• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sequel theory again, do not get mad.

Xamalo Noel

''I would insert an Arrested Development joke here, but the title wasn't funny enough''

I know this must've been done a zillion times her in the forums, after all the job of fans is thinking about the game, but because this has been done a zillion times like I said, I wouldn't know where to begin.So, based on how things where left by the ending of DmC, I came up with not only a list, but possible and reasonable plots and plot points that should be worked on the sequel, if there is going to have one, which I hope it will happen.Starting with how things are in the end of the defeat of mundus.

*Vergil true intentions were chaotic good, but it clashed with Dante's idea, after his rediscovering in Vergil Downfall he's more of a treat than ever.

*Dante and Kat are standing in what's left of the city, and Dante is really questioning who he is and what should he do.

*Demons are now full loosen in the world, humans are aware of them, and most likely ready to fight against them.

Now is the part which I show you wonderful people what I would like to see in a sequel, and is mostly what I think would be best, so it's personal choices.

*Starting with something that really bothered me in the first game, they really should work with the angels, maybe there's some rule that prevented them to interfere, or Mundus held some spell that prevented them to interfere and fight them, they could actually be a foe for Dante at the start, seeing as he is half demon, also, the story could work in a ''not all angels are good, not all demons are bad'', and give Phineas a really big role in the story.

*Kat now of course would be the human symbol on this chaotic word, and Dante would claim protection on the humans, so he would work alongside Kat, and also deal with the talking with both demons and angels.

*Now Vergil on the other hand, being smart and now deceiving, could work along the borders, manipulating some angels and demons to rise a some sort of Temen-ni-gru, to get Sparda powers, to become a full all powered up demon and control the world the way he wanted.

*For some changes on the foes, in DmC we saw the Limbo change depending on the Demon boss/leader theme, this could work really well here too, as demons would mostly like to take ''turfs'', and mostly like some of them by Vergils order, so this ''turf'' would work like Limbo, and done right it would look really neat.

*Now that Dante want to uncover more of his lineage he would have to unlock the full potential of his Demonic and Angelic descendant (Devil Trigger), likely to come with benefits as well (for example: Angel trigger can make Dante more agile moves and raising his long ranged attack powers and effects and fly,so he would be able to reach parts of the stage he otherwise couldn't, and the Demon Trigger would be more powerful, raising his abilities on the physical weapons and attacks being able to open blocked paths, also he would change physically after getting the triggers)

*Uncovering more of Spardas betrayal on Mundus, you would think I would say to connect this on the angels, but I think it would be more likely that Sparda and Eva went neutral, trying to stay together, facing demons and angels.

*On the subject of Eva, a more romantic foot note would be Adam, he know could be the leader of the Angels and hold a grudge on Dante, making him one of the dramatic antagonist.

So the plot points are:

#Dante and Kat trying to rebuild and help the humans to protect themselves, most likely making deals with other demons and angels, explaining Dante traveling after them, and also,

#Dante discovering trough Phineas that some demon, mostly likely his brother, are trying to take his fathers powers.

#The travel itself to the Temen-ni-gru-ish tower, while making contact with demons and angels, and trough them learning more about his heritage.

#Meeting Adam, mostly likely fighting Adam and angels that consider him a threat.

#Reaching Temen-ni-gru-ish and awesomly breaching trough the tower to face Vergil at the tower.#The ending would be a some sort of Cliffhanger, like in the third game, Dante would think that Vergil is dead, but he actually got a hold of the power and retreated back to hell, to plot his next move.

Gameplay:

*The angelic and Demonic weapons should come back, some new more elaborate weapons is really important, most of the gameplay should be a improvement of the DmC, fix things that was not well received, improve things it where, balance more the difficult,when I say balance I mean make the harder difficulties truly harder, even to the point of enemies having new attacks.

*The bosses, well, first of all, some better design on them, I mean Barbas and Mundus were cool, but the other ones really weak, they weren't imposing like, let's say, Beowulf, Griffon, Cerberus.*The taunt should come back, but not a voiced mocking taunt that would break the story, more of a body language one, like pointing the sword, the ''come on'' movement.

Extras:

*Now onto the controversial stuff, I personally would like to see returning characters, but only in spirit, for example, Kat is actually the Lady on this universe, her fathers problem, her support with Dante, and in the second one she could really learn to fight using guns and witchcraft/magic, so it would be something like this, to fit in the DmC lore, for example, Trish could come as a demon on the run, she was created by a demon to mislead and kill Dante, but she became self aware and is now on the run, bumping on Dante in some point, also, she could be a turning point for Adam, she could be named anything, Annie, Ivy, Poison, but the spirit of the character would be there, just not in the name.

*Nero, ooh Nero, this is just an idea to fit him in the lore somehow, don't take this seriously, but, Eve in the bible had three sons, you mostly likely now where i'm going, but yeah, Nero could be the first son with Adam, and a full angel, of course, different from Adam he would likely to be regarding to help Dante somehow. Personally I would not want to fit him in this universe, I actually don't want many returning key characters, I like it being it's own universe, taking different roads from the original.

Wow, this really got out of hand...so, I really want to see what you guys are expecting of the next DmC, what are you expecting storywise, gameplay wise, or if you just want a sequel to the DMC 4 that would be cool to, I actually think they could coexist really well.

A little note: This was actually written a long time ago, but I was too shy to show it, I still am, I actually pretentiously thought how ''I'' would take the game next, but it would be a real mess by the look of it hahahaha.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
no go back to DMC 5.... capcom makes better combat systems then NT
no go forward to DmC2....NT makes better combat systems than Capcom.

40237-Why-not-both-gif-69vC.gif

This_IZ_Sparda!

''I would insert an Arrested Development joke here, but the title wasn't funny enough''

I know this must've been done a zillion times her in the forums, after all the job of fans is thinking about the game, but because this has been done a zillion times like I said, I wouldn't know where to begin.So, based on how things where left by the ending of DmC, I came up with not only a list, but possible and reasonable plots and plot points that should be worked on the sequel, if there is going to have one, which I hope it will happen.Starting with how things are in the end of the defeat of mundus.

*Vergil true intentions were chaotic good, but it clashed with Dante's idea, after his rediscovering in Vergil Downfall he's more of a treat than ever.

*Dante and Kat are standing in what's left of the city, and Dante is really questioning who he is and what should he do.

*Demons are now full loosen in the world, humans are aware of them, and most likely ready to fight against them.

Now is the part which I show you wonderful people what I would like to see in a sequel, and is mostly what I think would be best, so it's personal choices.

*Starting with something that really bothered me in the first game, they really should work with the angels, maybe there's some rule that prevented them to interfere, or Mundus held some spell that prevented them to interfere and fight them, they could actually be a foe for Dante at the start, seeing as he is half demon, also, the story could work in a ''not all angels are good, not all demons are bad'', and give Phineas a really big role in the story.

*Kat now of course would be the human symbol on this chaotic word, and Dante would claim protection on the humans, so he would work alongside Kat, and also deal with the talking with both demons and angels.

*Now Vergil on the other hand, being smart and now deceiving, could work along the borders, manipulating some angels and demons to rise a some sort of Temen-ni-gru, to get Sparda powers, to become a full all powered up demon and control the world the way he wanted.

*For some changes on the foes, in DmC we saw the Limbo change depending on the Demon boss/leader theme, this could work really well here too, as demons would mostly like to take ''turfs'', and mostly like some of them by Vergils order, so this ''turf'' would work like Limbo, and done right it would look really neat.

*Now that Dante want to uncover more of his lineage he would have to unlock the full potential of his Demonic and Angelic descendant (Devil Trigger), likely to come with benefits as well (for example: Angel trigger can make Dante more agile moves and raising his long ranged attack powers and effects and fly,so he would be able to reach parts of the stage he otherwise couldn't, and the Demon Trigger would be more powerful, raising his abilities on the physical weapons and attacks being able to open blocked paths, also he would change physically after getting the triggers)

*Uncovering more of Spardas betrayal on Mundus, you would think I would say to connect this on the angels, but I think it would be more likely that Sparda and Eva went neutral, trying to stay together, facing demons and angels.

*On the subject of Eva, a more romantic foot note would be Adam, he know could be the leader of the Angels and hold a grudge on Dante, making him one of the dramatic antagonist.

So the plot points are:

#Dante and Kat trying to rebuild and help the humans to protect themselves, most likely making deals with other demons and angels, explaining Dante traveling after them, and also,

#Dante discovering trough Phineas that some demon, mostly likely his brother, are trying to take his fathers powers.

