• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Movie?

Who do you think would be the ideal director for a possible DMC film?

• Total voters

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
If DMC were to be turned into a motion picture, what would we expect from it? Director, cast, writer?

What ideas should be put into play so that it wouldn't mess up the story or disappoint fans?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
DMC not DmC? Well I think Quentin Tarantino would be good but with Video game adaptions they never work out

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
DMC not DmC? Well I think Quentin Tarantino would be good but with Video game adaptions they never work out

Either or, it's doesn't matter. I think Quentin or Zack would be good possible candidates to take on the project. But then again, would they actually attempt making a motion picture from a video game? Haven't seen any projects like that from them. Still I would prefer any of them to make it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Quintin Tarantino probably wouldn't do it since he doesn't like working on IP's that aren't his own.

I dont really see Peter Jackson adapting DMC and i dont think Abrams or Raimi would have nostalgia for it since they were already established names when DMC came out.

I could see Zack snyder or len wiseman doing it tho and on the plus side we get to see Kate Beckinsale.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
How about cast?

Was thinking about it the other day, just a thought, how about Hayden Christiensen for the lead role of the new Dante in DmC?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC is the way to go when we're talking about a Devil May Cry film and the cast could possible go for something like this.
Dante- Justin Chatwin
Kat- Jennifer Lawrence
Mundus- Micheal Madsen
Lillith- Charlize Theron
Phineas- Forest Whitaker or Lawrence Fishburne
Eva- Scarlett Johanson
Sparda-who cares, don't see him anyway

Zack Snyder could possibly bring a visual flare the series is known for in terms of fight scenes but he probably wouldn't resist in using a lot of slo-mo. So I can't really think off the top of my head who would be a decent enough choice to do it.

Zato-OW

King
I pray that this movie will be CGI like the Final Fantasy 7 movie. That is the only way I can see this moving doing justice to the games.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I pray that this movie will be CGI like the Final Fantasy 7 movie. That is the only way I can see this moving doing justice to the games.
Advent Children was decent, not great. CGI work was mastery level but Devil May Cry is something that can work live action. Alot of things can be done live action and adapted but you just have to go about it in the right manner.

Zato-OW

King
Advent Children was decent, not great. CGI work was mastery level but Devil May Cry is something that can work live action. Alot of things can be done live action and adapted but you just have to go about it in the right manner.
What are the chances of that happening though? Look at Hollywood movies that were created from anime and video games... I'm just stating the obvious here. A CGI movie will better represent this series for obvious reasons why it was clearly better for FFAC. But w/e, we will see when or if this movie happens.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What are the chances of that happening though? Look at Hollywood movies that were created from anime and video games... I'm just stating the obvious here. A CGI movie will better represent this series for obvious reasons why it was clearly better for FFAC. But w/e, we will see when or if this movie happens.
Not like Japan does it any better for the most part. The GANTZ movie was god awful and personally ****ed me off since I LOVE GANTZ. The only good adaption I've seen of an anime so far are the Death Note films. The 2nd is better than the first and the ending for the films are much better than the anime and manga. A better sense of closure and much more satisfying. Death Note can be easily adapted in the U.S. though because all you have to do is take it out of Japan and put it in the U.S. You don't even have to change anything story wise. Sure Dragonball Evolution didn't work out but I don't think even Japan could have made a better Dragonball movie because it was always something that really embraces the fact its animated. China made a pretty legit Dragonball movie a long time ago even if the names were changed. Just showed that Dragonball is very silly and dumb when translated to live action. It's actually pretty funny and you should check it out.

Devil May Cry can translate pretty well to screen and more so the DmC take on the series. When you think about it, western influences could actually be used to to bring alot of different anime and games to life better than a japanese take. Look at series like Fullmetal Alchemist which if done right could come across as a pretty damn good live action and since most of the characters are not asian anyway there you go. I look at this medium entirely as one and they are movies no matter which country they come from. Hell, I love asian horror but it's not like the Hollywood can't make good movies when it wants to. The U.S. adaption of The Ring (first movie that is) is actually better than the original japanese version and I own all 4 Ringu movies.

You can't chalk up Japan doing everything right where everyone shares their fair share of flops and stupid. Just as a movie lover I'm not so quick to dismiss remakes or adaptions like the internet loves to do being one of their favorite arguments. I am extremely excited for the Evil Dead remake because it's being made by same people and Bruce Cambell is on board as producer. What more can I ask for as I'm a massive Evil Dead fan. It's my favorite movie trilogy of all time.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think that a DMC movie series would work better as a mix between adaptations of the series and some original adventures set between the games. The games have a big gap between them so it would be easy to come up with something Dante did in between them.

