• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC=Inuyasha

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
MOST DEFINATELY

I thought about that the first time I started watching the show.

Inuyasha's a silver haired half demon who hunts demons, as Dante does. Inuyasha has an older silver haired brother of whom he fights alot with as Dante does with his twin. Not to mention both brothers are considered "evil" even though I think both are just misunderstood. (Vergil and Sesshoumaru)

Their mothers were beautiful human women who died when they were young...lets see, what else...dispite the fact that the brothers beat the crap out of each other 90% of the time their together, they secretly seem to care for one another. Sesshoumaru is known to dispise humans, Vergil sopposidly dispises humans...both brothers have swords left over from their father.

Oh yeah! That reminds me. Both of their fathers were big shot demons that liked humans. How could I forget that?

Can't think of anything else right now. Heh, can you imagine if the Sparda twins lost their demon powers once a month?...or do they? Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!

$JP

Supreme Ruler
That kinda makes me think, since Inuyasha is a dog demon, then what kinda demon is Dante??? Bug or Dragon perhaps???

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I made a topic on that once. I don't like to think of the Spardans as insects, id perfer dragon, but I really have no idea. A bat? Inucubus? Who knows but capcom?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergilissexy;54672 said:
I made a topic on that once. I don't like to think of the Spardans as insects, id perfer dragon, but I really have no idea. A bat? Inucubus? Who knows but capcom?

Perhaps even Capcom hasn't even consider thinking a "type" of demon.

Ryaniel

Ryaniel1
Dante is a demon knight, i guess that Sparda was swayed to have pity for humans as he fell in love with Eva. Surprising it would be if spardas father was a devil and his mother a god, or is that just taking it to far?. Still it's good to be optimistic.Besides maybe Inuyasha is of relation to Dante or maybe she is his sister, Dun Dun duuuunnn , you get the point .

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Sister? Inuyasha is a male XD, but don't feel bad, most of the men on that show are mistaken for females at first. BTW, that would be impossible, they're from two different programs. But of course you were just joking...right?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
off course i was. But still could be a relation of some sort.

Domenic93

you also forgot that their fathers are either both fathers are dead (sparda forbid) or is somehow out of the picture, but we do know that inuyasha's dad is dead seeing as we saw the skeleton, but that is not the case for for sparda there has been no indication that he is dead just that for some reason he's not in the picture anymore,

Demon619

Deadman walking
I'd be a big liar if I said that I didn't see any similarites betwen the two medias.

Dante/Inuyasha -A cocky and arrogent half demon that is constantly compared to his almighty father that also has the tendency to protect humans from demons.

Vergil/Sesshomaru -The older brother that prefers demon kind over humans, also wishes to gain the power of their departed father even if they have to aid/be aided by the current antagonist.

Sparda/Inu no Taisho -A enormously powerful demon that chose to protect humans rather than demons, also had two sons that he passed their legacy and enemys to after the passed on.

Despite the facts that the overall fates of these character largely differ from each other (Vergil's death and Sesshomaru survives/Inu no Taisho is surpassed by his sons while there may still be a huge gab between Sparda at his prime as his sons at theirs), these series have major similarites.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante is actually closer to Blade than Inuyasha, actually, they took quite a bit from the Blade film for the game, but nether Dante nor Inuyasha are the first of their kind, they're just the most popular.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
seriously.i gotta check out inuyasha i wanted a longer anime version of devil may cry but this is quite close :D

dvlsnvrcry423

i always noticed similarities between things that involve rivaling brothers who have specific colors to them and DMC. for example, I started watching Trigun years after I played Devil May Cry 3 and immediately said "that Vash guy reminds me of Dante." and then Knives is Vergil. the silliest one i've seen is in the CGI movie of TMNT where Raphael and Leonardo are fighting on a rooftop while rain pours down on them. i sat in the movie theater and said out loud "that's jst like Mission 7 of DMC3" there's always gonna be connection like that if there's a red character versus their blud character brother jst like Inuyasha and Sesshomaru

Seif114

I also noticed that in Trigun. I actualy bursted up laughing because of how similar they are....my friends thought I was going crazy. (they didnt know why I randomly started to laugh.)

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
though inuyasha and dmc may have similar themes etc.....
i wouldn't immediatly start making fanfics of inuyasha and dante as being friends.

but i finished all the episodes of inuyasha and saw sesshomaru grow back his arm and regain a new badass sword....so i wouldn't compare the two franchise to each other.
and my favorite character is totosai. ha! that old guy is the best.

i could care less about inuyasha series when it comes to dmc.

and dante is part human part alien devil with a hint of bug....that's my opinion.
but i do agree on the trigun and dmc theme.....knives and vash...vergil and dante lol. i love that knives.

Top Bottom