#The travel itself to the Temen-ni-gru-ish tower, while making contact with demons and angels, and trough them learning more about his heritage.

#Meeting Adam, mostly likely fighting Adam and angels that consider him a threat.

#Reaching Temen-ni-gru-ish and awesomly breaching trough the tower to face Vergil at the tower.#The ending would be a some sort of Cliffhanger, like in the third game, Dante would think that Vergil is dead, but he actually got a hold of the power and retreated back to hell, to plot his next move.

Gameplay:

*The angelic and Demonic weapons should come back, some new more elaborate weapons is really important, most of the gameplay should be a improvement of the DmC, fix things that was not well received, improve things it where, balance more the difficult,when I say balance I mean make the harder difficulties truly harder, even to the point of enemies having new attacks.

*The bosses, well, first of all, some better design on them, I mean Barbas and Mundus were cool, but the other ones really weak, they weren't imposing like, let's say, Beowulf, Griffon, Cerberus.*The taunt should come back, but not a voiced mocking taunt that would break the story, more of a body language one, like pointing the sword, the ''come on'' movement.

Extras:

*Now onto the controversial stuff, I personally would like to see returning characters, but only in spirit, for example, Kat is actually the Lady on this universe, her fathers problem, her support with Dante, and in the second one she could really learn to fight using guns and witchcraft/magic, so it would be something like this, to fit in the DmC lore, for example, Trish could come as a demon on the run, she was created by a demon to mislead and kill Dante, but she became self aware and is now on the run, bumping on Dante in some point, also, she could be a turning point for Adam, she could be named anything, Annie, Ivy, Poison, but the spirit of the character would be there, just not in the name.

*Nero, ooh Nero, this is just an idea to fit him in the lore somehow, don't take this seriously, but, Eve in the bible had three sons, you mostly likely now where i'm going, but yeah, Nero could be the first son with Adam, and a full angel, of course, different from Adam he would likely to be regarding to help Dante somehow. Personally I would not want to fit him in this universe, I actually don't want many returning key characters, I like it being it's own universe, taking different roads from the original.

Wow, this really got out of hand...so, I really want to see what you guys are expecting of the next DmC, what are you expecting storywise, gameplay wise, or if you just want a sequel to the DMC 4 that would be cool to, I actually think they could coexist really well.

A little note: This was actually written a long time ago, but I was too shy to show it, I still am, I actually pretentiously thought how ''I'' would take the game next, but it would be a real mess by the look of it hahahaha.

Kudos to your efforts here, dude. :thumbsup: I really hope your ideas will more or less be regarded for the future ideas of DmC2. Although, I've heard from a few people that Capcom's beginning to be bankrupt, so im not sure if this will really happen or not, and sales from DmC didnt help at all. But like the other Fans, whether new or some belonging to the Devil May Cry franchise who gave this game a chance, I am very, very, VERRRRYYY hopeful that theyll make a sequel for this. And yes, that it will be ultimately be better than the previous.
*PS. I had other posts on ideas for characters for the next DmC.. maybe you can check it out. :wink:

Xamalo Noel

Kudos to your efforts here, dude. :thumbsup: I really hope your ideas will more or less be regarded for the future ideas of DmC2. Although, I've heard from a few people that Capcom's beginning to be bankrupt, so im not sure if this will really happen or not, and sales from DmC didnt help at all. But like the other Fans, whether new or some belonging to the Devil May Cry franchise who gave this game a chance, I am very, very, VERRRRYYY hopeful that theyll make a sequel for this. And yes, that it will be ultimately be better than the previous.
*PS. I had other posts on ideas for characters for the next DmC.. maybe you can check it out. :wink:

Oh, thanks! Yeah, I heard that too, I really expect that the series don't die, it's one of my favorite, Capcom really need to work on their choices, and is really a bummer that the DmC sales were relatively low, the game is really entertaining and fun.

I'll definitely gonna check it out your ideas! :thumbsup:

This_IZ_Sparda!

Oh, thanks! Yeah, I heard that too, I really expect that the series don't die, it's one of my favorite, Capcom really need to work on their choices, and is really a bummer that the DmC sales were relatively low, the game is really entertaining and fun.

I'll definitely gonna check it out your ideas! :thumbsup:
anyway, here it is.. it's not my thread btw but i posted a lot of ideas. all of them villains. pictures included (borrowed from the net of course)

Top Bottom