• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Spinoff Idea: "DMC: Battle with the Laguna"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is an idea of mine which is set after 4, but before 2. Sorry for those of you who like his 3/4 personality, but Dante will have his 1 personality in this game. BTW, this is a crossover with Bayonetta, cuz the idea's been floating around in my head for a while and I just couldn't let it rot.

Anyway, the plot is as follows...

Dante is on an odd job when he sees a group of angels. Thinking they're just some group of glorified demons, he attacks them. He learns where the most of them are holed up and works his way there, fighting the Cardinal Virtues along the way. Once he gets there and fights his way through (fighting the weaker versions of the Virtues along the way, Courage, Temperance, Justice, and Prudence), he confronts the Virtues again, who demand judgment on him. He asks why the heck they'd be so high and mighty when they reveal that they are angels. Dante doesn't buy it at first, but after some prodding, he believes them. At that moment, Bayonetta arrives with a group of demons and the second part of Dante's mission begins. To defeat Bayonetta. He amasses an army and follows Bayonetta through several locations, and ends up facing her a couple more times.

Once their armies have clashed, the chase is over. Dante and Bayonetta face off in a climactic battle (the PC is different depending on who's disk you're playing). After which, the demon army suddenly turns on Bayonetta. Mundus appears, laughing and commenting that Bayonetta was a good pawn to help mass an army to keep the human world under his thumb, and that he'd made a few deals with disgruntled angels. He shows what he means after he spies Dante: He releases a horde of corrupted angels. And thus, the third disk of the game begins, the endgame, where you choose between Dante and Bayonetta to play as.

Now, I'm thinking there would be 30 missions for the first two disks, and then 10 for the last, as it's just an all out siege on the underworld itself. Also, a fourth disk for bonus material, like Bloody Palace, a co-op Bloody Palace, level creator (you unlock enemy and environmental packs for beating missions) and training mode.

So, anyone wanna help? It took me a while to type all that out and I don't want it to go to waste. :p

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
This is an idea of mine which is set after 4, but before 2. Sorry for those of you who like his 3/4 personality, but Dante will have his 1 personality in this game. BTW, this is a crossover with Bayonetta, cuz the idea's been floating around in my head for a while and I just couldn't let it rot.

Anyway, the plot is as follows...

Dante is on an odd job when he sees a group of angels. Thinking they're just some group of glorified demons, he attacks them. He learns where the most of them are holed up and works his way there, fighting the Cardinal Virtues along the way. Once he gets there and fights his way through (fighting the weaker versions of the Virtues along the way, Courage, Temperance, Justice, and Prudence), he confronts the Virtues again, who demand judgment on him. He asks why the heck they'd be so high and mighty when they reveal that they are angels. Dante doesn't buy it at first, but after some prodding, he believes them. At that moment, Bayonetta arrives with a group of demons and the second part of Dante's mission begins. To defeat Bayonetta. He amasses an army and follows Bayonetta through several locations, and ends up facing her a couple more times.

Once their armies have clashed, the chase is over. Dante and Bayonetta face off in a climactic battle (the PC is different depending on who's disk you're playing). After which, the demon army suddenly turns on Bayonetta. Mundus appears, laughing and commenting that Bayonetta was a good pawn to help mass an army to keep the human world under his thumb, and that he'd made a few deals with disgruntled angels. He shows what he means after he spies Dante: He releases a horde of corrupted angels. And thus, the third disk of the game begins, the endgame, where you choose between Dante and Bayonetta to play as.

Now, I'm thinking there would be 30 missions for the first two disks, and then 10 for the last, as it's just an all out siege on the underworld itself. Also, a fourth disk for bonus material, like Bloody Palace, a co-op Bloody Palace, level creator (you unlock enemy and environmental packs for beating missions) and training mode.

So, anyone wanna help? It took me a while to type all that out and I don't want it to go to waste. :p

since you are helping me with my idea it's only fair i help you with yours. this should be interesting. is the gameplay going to me more like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.

since bayonneta is the daughter of a lumen sage as well as an umbra witch it would make sense for her to be able to learn some lumen sage abilities. of course she would need someone to teach her, i have some ideas about how to figure that out.
and you definitly need to make Jeanne playable.

one the Devil May Cry side of things you know i have alot of ideas. most of my gameplay ideas should be able to fit in this with no problem.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the only problem i have is that you dont want to give them all the same abilities and fighting style.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, I won't give them the same kind of fighting style. But Dante's disk will play like DMC and Netta's disk will play like Bayonetta.

