• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC problem on modern systems (Solved):

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I'm now convinced that DmC has a little bit problem with new systems specs but if you still using old system than you can run DmC.
We can't stay in past so like other people we will upgrade our systems but we also must sacrifice other things like DmC, if you still want play DmC no problem but it's the devs problem that they must optimize the game for new systems with better compatibility from older specs to newer generation I mean support for new systems.

》I hope this clears up everything about DmC why crashes at Dante campaign (loading screens or selecting difficulties) and Vergil's DLC is only part of game that remains playable.

Thanks to: @Nyx
Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I done some kind of black magic and expected to run DmC but......again I'm out of luck :cautious:.
if you want run this game on old specs but want keep your upgraded system don't waste your time I tried VM method which I think it's superior method then anything like run as administrator or compatibility....I losing my brain cells o_O.
Be my guest and PM me if you find a way to run this game on modern or upgraded systems.

Have great day.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Last update (for now): I installed DmC on one of my family's laptop for having average specs but old with win10 pro (they gave permission for my test :)).
I boot game and the loading screen successfully passed but the game was lagy due to old specs of the laptop and the game stopped working at the beginning of cutscene.
what I want say is if you have average system you can run this game :unsure: and about upgraded systems I have no clue :cautious:.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Update just for info: I installed the game clean, no mod or save unlocker and the game run smoothly and I can see the problem is only from Dante camping so Vergil camping is safe but if any find a way to run original story this will be good but until that I will work on Vergil side.
Last update (I think): Guys if I must drop this bomb I will drop it right now :cautious:, DmC is playable on Vergil camping and I played 1 mission without any problem and this proves Vergil is safe, my laptop is OK and the game runs great except the main game crash :cautious:.
and if this make all people hate me or want Dante & Kat mods from me I can't do anything about it.
so if you think with this problem I must stick to Vergil DLC please don't hesitate and let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Good news: my laptop has everything I mean about windows (win10) updates or features I have or latest version of directx9 and of course everything else that any games need to run smoothly.
and about DmC.....I used a save unlocker and the first mission for Dante started smoothly, didn't test the level completely but let's assume I finished it but add little bit theory mission 1 will kick you back to desktop.
about other missions the mission 2 runs fine in cutscene but if you want skip it the game will kick you back to desktop.
》And before finish this update I changed the main game not shortcut I mean I add run as administrator and compatibility with win8.

Hopefully this update gives everyone hope that there's still hope to fix the main game.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Finally I solved the loading screen problem :love:, how......just download the latest version of the game from steam and the reason why Vergil DLC was stable because if you see it from development point the DLC released after the main game (the DLC release date is 2013 but I don't know why stayed stable) :unsure: and if you see game files (where game shortcut lead you to target path) you see your files date and if they are created in 2013 you're using old version and if you download the latest version of the game which it's optimized for newer systems you should see 2014 then you can run the game without any problem along Vergil DLC (plus other DLCs).
and for anyone what's my settings to run new version of DmC (even it's not necessary), set this settings for main target not shortcut (even there is a none steam version of DmC that same as steam version I mean latest version and I don't recommend it):

》Run as admin
》Compatibility for win 8 or 7 as your desire

dmc-devil-may-cry.gif

Case closed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom