• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC New Mod All weapons damage colored enemies

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There are a lot more PC's in circulation than there are game consoles, soooo.....

I know that less than half of all worldwide PCs can run DmC. Still doesn't change the overall numbers.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Nice work!
I have a bunch of mods sitting in a folder on my PC so when the day finally comes that I get DmC on PC, it'll be like playing a whole other game!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And actually - how'd you do it?

I'm really curious to see what got changed to make this work :3

Sunaka Marién

*cries tears of joy* Oh my God thank youuuuuuuu (;w; )
Gee, I can't wait until I'll finally have some time to play it on PC <3

And actually - how'd you do it?

I'm really curious to see what got changed to make this work :3

Just some detective work, each of the individual characters had spawn files, so I looked through them and noticed a shield blue/shield red reflect object, and inside of it were contact filters, ie rebellion, ebony/ivory, etc, so I replaced those values with zeros and now no contacts are being filtered out.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Great. I mean, I don't understand a word you just said, but it's still great anyway.

Basically, he changed the value that says "Reflect this weapon" from 1 (true) to 0 (false). Basically, he changed the variable so it would detect, say, a Rebellion slash and check to reflect it. It would get a false check, so it won't reflect the attack.

Edit: And I just realized I use the word "basically" way too often.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks. And don't worry about word overuse. As long as you stop yourself from using the same word repeatedly once in a while, you'll be all right.

Right. No problem. It's not too hard to understand once you break it down, right? That's what programmers call a Boolean code. A basic true/false test, more or less.

You know, I know people say that it's not on the onus of the players to fix the game, but I'm glad you did it anyway, OW.
Thank you. And now the video on the main post have been updated, so you can see rages being damaged.
Also, the link to the mod is also been updated so you can get the new files. :)

Top Bottom