There will also be DLC campaigns.

DMC character DLC campaigns: Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Lucia, and Sparda.

Bayonetta character DLC campaigns: Rodin, Jeanne, Ithavol (the angel whom the Ithavol Building is named after. Kind of an OC, but it ties in nicely) Balder, Luka.

And there will be an allowance of four OC campaigns, not counting the two I'm putting forth: Xevnas and Tyther.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I'll help on the DMC area I haven't played bayonetta I've only watched it played a few times.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'll help on the DMC area I haven't played bayonetta I've only watched it played a few times.

Bayonetta plays mostly the same, it's just that you can equip weapons on both your hands and feet, and there's a dodge button. Oh, right, and dodging correctly slows time down for a short while.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh, and you can take weapons from enemies, and perform torture attacks when you have enough magic gauges.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, she uses them for torture attacks. She has several, Gomorrah, Phantasmaranae, Malphas, Scolopendra, and Queen Sheba.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I just know where her hair goes through the wall then comes out and is a monster that bites the enemy alot.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Sure in!

New demons: Guillotine: A fire-lizard demon. The body of this poor Assault was innabitated by an tortured Fire-demon's soul. Attacks:

Drop Dive: The Guillotine jumps in the air, in the form of an blazing-dive. It then dives at you.

Burrow Explosion: Guillotine burrows in the ground, then launches at you an large explosion, Self-Destructing itself.

Fire Claw: Basic attack. It swipes his fire claw at you.

Fire Tail: Basic attack. It swipes his fire tail at you.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
No, I won't give them the same kind of fighting style. But Dante's disk will play like DMC and Netta's disk will play like Bayonetta.

There will also be DLC campaigns.

DMC character DLC campaigns: Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Lucia, and Sparda.

Bayonetta character DLC campaigns: Rodin, Jeanne, Ithavol (the angel whom the Ithavol Building is named after. Kind of an OC, but it ties in nicely) Balder, Luka.

And there will be an allowance of four OC campaigns, not counting the two I'm putting forth: Xevnas and Tyther.

I guess I'm pitching in on how characters look and play as then and i will add my limited expertise when needed then.

Since i have more expierence with DMC i'll start there

Blitz

Heeeeey.
TOTALLY! Can my Fenkier do an OC campaign? His arm will be already be cut off.

An brand new weapon!Here it goes:

Techno Blade:

Sustained by the power of the lightnings and thunders of the world, this blade is colored an very,very dark turquoise, with two black stripes running down the flat side of the blade, which have always lightning "dancing" around it. The hilt is separated from the blade, and it "floats", joined to the blade only by an electric current. The same happens to the hilt guarders, which are designed like an cross.

Moveset:

Combo A: Same as Rebellion's Combo A, but with an blue aura.
Combo B: One quick slash, followed by an powerfull overhead slash, then two diagonnal slashes. Triangle - Triangle, Triangle.
Combo C: 5-hit combo. An quick slash, followed by multiple stabs, then 3 sucessive horizontal slashes. Triangle,Triangle - Triangle,Triangle,Triangle.

High Blast: Same as Red Queen's High Roller, but with lightning streaks.
Pierce: Same as Rebellion's Stinger, but with lightning streaks.
Straight Down! : Same as Rebellion's Helm breaker, but with lightning streaks.

Crack! : Smash the flat part of your blade into an terrified enemy. Left stick right _ Triangle.
Incoming! : Same as Crack! , but with the point of the blade. Left stick left _ Triangle.

_ : Togeter with:{insert input}
, : Just after : { insert input}
- : short pause after :{insert input}

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Are you sure the Nazi Swastika would be allowed in a game like this???

And by the way, people, I'm implementing a "recruit" function. That means that literally ANY enemy sans bosses can be recruited and thus will be playable. There will also be a small amount of multiplayer add-ons like "War" in which you choose a large load-out of recruits and duke it out with your chosen character as a field commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom