• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC - is the future exclusive?

Frazz

General gamer
So as you may know Capcom is in a bit of financial bother and are open to a buyout. This bothers me as the most likely buyer at this point is microsoft... And I own a ps3 and ps4.

So I ask you this: would you buy a new console just to play the next DMC?

I have to admit that I would but I wouldn't be too pleased about it!!

Sunaka Marién

I'd buy a new console for DmC2, but for DMC? Nah.
Should Microsoft really buy the franchise and make a XBOne exclusive DMC5 or whatever, I'd probably give it a shot, should I have a One by then which is likely 'cuz I'ma so gonna get one for Sunset Overdrive.

Also, uhm, why do you think Microsoft would be the most likely buyer? Just curious, I don't really know about any of that stuff.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So as you may know Capcom is in a bit of financial bother and are open to a buyout. This bothers me as the most likely buyer at this point is microsoft... And I own a ps3 and ps4.

So I ask you this: would you buy a new console just to play the next DMC?

I have to admit that I would but I wouldn't be too pleased about it!!
If I'm not buying a new council to play Bayonetta I sure as hell am not buying a X1 to play DMC5.

To be honest if it's one of the big 3 then I hope it's not Microsoft. They don't exactly have the best record for utilizing their buyouts to their full and I don't want the next BioHazard to be a kinect game.

Also, uhm, why do you think Microsoft would be the most likely buyer? Just curious, I don't really know about any of that stuff.
They can afford it more easily than the other 2.

That's not the only 3 possibilities, though. There are studios, like UbiSoft, who can afford to buy enough stock to get majority, as well. It's not just the council makers we should be eyeballing.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I bought a 360 just for DMC4. I'm not sure about future DmC/Devil May Cry games.
I will definitely be getting a PS4 in the future though.

(On a side note, I won't be buying a Wii U just for Bayonetta 2...).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No way. I use to do that with KH, but I've given up on that.

I definitely won't spend hundreds of dollars for another half baked DMC game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
not really since an interesting game can be dull after a while so its better i have a wider range of options to play to consider getting a new one just yet.

Frazz

General gamer
I think that Microsoft will be the likely buyer because they are doing pretty well finacially and with all of Capcom's IPs becoming Xbox exclusive the sales of their Xbox One may increase.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm getting both consoles along the way, so i don't really care. Though It won't make any difference to me if it's DmC2.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I hope Microsoft doesn't buy Capcom, because I plan on getting a PS4... as soon as there are games worth buying. I'm not going to get an inferior console just for one game. Also, Microsoft really screwed up with their bullsh*t a while ago. I won't support a console that was planned to screw over gamers by stopping the sales of used games and all that idiocy. The console having built-in Kinect for 100 dollars extra was very low of them too.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I hope Microsoft doesn't buy Capcom, because I plan on getting a PS4... as soon as there are games worth buying. I'm not going to get an inferior console just for one game. Also, Microsoft really screwed up with their bullsh*t a while ago. I won't support a console that was planned to screw over gamers by stopping the sales of used games and all that idiocy.
You're right, though you have to admit, Msoft really tries hard to correct their mistakes.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
You're right, though you have to admit, Msoft really tries hard to correct their mistakes.
True, but I think they're only correcting their mistakes because they noticed people didn't like their ideas. To them, it's purely about the money, not people's feelings. After people flat out told them they wouldn't buy a product like that, they went into panic mode and changed their policy.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
True, but I think they're only correcting their mistakes because they noticed people didn't like their ideas. To them, it's purely about the money, not people's feelings. After people flat out told them they wouldn't buy a product like that, they went into panic mode and changed their policy.
Well let be honest, first parties are always about money, but i can respect number on changes msoft was ready to pull. At least fact that they ditched Kinect is really a good thing. So i mostly blame it on their previous CEO.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
With the direction the series is going at the moment, I wouldn't buy a console SOLELY for the next game. I'm still not sure whether I'm going to buy a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One, but I'll probably end up getting a PS TV first. That may sway my decision toward PS4.:unsure:

Anyway, I personally wouldn't be too bothered if it went exclusive. However, it'd be nice if everyone had the chance to play, so multiplatform is ideal.

GF9000000Returns

I'm buying a PS4 by the end of this year. Gonna be gearing up for the next gen, but also gonna play some PS3 games on the PSNow.

No offense to the Xbox players, but if they are gonna make DMC exclusive, I hope it's for the PS4, since DMC1-3 has been exclusiively for the PS2. As for me buying a new console for a DMC game, it has to be good, whether if it's DMC5 or DmC2(though I have more confidence for a DmC2).

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
personally i hope Nintendo buys Capcom

but would i buy a Xbox one sure i'd buy a console for one game because eventually more games i'll like will come
i'm planing to get a one when the master chef collection comes out anyway
i already have a ps4 and Wii U
and my brother got his own Wii U just cus he wanted the Zelda one so ya it doesn't take allot to get us to buy something

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Well let be honest, first parties are always about money, but i can respect number on changes msoft was ready to pull. At least fact that they ditched Kinect is really a good thing. So i mostly blame it on their previous CEO.
As far as I know, their CEO does not determine their company policy, a board of directors does. Their CEO (Don Mattrick) didn't handle the press very well, telling people that if they didn't like or didn't support their policies, they could stick with the 360. People understandably got upset about that. So he wasn't fired because of their policies, he was fired because he made big communication errors.

But, I suppose they did take back a lot of things, so that's good of them.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
As far as I know, their CEO does not determine their company policy, a board of directors does. Their CEO (Don Mattrick) didn't handle the press very well, telling people that if they didn't like or didn't support their policies, they could stick with the 360. People understandably got upset about that. So he wasn't fired because of their policies, he was fired because he made big communication errors.

But, I suppose they did take back a lot of things, so that's good of them.
That's true, but after his departure Xboxone improved greatly imo. No more bs. that was at last E3
I probably buy Ps4 first and than xbox one, but this gen looks like being heavy on exclusives so I'm really interested if sony or msoft secured some and can show us something on Gamescom and TGS.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If Microsoft buys Capcom, not everything will be Xbone Exclusive, a lot of the IPs will also be released on PC which will be good, but yeah I still hope it's not Microsoft, of the big 3 I want Nintendo to buy Capcom, as unlikely as it is.

If DMC5 was console exclusive, it would depend on how the game is if I buy a new console for it, I sure as s**t won't buy a new console for DmC2 cause I'll be busy boycotting it, but if it's DMC5 along with everything a Devil May Cry game is supposed to be then I'll prob grab a console for it, but if it comes to Next Gen & PC I'll be getting the PC version.

DMC

Devil May Cry
rebel the Microsoft nemesis.... Playstation has to live... -draws out a cookie sword- WE MUST REBEL!!! -takes a bite of the cookie sword- OMG so gooood.....

Top Bottom