• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Novel - 'Devil May Cry' by Shin-Ya Goikeda *Plot Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Well, I finally got round to reading this book (I have both DMC and DMC2 novels). Just thought I'd post my thoughts, as I know some other people must of read it (Tony Redgrave at least, lol)

THIS POST WILL HAVE SPOILERS COVERING THE ENTIRE PLOT

Anyway, so I thought the book was pretty fun to read, and had a DMC feel to it. Only problem is there are too many inconsistencies for me to consider it 'canon' to the games. It probably made sense before DMC3, but not any more lol.

I liked the way Dante was portrayed, and I feel that they pulled him off well. However, I didnt really like the way they kept his true identity secret from the reader for the majority of the story, as I felt myself thinking 'Either thats Dante, or the creator has no imagination when creating his own character'... and although I was fairly certain it was him I always had a slight doubt in my mind.

My biggest gripe was with Gilver, and his true identity. Firstly, I dont understand how he even lives at that point, after he disappeared in Dante's childhood and reemerges in DMC1, and also it seems he dies at the end of the book, which also doesnt make sense... and not to mention he would recognise Nelo Angelo's armour in DMC1, so would know who he was immediately. And Vergil doesnt use guns :p

In the end, it was an enjoyable book, but just didnt really work in the games' storyline.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Good to hear that you enjoyed the book, DL. I haven't read it myself but I reckon my missus would be interested in checking it out. I'm more into the Devil May Cry games and she's more into the Devil May Cry books. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom