• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC opinions

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
so Ive been dying to hear some dmc fans opinions on the series reboot since I first saw it.
what do u guys think? I think the previous story itself needs some more development I.e sparda and Eva, but not complete reboot like so. its a good place to start since im pretty sure everyone wonders what Dante and vergil were like in their rebel years...all I can hope for is a good story and interesting gameplay since the reboot is also supposedly a tie in to the main series.anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong, and get back to me asap cuz im antsy to hear some opinions :3

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Hmm.. DmC opinions, eh? Personally, I don't really care where this DmC goes. If it fails, then wonderful; if it becomes a hit, then wonderful. But I do agree that DMC needed some improvements, improvements in story-telling, but not a reboot like this.

I really don't know where you got that DmC is tied-in with previous games. DmC is DMC rebooted. Those have no connections other than sharing names and gameplay(somewhat).

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
I read it in an article in a magazine...but I guess they meant the reboot is supposed to b loosely connected to previous games taking previous ideas, etc...I think if the story turns out cheesey or watever then im jus gnna give up on dmc...it dsnt deserve that kind of treatment...capcoms also gnna hav alot of unhappy fans D: it was bad enough when they changed dantes design, I almost died but it kinda grew on me now...and then Theres vergil...his voice actor sounds like a puss but Wat can u do? if it bombs they can say it was a Wat if game and if it becomes a blockbuster then I guess dmc will hav a new rep and name...it jus interest me y capcom wuld do this w dmc n nt RE or mega man...theyve been around long enough so why nt? but all questions will be answered...soon enough I think lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess it's cause RE has been around longer and still works as a franchise to them.

MegaMan has many different sub series like EXE and legends so it's not that big deal.

I'm ok with it but I probably felt that NT should have tried to fix the old series since it's the harder task because you have to work with contuinty when with a reboot you don't.

So bigger the risk, bigger the reward.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
it makes me wonder what the second part would be like ._. considering the continuity of this game...oh balls :l

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
My opinion;

I think it's a good thing.

DMC was getting rather stale in story and gameplay.

With story DMC has always lacked real style or originality of an already thought up idea for a story. It's just too simple and there's no real umf to it. DMC1 was well done with the story cause it had the darker plot out of all of them, and was quite well put together. DMC2 had potential to be a good story, but it was rushed and ended up becoming what it is now. DMC3, in my opinion, was just a copy and paste of Inuyasha, but with a twist. Twin half breed brothers, born from a powerful demon and a human woman. Both carry their dad's swords, and both have snow white hair and one in red. DMC4 was pretty much Bleach in an alternate universe with Nero being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, and Dante just being there for the fan service, which I certainly didn't like since Dante acted more immature then he did in DMC3, which was okay cause he was younger at the time. DmC isn't winning any originality points either, but as I've said in the beginning, "Make a story that doesn't just copy the original stuff you got it from" and DmC has used a lot of material from different movies, games, and movies.

Gameplay wise DMC1 was good, but it was also pretty stiff from what I've heard. Yes, it did revolutionize the Hack n' Slash Genre, but now a days it's just whatever with video game addicts. DMC2 was the worst in gameplay in DMC standards, but if not for DMC2, DMC3 wouldn't be as good as it is. Finally DMC3 got it right and mixed both gameplay styles of 1 and 2 and fused it to make 3 as good as it is now. However DMC4 is when I realized DMC was getting stale. Seeing Dante's moves, it was pretty much DMC3 all over again but with all styles available. Dante didn't really fight any different, and was pretty much a copy of DMC3 Dante in gameplay style. Nero was just DMC1 and DMC2 Dante fused with his gameplay and he also hardly had much weapons to have fun with. DmC's gameplay does what DMC3 did; fuse two DMC games together. Now DmC has fused all the DMC game mechanics together and has created what it is today.

Don't get me wrong; I loved DMC, and I loved the classic red coated, white haired bad ass that is Dante, but I can only love an anime styled character so long if he doesn't evolve somehow.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I preferred the original but I can live with this..but I see what Capcom is trying to do as long as this game manages to do what DMC did but better and even if it does have a more realistic feel than the Japanesy over-the-top stuff of DMC & Bayonetta it still got to have the DMC flair....I mean the gameplay of DMC was crazy and stylish so the action in the cut-scenes were crazy and stylish.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm pretty much indifferent about DmC. It seems to lack memorable and well designed characters and enemies, the gameplay looks like it's not as combo-oriented as that of the original DMCs, and it's slower overall. Mediocre voice actors, cliché, tedious plot, you name it.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is basically the new DMC. It's developed by Platinum Games, which is a company that consists of former Capcom members (including the ones who created DMC1 and Resident Evil).
So yeah, I'm looking forward to MGR: Revengeance, as well as Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, but that's not a hack and slash game :p

Ninja Theory... meh.

berto

I Saw the Devil
In terms of combat it's fine but it still doesn't feel like DMC other deparments. I can't play DMC1 and then look at DmC and say 'oh, yeah, they're related.'

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
bayonettaaaaaaaa.....Thats gnna b the new dmc lololol

It can only be the next DMC if Sega cared or wanted to and do you think Sega cares about anything that isn't......

Sonic1.png

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Opinions over the course of time :-

> TGS trailer : "WTF is this SH*T !?"

> After more story reveal : "hmm yeah... whatever angels crap"

> After Gamplay trailers: "I'm still not satisfied"

> After listening to the OST : "well this is weird i've never heard something like this"

> Currently: "What DmC ? oh.. its gonna be released in next year jan ? Well pass...."

kryptoknight

I'm excited to get some new blood pumping in the vains of DMC. After the let down of 4 (i just can't bring myself to like it) im excited to have the spotlight back on Dante. And a newage reboot is nothing to bemad about. At least they aren't RE4ing it.

Top Bottom