• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Modding Items and UI

So I've been messing around with some of the files, it seems you can change the offsets in the .ini files to change around the UI which I guess is pretty cool. Using a UPK extractor I've been messing with Item Limits, it's kind of glitchy at the moment but if I can fix it I found a way to set the limit from 10 to 99.

I'll keep messing around and if anyones interested, I'll post the file to replace here or a tutorial or something.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Whoa, whoa, whoa now. DmC has modding potential? KF, you've become my new BFF. I've got a billion ideas floating around in my head, man; I need to pick your brain sometime.

Until then, I've set up a brand spanking new DmC Mods forum for this sort of banter. I'll see if I can get some sort of rewards/perks system in place for users whom kindly submit their mods, too.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
here's one
BD5F169FD385A405401C9A61222F425C08F5C908

Whoa, whoa, whoa now. DmC has modding potential? KF, you've become my new BFF. I've got a billion ideas floating around in my head, man; I need to pick your brain sometime.

Until then, I've set up a brand spanking new DmC Mods forum for this sort of banter. I'll see if I can get some sort of rewards/perks system in place for users whom kindly submit their mods, too.
Thank you for creating a forum, that will help greatly! I've had a few people coming to me to show off their mods but I haven't been sure where to send them I'll redirect mod creators and texture makers there. :D

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Thank you for creating a forum, that will help greatly! I've had a few people coming to me to show off their mods but I haven't been sure where to send them I'll redirect mod creators and texture makers there. :D
No worries, matey. Think of the forum as a placeholder whilst I get something a little more organized set up. I went and bought dmcmods.com shortly after posting my last response, so hopefully I'll be able to chuck something up there, pronto.

Expect a brain-picking from me soon.

Soon.

No worries, matey. Think of the forum as a placeholder whilst I get something a little more organized set up. I went and bought dmcmods.com shortly after posting my last response, so hopefully I'll be able to chuck something up there, pronto.

Expect a brain-picking from me soon.

Soon.
That's great news, is it going to be a forum or will it have like a gallery and upload section? But sure, PM me anytime or over Steam I'll do my best to answer any questions.

ItzMar

Any chance someone with Unreal Engine experience could extract the announcers voice? Id love to have "SADISITIC" and "SAVAGE" as text tones!

Gbraga

Woah, you can mod the alternate costumes too? Can't wait to see someone modding the Brandon Lee costume to look even more like a Brandon Lee costume

Pogo

I just did this as well (maybe someone else can repost this link since this is my first post on the forum)

i.imgur . com/Vg01d93 . jpg

Go to \Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Config\DefaultUI.ini

The last sections will look like this, change the X and Y values to mine:

[DevilGame.DVGFxContainer_DanteHealthBar]
m_bApplyOffset=true
m_PosOffset=(X=-76,Y=-126)

[DevilGame.DVGFxContainer_BossHealthBar]
m_bApplyOffset=true
m_PosOffset=(X=400,Y=710)

[DevilGame.DVGFxContainer_ButtonMash]
m_bApplyOffset=true
m_PosOffset=(X=610,Y=600)

[DevilGame.DVGFxContainer_OverdriveBar]
m_bApplyOffset=true
m_PosOffset=(X=-41,Y=-27)

[DevilGame.DVGFxContainer_RedOrbCounter]
m_bApplyOffset=true
m_PosOffset=(X=1074,Y=-86)

[DevilGame.DVGFxContainer_WeaponSelector]
m_bApplyOffset=true
m_PosOffset=(X=-47,Y=610)

Pogo

These values are based on some other in-game coordinate system. I tested with a smaller resolution and everything stays the same. I have no idea what ButtonMash or GoldOrbHUD do, however.
Note also that my Red Orb counter change doesn't let you see if you have upgrade points available. I don't think it's that important, I'm guessing most of you that are trying to mod the game are passed the point of caring about it, otherwise just press Start or Back or whatever to see upgrade points.

For anyone that wants to make their own setup, you have to use some program to count how many X and Y pixels you want to offset some element of the UI. You also have to determine what scale is being used at your resolution. I don't know what the base scale would be, I haven't tested, but at 1920x1200, the scale was 1.5 (meaning for every 100 pixel change at that resolution, the in-game grid would shift it 150 pixels).

I just did this as well (maybe someone else can repost this link since this is my first post on the forum)

Vg01d93.jpg

Keep up the good work, looks great and a lot more of the screen is viewable!

Top Bottom