• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
it would be a good idea to incorporate aspects from the first DMC light novel because other than the age difference it would be a better prequel to DMC3 than the manga because it didn't give me any info that i didnt know before. But the lady subplot from the manga should be the storyline for lady if she is in the game

UZUDAE

if u looks frame by frame at 39:00 it looks like old Dante...maybe its my mind playin tricks...
and the guns shots at 55:00 are purple indicating sparda...

Oh wow, this is a really impressive catch. Yes the generic color of all the charged attacks Dante uses is purple (including his aura when he uses Devil Trigger) but we don't know if that's specifically because he IS Dante.

So maybe this really does mean that this really IS Dante? Or at least one of his descendants?

Though from what NT has to say on the subject, its a total reboot. Same storyline, but retold with a different setting and with details added/dropped from the story.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
just realized something that may interest those naysayers in the matter of DmC.....

It's not a bad thing if this is a reboot...it will explain Dante's origins..now before you all start ganging up on me about how Dante has origins because he's the son of Sparda and has a brother and whatnot, let me just say a few words...

Throughout the entire Devil May Cry series, we have known NOTHING about the actual existence of Sparda. It is a LEGEND. Yes Vergil has a sword that he remembers his father giving him. So what? In case you haven't noticed, memories are VERY easily manipulated. Every time Sparda is mentioned in the game, there is always reference to the Legend. Vergil could very well have a delusion that he is the son of some legendary knight, much like Genesis did in Crisis Core. Therefore, it would make sense that Dante's power was the outcome of some experiment, that the demons are the results of the very same. It all would make a LOT of sense. It's a good twist to a series. Happens all the time in the movies and we don't hear many complaints with that. How do you know what you truly know?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dude this is a pretty good idea but i think it might be easier just to show who Sparda was when he was alive. The twist you're talking about is a interesting one but one not needed.

Sone

DUST TO DUST
Let's finish this talks like is this Dante or not so listen me now...Watch this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_pf-wpLI9o in HD or FULL HD and you must be precise to stop traler on 1:17 and on top of paper with human brain on it you will see in right side name DANTE, you actually must stop without Blur to see it in true light !!!

Sone

DUST TO DUST
Actually it's between 1:16 and 1:17 -_- lol you must stop it fast so even Dante can't see ^_^

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's a pretty interesting idea you brought up there "GamblingGambitCloud." That would be interesting to see. Thou I hope that's not the case because I like the story as it is where Dante, Virgil, are half human and demon and are the sons of Sparda. And than of course there is Nero who is a desendent of Sparda. But anyway I don't know what to make of this game. I wonder what there going to do to Dante.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know now that I watch the trailer I saw what Sone was talking about, their is a paper that says "Dante" and its a report, he is in the ward due to vandolism. So It seems like his demon hunting raids have got him locked up because he is using and destroying propertiy while doing it. The trailer almost gives you the impression that Dante is fighting these demons but when the authorites come to investigate the disruption they only find Dante amoungest this ruin with no demons around. (Maybe they disappeared before the authorites got there) So when Dante tells them he was fighting demons they don't believe him and think he is crazy. Maybe this DMC game leads the way for the world to see that demons do exist and that Dante is the son of Sparda the demon who once saved them but they forgot about him and think of it as just a legend. Now that would be a great prequal to the whole DMC series. This game could still lead into DMC3,1,4 and 2. Also I saw Dante's hair turning whiter and whiter during his battles. Maybe Capcom hasn't let us down but perhaps have a great story behind all this. :D

Ainde

World Saviour
I have absolutely no idea of who he is, but come on! Dmc didnt need a reboot =S, Capcon didnt even explain what was going on with Nero! that kind of annoys me.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks everyone for liking me theory. :) I mean if they did something like that than that would be a cool story line. And lol Ainde you agreed to your own reply lol funny.

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Ainde;296417 said:
I have absolutely no idea of who he is, but come on! Dmc didnt need a reboot =S, Capcon didnt even explain what was going on with Nero! that kind of annoys me.

awhile ago when all the hate started the franchises creator tweeted that nero's vergil's son.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
But Nero isn't Vergil's son. Whoever said that didn't have a clue what he was talking about. For Nero to be Vergil's son... Well, Vergil is 18 in DMC3 and I highly doubt he had a child then, and I also highly doubt he had a child while corrupted as Nelo Angelo.

But that's totally off topic.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Good catch on Dante's records saying he is a "perpetrator" fon. I didn't catch that. That kinda better proves that my theory is right lol jk. (Quick side note: as for who Nero really is I'm going to use the DMC4 video game to stake my claims. Dante says to Nero: "We're the same...you and...I...and them..." So Nero is part demon. Sanctus is quoted saying; "You have indeed INHERITED Sparda's power." Dante says to Nero about Yamato; "...I can’t have something of that kinda power floating around now, can I? It’s got to stay in the family." After Nero tells Dante that he needs Yamato, Dante replys; "Then keep it...." Why would Dante let Nero keep Yamato after he made a speech about how Yamato had to "STAY IN THE FAMILY?" Sanctus is quoted saying, "...Still, I must salute a man who carries the blood Sparda..." Sanctus used Nero to power the Savior something that only the sword Sparda and a blood relative of Sparda could do. If Nero didn't come from Sparda's blood line/family tree how could Sanctus use Nero to power the Savior? Sanctus than says "...When your blood and this sword are combined, we will be able to proceed to the final stage of our ultimate goal...." Sanctus had Agnus use the Yamato stained with Nero's blood to open the true hell gate. Sparda used his power, blood and a human's blood to close the Temen-ni-gru; so perhaps Sparda did a similar ritual for the hell gate in fortuna. Notice Vergil and Dante's blood and Lady's blood was used to open the Temen-ni-gru as well. Nero is of Sparda;s blood line/family tree. Sanctus says this to Trish, "...Unfortunately you did not anticipate a descendant of Sparda’s blood..." So Nero is a half human half demon, he's inherited Sparda's power, Nero carries within himself Sparda's blood, he is a descendant of Sparda's blood. Dante allowed him to use Yamato although he said it should stay in the family, and Sanctus used Nero's body and blood to power the Savior and open the hell Gate. I'm NOT saying Nero is Vergil's son but I am saying that Nero is of Sparda's blood line/family tree.) Why are people so bothered that Nero is of Sparda's blood line/family tree? I personally think that's freaken awesome! But this new DMC game could have a good story line that ties it in with the rest of the series. :lol::)

Top Bottom