouldn't be that hard to find a picture of him on google but it was. he is the dark haired guy pulling on his pants.
devil-may-cry-3-manga.jpg

Here is the DMC Wiki about him

aka958;151937 said:
what manga?
These Manga...this is a link to their wiki artical
images
images

aka958;151937 said:
is the game based on the story after the manga? or did they create the game before the manga?
the manga is based on the game but the game came first.
Sorta like Halo came first then they made The Fall Of Reach Novel as a prequel.

aka958;151937 said:
why didn't you write where the anime was in?
I totally forgot about it sorry :lol:

aka958;151937 said:
where do you get all this from?
My head...seriously.

aka958;151937 said:
how can you even bare searching for every detail?!
Well like I said I got all the info from my head; if I had looked it all up it would have been because I have no life. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom