• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Combo Competition

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
It just got posted on the Devil May Cry twitter :3
tumblr_mnqgm3i9WF1ryfipvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnqgm3i9WF1ryfipvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnqgm3i9WF1ryfipvo3_1280.jpg

Basicially you record your most SSSensational combo and upload it up on youtube between the 1st and 30th of June. The best one will win a limited edition DmC art canvas. =D

The Devil May Cry twitter link is below if you want to check it out along with the rules:
https://twitter.com/devilmaycry

Now get those gaming thumbs a wriggling, and best of luck guys...I'm gonna need it *sobs*

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I doubt many will enter that competition, but considering all the DmC combo vids I've seen on YT, I could be wrong..

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Use a program called FRAPS if you don't have a capture card. It records footage of games very easily.

This makes me so happy, thanks for posting this alittlecorn :). I only wonder if I can use my edited video that uses an official combichrist song from the ost, because that's the video i want to submit. The rules aren't 100% clear on that.

majeh116

So two questions after reading those rules. First is Vergil eligible since from those pics it just seems they want Dante and second how allowed are mods for pc submissions the most notable ones being hit colored demons with any weapon and more importantly turbo mode?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I've been getting really good with the game and figuring out and finalizing the mechanics of the game. It took me a bit longer than it did with DMC4 (I've been neglecting that game thanks to Halo 4, Minecraft, and DmC), but I'll have to figure out a way to capture footage off of my xbox. This seems like a really interesting competition, and that canvas would look lovely next to my, "Sunny in Philadelphia" poster.

Best of luck guys! I can't wait to see what the community comes up with!

This also gives me a bit of hope in the DmC franchise. If they're still willing to host competitions for the game and hand out prizes, than that obviously means that they haven't completely given up on the game/series yet!

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
here's a good alternative to a capture card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3504456

you plug the usb into your computer and run component cables from your console to your computer, instead of a TV. Fraps the footage as you play, just like you were playing the PC version (only there'll be no framerate issues). There's a slight loss of quality going from HD to component cables, but it's much better than pointing a camcorder at your TV if you can't afford a professional PC capture card.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
here's a good alternative to a capture card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3504456

you plug the usb into your computer and run component cables from your console to your computer, instead of a TV. Fraps the footage as you play, just like you were playing the PC version (only there'll be no framerate issues). There's a slight loss of quality going from HD to component cables, but it's much better than pointing a camcorder at your TV if you can't afford a professional PC capture card.
I might look into that. Any ideas which ones you'd recommend from amazon? o.o and is there anything additional i'd need.

Kam

I might look into that. Any ideas which ones you'd recommend from amazon? o.o and is there anything additional i'd need.

it's fairly simple to use. I found one on amazon for 8 dollars, it came with the software you need to stream the audio/video to your PC, but you'll need your own component cables and capture software (like fraps or something)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
it's fairly simple to use. I found one on amazon for 8 dollars, it came with the software you need to stream the audio/video to your PC, but you'll need your own component cables and capture software (like fraps or something)
fraps? okay, i'll see what i can do :3 thanks

Kam

Dont use fraps, use msi afterburner instead. Fraps will murder your computer unless you have something super powerful.

only if you're trying to play the game at the same time as you're recording it, and on the same machine. The usb device I linked essentially turns your computer into a suitable TV for you to play games on; it's not actually playing the game, it's just receiving a video/audio stream from your console. Even a mediocre computer can fraps a video being streamed to it without problems.

8BitHero

Scrub
Awesome. I'm tempted to submit my old combo video....I'm that lazy ha. Thanks for the notice though. I look forward to seeing what SamD has to offer.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Awesome. I'm tempted to submit my old combo video....I'm that lazy ha. Thanks for the notice though. I look forward to seeing what SamD has to offer.
I'm gonna try recording mine next week. I don't know if to finish the last few missions so I can record it on Hell and Hell mode, or just go for Dante Must Die. I'm probbably gonna die anyway so XP

But you should totally try it, then you can kick my ass! :lol:

8BitHero

Scrub
I'm gonna try recording mine next week. I don't know if to finish the last few missions so I can record it on Hell and Hell mode, or just go for Dante Must Die. I'm probbably gonna die anyway so XP

But you should totally try it, then you can kick my ass! :lol:

Nah I doubt that. Can't wait to see your videos :)

Top Bottom