The movie series would have to be more cohesive/coherent than the games but its possible to make it work.

Zato-OW

King
Not like Japan does it any better for the most part. The GANTZ movie was god awful and personally ****ed me off since I LOVE GANTZ. The only good adaption I've seen of an anime so far are the Death Note films. The 2nd is better than the first and the ending for the films are much better than the anime and manga. A better sense of closure and much more satisfying. Death Note can be easily adapted in the U.S. though because all you have to do is take it out of Japan and put it in the U.S. You don't even have to change anything story wise. Sure Dragonball Evolution didn't work out but I don't think even Japan could have made a better Dragonball movie because it was always something that really embraces the fact its animated. China made a pretty legit Dragonball movie a long time ago even if the names were changed. Just showed that Dragonball is very silly and dumb when translated to live action. It's actually pretty funny and you should check it out.

Devil May Cry can translate pretty well to screen and more so the DmC take on the series. When you think about it, western influences could actually be used to to bring alot of different anime and games to life better than a japanese take. Look at series like Fullmetal Alchemist which if done right could come across as a pretty damn good live action and since most of the characters are not asian anyway there you go. I look at this medium entirely as one and they are movies no matter which country they come from. Hell, I love asian horror but it's not like the Hollywood can't make good movies when it wants to. The U.S. adaption of The Ring (first movie that is) is actually better than the original japanese version and I own all 4 Ringu movies.

You can't chalk up Japan doing everything right where everyone shares their fair share of flops and stupid. Just as a movie lover I'm not so quick to dismiss remakes or adaptions like the internet loves to do being one of their favorite arguments. I am extremely excited for the Evil Dead remake because it's being made by same people and Bruce Cambell is on board as producer. What more can I ask for as I'm a massive Evil Dead fan. It's my favorite movie trilogy of all time.
This has nothing to do with "Japan". Just a live action Hollywood movie of DMC would most likely be bad. The history with these style of movies nearly proves the case I'm trying to make. This is why I said it would better off just being a CG because at least they can get most of the stuff right. The only real issue I would be concerned with is the story writer and how he/she would write the story out.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This has nothing to do with "Japan". Just a live action Hollywood movie of DMC would most likely be bad. The history with these style of movies nearly proves the case I'm trying to make. This is why I said it would better off just being a CG because at least they can get most of the stuff right. The only real issue I would be concerned with is the story writer and how he/she would write the story out.
Devil May Cry can still work as live action so I don't see how it makes any difference. What stuff in CG would they do better that couldn't be done in live action with DmC? Hollywood can make good movies when they want to just like everyone else can. Also just because video game films have a bad wrap it's never too late for them to start being actually good because alot of them can translate well and it's a huge industry. Plus I want a good live action Devil May Cry so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because also for one there is NOTHING on the movie as of yet except a 2016 release. None of us have room to start saying anything about it.

Zato-OW

King
Devil May Cry can still work as live action so I don't see how it makes any difference. What stuff in CG would they do better that couldn't be done in live action with DmC? Hollywood can make good movies when they want to just like everyone else can. Also just because video game films have a bad wrap it's never too late for them to start being actually good because alot of them can translate well and it's a huge industry. Plus I want a good live action Devil May Cry so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because also for one there is NOTHING on the movie as of yet except a 2016 release. None of us have room to start saying anything about it.
If you want to take that gamble then go ahead and support it. I'm just going by the history and the still ongoing history that is called RE. I don't want to see what happened to the RE movies happen to DMC. This is Capcom who we are talking about. Always remember that. Look what a major franchise like RE was turned into and they still continue to butcher the RE name for $$$.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If you want to take that gamble then go ahead and support it. I'm just going by the history and the still ongoing history that is called RE. I don't want to see what happened to the RE movies happen to DMC. This is Capcom who we are talking about. Always remember that. Look what a major franchise like RE was turned into and they still continue to butcher the RE name for $$$.
I'm not supporting nor dissing it because neither side of that debate has even been established yet. What we are getting in 2016 will be a live action Devil May Cry movie based on DmC. That's all we know so no need to get all worrisome right now. Capcom isn't a movie studio so even if it is their property I'm pretty sure like they did with those terrible RE movies is take a step back out of the picture and it's up to whoever's making the thing. I'm pretty sure Capcom doesn't even care about the RE movies. They're out butchering the game while the idiots who are making the movies are out butchering RE in film. Let's just hope no complete asshats are lined up to write the screenplay.

Top Bottom